PVP'ing as a Republic on a low pop server

EderSchippers

Hello, Im a Trooper Vanguard and I love my class and just like this game overall. PVE/PVP im enjoying it. GJ Bioware! Im Playing on server Dune Bantha. Many friendly people but not so busy. I'm writing this down in perspective of Republic players on a unbalanced underpopulated server. So what I write down doesnt apply to Imperials and Rep's lucky enough with normal pvp queue times/battles. Its my view but somewhere I think its something more Republic players are bothered with (at least many Rep's on my server which I poked and asked questions about their pvp experience)

I am encountering problems only you (Bioware/EA) can fix. I can do jack **** about it, besides rerolling to another server and lvl/gearing another toon. The bigproblem with that is I have a job and go to college and busy times are starting now. So I just dont have the time anymore to play 6 hours a day. So rerolling is no option for me. Not to mention all those super not-getting-boring-at-all-daillies-kuch I have to do all over again. Making new friends on a new server while I have already many on this server, etcetc. Many reasons not to reroll

I am a Republic player who like to play Warzone's besides raiding and doing the daillies to gear up and get credits. I have no comment on PvE, besides that im enjoying it with my guild/friends.

But the PvP queue times and the overgeared Imp players are killing the fun in PVP WZ's (as example a 5 hours queue on friday between 14:00 - 19:00 and no WZ at all is staggering annoying). About 70% of all the games I played last 2 weeks where automaticly forfeit in 200 sec. Guess which team will win that WZ and get more points etc :confused:

6vs8 is no fun either. Getting spanked by Battlemaster geared Imp's to a point the game forces you to exit because you didnt left the starting area because outside, 5 yards away, they are killing you with massive aoe and basicly farm you and you dont wanna give them another free kill.

Imperials are getting (unbalanced)geared vs ALL the republic's now to a point that I see them solo slapping 3 of us with a pink stick while they are LoL'ing (I can do the same with low geared Imp's, sure is fun sometimes). The reason Imperials are getting this overgeared vs Rep's is because they are with more and have Huttball and therefor play lots more games then the Republic's. This is why they gather their stuff just much faster then us. They win more then 95% of the WZ games against the Republic. Ilum is Imperial Area during the day. Started several raid groups but they just outnumber us and people give up and go do something else. So, as a Republic, its no use going there during the day cause there are always Imps farming the Arnaments too

So as it is now, for a Republic player on my server, the only way to keep up with gear on my server is to farm the white desert Ilum for Arnaments every night, every day, for the daily/weekly. Its not possible during the day, the Imp's just outnumber us with too many. Weekly 9 WZ wins is possible in one week if you joined every game (bound to win a few voidstar battles cause you managed to open the door in the 200 sec period and started as attacker)

If something doesnt change to our server it will be a Imp Huttbal only WZ server guaranteed (+ the new ones in a next patch) The gap is already too big to overcome for the random pvp'ers who just hit 50 and like to play just a few games a day/week. The hours of PVP queue times are just taunting people. Im writing this on a saterday during the day. in 5 hours I joined 4 pvp games and lost 4 because we didnt have enough people. It doesnt matter how you look at it. It's sure not FUN. And if it was it just ended there

You, Bioware, created these unpopulated servers from the start by undercapping your own servers and spreading as many people out as possible. BUt there is a downside to that and now I'm here asking you do something about it. I just like your game very much and wanna get entertained by it for a longer period of time. BUt I do not want to reroll my trooper

On a saterday when there are 27 people in Republic fleet it is not so good for your game and makes people reroll or quit when their gametime is up. Do something with these underpopulated servers or start losing subscriptions (or can someone explain to me and the other Republic players how pvp WZ can be fun with 4 hours queues and 7 out of 10 auto forfeit in 200 sec)

PLSPLS do consider server merge and/or player-guild transfers PLSPLS (or even if you have to do it go for WZ cross-realms. I'm a bit fed up with these 4 hourish queue times and undergeared teammates/forfeit losses vs Battlemaster geared Imp's.]

Edited by EderSchippers
Type errors

yes and they also said we would have a smooth launch and didnt have to worry about server population.

Lal yeah ofc. Almost everyone agrees they screwed it up with that many servers and too low cap on servers at the start.

Im demanding action tommorow not in a stupid patch in months (they had to fix the kills not counting in Ilum 3x, I mean *** is up y00. You amateurs>?

People are just going to tell you "They're adding cross server queues" but I really don't think that's enough. There's still only going to be 27 people on the Fleet and I'm sure you have a horrible time in Illum. It doesn't fix the fact that you're on a dead server, with out the option to even pay for a transfer. Even if you could pay for one, what about your friends and guild?

The problem is, server merging means the "game is dying" or something to that extent. It might look bad for people who make money off of this game. But it gets you wondering, which is worse? A happy player base with populated server's to play on, with the illusion of a dying game - or an unhappy player base on unpopulated server's, with the illusion that "everything is okay."

Personally, I'm all for server merges or transfers. I think if more people had larger communities to play with, they wouldn't even need to introduce cross server queues.

tl;dr but honestly

QQ theres a queue on my server ima go to an empty server -> 1-2months later QQ my server is empty

solution: start playing on a different server, this game is all about the story, so simply once you finish ur current toon, start playing another class on another server.

Edited by eTpC

The problem is, server merging means the "game is dying" or something to that extent. It might look bad for people who make money off of this game.

You know WoW merged some servers early on, though they blamed it on some fudementally broken servers (ie. Frostwolf). No one really complained.

I think it's how they approach it -- "We greatly optimized our server capabilities and now are looking to combine several servers to assist in balacing faction populations."

Sooner are later, Bioware has to address it...and if it's later, those people stuck on low pops will have long since left.

Edited by Pulpp