All classes could use simplification

addictedtorpg

I totally disagree,

This need for people to dumb down mmos frustrates me. If you want a console game with 4 buttons go play one.

These games should have a good amount of complexity other wise there is nothing to grown into or manage and it becomes nothing more then a first person shooter for the simple minded.

All the big guides use the same 4-6 abilities in their rotations.

What are the other 20 doing?

Play some PvP and you will understand -_-

In PvP, your stuns, mezzes, knockbacks, roots and slows you don't care about in PvE finally get some uses. A lot of uses. This accounts for about 2-6 abilities depending on the class.

In high level PvE (HM and NiM) and PvP, if you don't use your defensive CD's, you get slaughtered pretty fast. Every spec has 3-7 DCD's/off heal.

Then there is the threat drop every DPS spec must use when they know how to do more than pushing the same 4-6 buttons. Taunts are also useful in PvE (for tanks) and PvP. 1-2 more abilities.

Then we have the offensive CD's which are needed to maximize your DPS and are used in every PvE guides, raising your 4-6 buttons to 6-9 buttons.

Then every spec has 1-4 non-rotationnal AoE's. They are kinda really important to kill adds quickly.

All in all, 8-15 buttons are needed to do your job in the game. 3-7 more are needed to maximize your survivability in HM/NiM content and PvP or to support your team with off-heals. Then, 2-6 abilities are needed in PvP and during a few fights where CC's are actually useful.

TL;DR No ability is useless. Every single ability has a use. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Title says it all. We don't need to overkill, but each class could do with about 4-5 less abilities. A lot of abilities can be combined into one ability, or an ability that improves as you level up. My quickbar is ridiculous.

Every cell in my body hates you and people like you.

Just saying...

Edited by Kaedusz

Well if they simplify my marauder...

I would like the changes to be...

All attack animations that revolve around a swinging my lightsaber turned into:

If I hit my opponent, they should die because I should be slicing right through them with my lightsaber... I dont see how any body with any armor type (especially light armor) can withstand a direct hit from my all mighty lightsaber!

Unless of course my lightsaber is actually one of those plastic toys from toys-r-us... Which currently it seems it is...

I mean these things can cut through 6 inch thick blast doors. Hell with enough time, they can cut through 3 feet worth of reinforced metal (as long as it isnt ray shielded??) how does a piece of cloth absorb the awesome power of my immensly powerful lightsaber?

Please understand... i only want this change done to my marauder... Yes..: only mine!

Please do not prune our abilities. If you feel you have too many, take some off your bar that your not using, and continue to never learn to play. Other games, cough cough WoW has pruned itself out of half the player base, along with many other stupid ideas. This is up there with really dumb ideas. Did the US congress create a swtor account and make this suggestion?

Oh yea, I actually want you to add an ability to my class. Give Marauders a hard stun. 1 hard stun is needed. Ill even compromise and swap you force cammo for a hard stun. Hilt Smash! Marauder pommel whips someone disorienting them for 5-6 sec.

I actually think WoW screwed up with daily quests and a lot of other dumb things, but it seems they are OK with cloning those bad ideas. I don't think we need to take ability simplification to the extreme that they do, but some mild reduction and ability combination is in order. Its a legacy game from 2011 and is showing its age. You can still make the game fun without the whole piano playing experience.

Have you considered removing the abilities that you feel are useless from your hot bars? No, better try and remove these for everybody! So thoughtful of you.

Bioware has done it before though with those abilities that could only be used on mezzed Silver enemies or weaker (look up pommel and mighty kick for example) so who knows, they may listen.

If you want less buttons play any MOBA.. they usually have 4-6 buttons total or you could try game like diablo 3.. but plse dont dumb down this game like they did WOW.. they lost about 5 million subs since panda wars and latest xpac do to dumbing down and the simplification of the game as a whole

Pve wise dont put the stuff on your bar your not using simple. In pvp less buttons will just make the already easy class (sorc, Pt) that dont have alot buttons that they use any way

Edited by GGblazed

Posts like this don't allow us to have good things in MMO's anymore , it was bad enuff they dumbed down and removed any chance of hybrids and simplified it to a few utilities to choose from. It might work in PvE but in PvP you need everything to get on top of the opposition. The more abilities the merrier it makes the difference between good players and bad ones.

eof

Edited by offence