Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

RandomName_Ru
05.06.2018 , 08:35 AM | #4881
Well, thanks to this conversation I figured out why I was suspicious that Arcann was becoming too devoted to PC. Talk about cultural clash of a Sith world views and the reality in which certain things do not equal weakness and submission . RP much -_-.

As for "Do not kill Theron" with DS PC, Maybe Arcann would want to try to slow down Commander because they remind him of Vaylin (or himself)? There must be some goodness in them if they did not kill him. But pure DS romance makes no sense, no matter how you spin it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
But if you think about it, Lana is a Sith too, and she does not strike me as a selfish violent individual working in a "master-slave" way. Even her reaction if the PC leaves Theron for dead after Nathema is striking.
Lore gives a number of other examples of Sith that are not the pure bloodthirsty type. However, yes, you can play your character that way and in that case it does not realy fit.
Lana is somewhat of an anomaly, no? As Vorawann(sp), Acina and Marr.

DuskIsNotAmused
05.06.2018 , 08:56 AM | #4882
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I can definitely understand why they chose to go with only one version of Arcann, and have tried to keep him as balanced as possible for both sides. Which he is for most part and it is only in the case of extreme DS, the evil for the sake of evil "I'm Sith mhuahaha", where he doesn't quite fit. They likely did assume those characters would not spare him (overlooking the fact they might have because he's 'sexy' or was a bad boy), so they chose the direction for him which makes most sense.

Most of my PCs are all neutral/grey. Hovering between LS 2-3 or DS 2-3 at best because some of the LS choices feel overly naive whereas many DS choices make the PC sound like a braindead psychopath. I've never been able to reach rank 5 in either direction and no matter how I headcanon, some options just feel far too cruel for me to stomach. I, as the player, get sad and feel bad so I don't do it lol.
^^This made me laugh harder than it should have

Also yeah that's my general read too My Pc has never passed Ds/Ls 2...Yet. I don't always notice when they've gone up a tier. But it bounces back and forth.

Goreshaga
05.06.2018 , 08:57 AM | #4883
I think my only LS 5 is my JK, maybe my JC too, but haven't touched that one for a long time.

My SI was a pure DS untill he became a Dark Councilor, he wanted power to be free, now that he is, he starts to think a bit more for others too and not only for himself (well, I guess Marr had a big impact on him).
My SW is more neutral than pure DS, he does not mind killing people or a bit of torturing either, if it benefit his goal, but he's quite calm and he's not an idiot either. And well, even if turned badly he learned quite a lot from Baras too.
My IA is more LS, though, that like my SW she does not mind killing people if it benefits her mission, but killing tons of civilians or things like that are not something she would appreciate that much.
And my BH tends to be a bit more DS but still quite neutral, killing is what she does for a living but becoming a Mandalorian and travelling with Torian changed her a bit and she somehow discovered that she can fight with honor too.

Anyways, starting from the begining of KOTFE, my DS character tends to let go of their DS tendencies, because playing KOTFE/ET as a pure DS character that always picks DS choices make them look like complete morrons with absolutely no brain (for my main characters that is)
I tried the full DS mode on a token SW and damn this guy must feel quite lonely now, because he does not have many people left around him, haven't touched him past KOTET thoug, I was at the begining of Iokath with him, but dunno if i'll ever touch him again, I don't want to kill Theron, killing Arcann and Senya was already bad enough i'm not sure i could handle killing Theron as well.

And i'd say that the LS choices on the JC sometimes are quite bordeline like messing with people mind over and over again, which does not please Tharan that much btw.

Asmodesu
05.06.2018 , 09:07 AM | #4884
I am always at Dark or light V on every character, not because of story choices chosen and actions taken but because of that toggle, and the crafting/crew missions thanks to it etc.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

MrJunay
05.06.2018 , 09:13 AM | #4885
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
But if you think about it, Lana is a Sith too, and she does not strike me as a selfish violent individual working in a "master-slave" way. Even her reaction if the PC leaves Theron for dead after Nathema is striking.
Lore gives a number of other examples of Sith that are not the pure bloodthirsty type. However, yes, you can play your character that way and in that case it does not realy fit.
Bloodthirst has nothing to do with it.
DS does not at all mean that the character is a mad bloodthirsty maniac. He may just be a tough warrior who does not know what "mercy is to traitors" and he has no friendships with Theron. Theron is just another subordinate for him, just like Lana.

At the time of the dialogue, Arcann does not know that Theron is a double agent. He asks for a mercy for the traitor. (And this despite the fact that the "traitor" for the Sith Warrior is a trigger (he is betrayed by the whole vanilla story))
That's why my warrior's reaction was: "What?! Arcann, go to sleep! You're drunk!"

My SW started KOTFE with DS5. And all the cutscenes he was without a helmet ...
That's why he did good things with the KOTFE / KOTET. What would get rid of this terrible face.

RandomName_Ru
05.06.2018 , 09:38 AM | #4886
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJunay View Post
My SW started KOTFE with DS5. And all the cutscenes he was without a helmet ...
That's why he did good things with the KOTFE / KOTET. What would get rid of this terrible face.
Your SW is pureblood? If so, I do understand why you would want to get rid of that "boiled shrimp" look .

DuskIsNotAmused
05.06.2018 , 09:49 AM | #4887
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodesu View Post
I am always at Dark or light V on every character, not because of story choices chosen and actions taken but because of that toggle, and the crafting/crew missions thanks to it etc.
Yeah that's why mines always toggling back and forth. I see it as a gauge on their temperament on any given day .

Asmodesu
05.06.2018 , 09:53 AM | #4888
Quote: Originally Posted by DuskIsNotAmused View Post
Yeah that's why mines always toggling back and forth. I see it as a gauge on their temperament on any given day .
Haha, I don't bother. the alignment was never very true to my character anyway. She also has her good and bad days xD
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

LeelaSeventen
05.06.2018 , 09:58 AM | #4889
The only time I toggle is when I am trying to get a character to dark and do the crew skills. Normally it is on light unless i am on the imp side where sometimes it is defaulted to dark.

MrJunay
05.06.2018 , 10:05 AM | #4890
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomName_Ru View Post
Your SW is pureblood? If so, I do understand why you would want to get rid of that "boiled shrimp" look .
Fortunately, he is a human. Unfortunately, his skin became cadaverous pale-blue. But I saw pale pink pureblood Sith.