Legacy Family Tree... Is This A Joke

Freyrr

Because your Jedi Master is NOT your family?

Or did you forget the whole "don't have personal relationships" clause in your enlistment papers when you joined the academy? If you, A Jedi, have a son, another Jedi, you are not allowed to teach him because it would foster a relationship. And that's only if you are still allowed to be a Jedi when the Order found out you made a baby!

Actually in this time period Jedi can get married and have children with permission from the Council. They just have to prove they can handle it first. Even in the time of Anakin... They told him no, what did he do? He eloped. Proving they were right, he did not have the maturity to handle the relationship.

Satele Shan? She's descended from Revan and Bastila. Both well respected, and no less respected cause they got married and had children.

You know a new release is like your first girl friend. She ain't perfect but she's ok for the time being. :p

Think of it like that. This is just a start. So many folks rag about the game and the release. You could be sitting around playing Atari pong..

So roll with it. This is a great game and if folks pay attention there has been a lot of thought put into this entire thing. Not perfect but it is a blast to play. :wea_02:

You know a new release is like your first girl friend. She ain't perfect but she's ok for the time being. :p

Think of it like that. This is just a start. So many folks rag about the game and the release. You could be sitting around playing Atari pong..

So roll with it. This is a great game and if folks pay attention there has been a lot of thought put into this entire thing. Not perfect but it is a blast to play. :wea_02:

Agreed

The Legacy system has totally destroyed my RP joy... >.<

So i havn't constructed my Legacy, and i wont do it in the future, unless biowere change it, so it won't bound to all your character.

Oh and about the bounding too all the characters you have, thats not very RP Bioware...

The Legacy system has totally destroyed my RP joy... >.<

So i havn't constructed my Legacy, and i wont do it in the future, unless biowere change it, so it won't bound to all your character.

Oh and about the bounding too all the characters you have, thats not very RP Bioware...

You might turn off the Legacy title on those characters that you don't consider to be part of the Legacy.

You might turn off the Legacy title on those characters that you don't consider to be part of the Legacy.

Its not that, its that i don't want the same surname for all my characters, that is what the legacy have destroyed, beside thats the exact opposite of what RP stands of, just turn it off, then it wont have the rp thing if you just turn it off?? That a last name HAVE to bound to every character in the game..

Yea i can understand that, so you can make your own family and so, but i don't want my Human Assassin to be relate to my Chiss agent, since i have made my sith assassin Japanese and want her to have a Japanese surname, but the Japanese surname wouldn't fit to my Chiss

Or like with my true sith, i don't want him to be relate with my Cyborg Bounty Hunter, it will just not fit in anyway..

I don't like that all your characters will get bound, for me it ruin the RP joy.

Its not that, its that i don't want the same surname for all my characters, that is what the legacy have destroyed, beside thats the exact opposite of what RP stands of, just turn it off, then it wont have the rp thing if you just turn it off?? That a last name HAVE to bound to every character in the game..

Yea i can understand that, so you can make your own family and so, but i don't want my Human Assassin to be relate to my Chiss agent, since i have made my sith assassin Japanese and want her to have a Japanese surname, but the Japanese surname wouldn't fit to my Chiss

Or like with my true sith, i don't want him to be relate with my Cyborg Bounty Hunter, it will just not fit in anyway..

I don't like that all your characters will get bound, for me it ruin the RP joy.

The surname is an extra. You can have your character without the surname and thus not related to your Legacy... or, if you really can't live without a surname, then you can make the second character on a different server.

This isn't destroying RP or the "opposite" of RP. They gave you a way to give some of your characters surnames -- many games don't have that at all. Just because you can't have a different surname for each character should not be a problem. Look at the legacy surname as an added bonus on top of your standard RP.

You are not bound to use the system. Each character has the option to be part of the Legacy. They are not required to be.

Edited by Darth_Slaine

The surname is an extra. You can have your character without the surname and thus not related to your Legacy... or, if you really can't live without a surname, then you can make the second character on a different server.

This isn't destroying RP or the "opposite" of RP. They gave you a way to give some of your characters surnames -- many games don't have that at all. Just because you can't have a different surname for each character should not be a problem. Look at the legacy surname as an added bonus on top of your standard RP.

You are not bound to use the system. Each character has the option to be part of the Legacy. They are not required to be.

I'm not going to say it's a huge, emoragequit, OMGZOR THIS DESTROYED MY GAMING EXPERIENCE issue for me. But I do wish they hadn't tied Legacy last names to character last names. I hope at some point they add actual last names and allow you the option to use your a) unique Legacy name as a last name or b) your non-unique last name of your choice for the individual character with your Legacy as the title. This would solve the problem of requiring way too many unique last names, as we all know that requiring uniqueness in both first, last, and legacy names would be a ridiculous amount of uniqueness, and would also allow players to RP ingame relationships and familial bonds without requiring coding connections to connect legacies. Not that I wouldn't like that as something for the future, but non-unique last names would be a much smaller thing to add!

I'm not going to say it's a huge, emoragequit, OMGZOR THIS DESTROYED MY GAMING EXPERIENCE issue for me. But I do wish they hadn't tied Legacy last names to character last names. I hope at some point they add actual last names and allow you the option to use your a) unique Legacy name as a last name or b) your non-unique last name of your choice for the individual character with your Legacy as the title. This would solve the problem of requiring way too many unique last names, as we all know that requiring uniqueness in both first, last, and legacy names would be a ridiculous amount of uniqueness, and would also allow players to RP ingame relationships and familial bonds without requiring coding connections to connect legacies. Not that I wouldn't like that as something for the future, but non-unique last names would be a much smaller thing to add!

Agreed. It would also, to use Lucas' characters as example allow the following

Luke Skywalker

Anakin Skywalker

Han Solo

<The Solo Legacy>

Leia Organa-Solo

<The Skywalker Legacy>

Jaina Solo

<The Fett Legacy>

Jacen Solo

<The Calrissian Legacy>

So, Skywalker Legacy is one player and Fett and Calrissian Legacies are other players, yet they have the the RP together so they have the same surname for Han, Leia, Jaina, and Jacen.

Or, even better keep it "unique" but allow us to "adopt" others into our legacy.

So, say Han Solo is a player and Leia Organa is another player, then Han could "Invite to join Legacy" which would allow Leia to be Leia Solo.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero