Returning to game after a long break

Rthen

So last week I decided to return to SWTOR, previous to this I played just after release for about a month. I played a Jedi Shadow and found the game mechanics lacking, story line too scripted, and the feedback from people experiencing end game at the time as a Shadow all reason enough to quit. My shadow is almost level 30 and I will likely only play it as an alt.

I created a new character, this time a Imperial Agent Sniper. I really like the SWTOR universe and want a fun class to play.. this was not (for me) the Jedi Shadow.

So far its been fun, but I have a few questions:

1. Is there end game demand for the class? If not I don't really want to play something that won't get groups.

2. The fact that this is not a force based class, does this mean its not going to receive attention from BioWare? I know this sounds like an odd question and honestly it seems Jedi Shadow's got little to no attention and they are force based but after a trip through the forums I thought it worth asking.

3. How soloable is this class PvE in the 50+ level?

4. Is this class at all ok for PvP?

For any replies.. thanks..

1. Yes, sniper is currently one of the best ranged DPS (and we all love range) in the game and is likely to stay atleast competitive in atleast 1 spec due to being a damage-only class. (Currently all specs are pretty amazing.)

2. Some people claim force-classes are preferred by Bioware, but personally I don't really see tech-classes being behind. Operatives are often consider to be the strongest (or most OP) healers, Mercanaries dish out great DPS just like Snipers. Powertech are fine Tanks. Obviously skill is very important but I don't see anyone gimping theirselves playing a techclass.

3. Anything that is suppose to be done solo can be done solo with Sniper easily. Any class can, but I must admit my Sniper has one of the easiest times in solo-content. You get good defensive cooldowns and loads of ways to keep enemies of you.

4. Snipers are very strong in PvP. Their burst is outstanding aswell as their survivability when in the right positions. Due to 'Hunker Down' and cover they are also less frail to interrupts and CCs.