Suggestion: Accrue Social Points for Giving/receiving MVPs

WittyRaevyn

Hi,

It is notoriously difficult for the PVP minded player to gain social points. This is strange since all of the PVP objectives are largely social and team oriented. I would like to suggest that we receive 1 (yes only 1) social point for both/either:

Voting someone MVP

Being voted MVP

This will encourage players to help each other, participate in more teamwork, work together, and most of all not be punished by choosing to be social in a PVP setting rather than in a PVE setting. MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! It will encourage players NOT to leave a warzone before the battle is truly over!!

Awarding only 1 social point per MVP voted/received seems fair, and also seems like the to have an equivalent amount of "time sink" as it would take to run Black Talon normal over and over again. It is also FAR less tedious, and actually more social than joining a group and spacebaring through meaningless conversations you've seen hundreds of times.

Please /sign or /troll appropriately.

Thank you!

Frey the Heartless

Rakata Mind Prison

Level 50 Mercenary

I totally agree. I'm not even social 1, only like 160/750 points or whatever. I soloed my way to 50 doing every single quest on my own, except a few groups for a couple of flashpoints at lower levels. I dropped the social 1 mission because I knew I would never achieve it because I don't care about flash points.

I've been level 50 since week 3-4, and now I'm valor 50 legit way since yesterday, still only 160 social rank zero lol.

I just read 5 minutes ago in that thread about ilum consequences that there is a device from the social vendor that lets you Mark pvp targets as ops leader. Im at work so I can't check into it, but if it's true, I really had no idea because I never looked at the social vendor because I had no social rank so I didn't care. I want that device, so please give me warzone social points!

Edited by Frankee

Agree.

I'm having to run my friend's low level alts through gear collection runs in instances to try and get some social points.

I leveled to 42 with my only PvE from the moment I dinged 10 till now being my storyline quests, and now I have to go back and listen to the silly PvE voice acting BS just to get my sandpeople armor.

Why does a PvP minded player need sandpeople armor?

When huttball is 5-0 and we are farming, who would not be extra humiliated by getting killed by a sandperson?

Serious Answer: All players of the game should have a right to enjoy the costumes, mounts, and other fun things that come with social points :) besides, who knows what they will add in the future!

Ohh great idea! I want rataka set from PvP and Datacrons from Ilum dailies. You know, all players of the game should enjoy that without doing whats needed to do proper content to get it.

Thats basically what you've said.

Imagine MMO game is KFC. What you basically ask is for fries to taste and fill you just like chicken with gravy. It just can't work. You like fries best and want to eat only them, but if you want to taste the chicken flavor you HAVE to eat chicken.

Want social points, group up for pve quets/dailies/flashpoints.

Edited by Lerdoc

Star Wars the Old Republic has done well to provide a more equal and therefore more enjoyable gaming experience for PVP centric players. The experience points and credits gained per completion of Warzone matches enabled strictly PVP centric players the opportunity to level at a reasonable rate compared to a PVE player. In addition mounts, gear, and other game items have been made exclusively available to PVP players to encourage and reward their commitment to participation in that gameplay.

That aside, in my opinion as a hardcore PVP player I feel that PVP game play not only encourages but requires a large social commitment. To avoid exploit, and to encourage individuals to complete Warzones matches they feel are pointless, and to reward participants of Warzone matches for their commitment to their team I completely agree with the proposal of rewarding one social point for individuals who complete an entire Warzone match, and providing them with an additional one social point for voting for an individual on their team, and receiving one social point per vote received from Warzone teammates.

If this proposal was incorporated entirely the maximum social points an individual could receive for a Warzone match would be as follows.

+1 = Completion of an entire match

+1 = For voting for a teammate at the completion of a match

+7 = If an entire team voted for one individual at the completion of a match

= 9 total maximum social points able to be rewarded to an individual for the successful completion of a Warzone match.

Nine maximum available social points available for an individual for active participation in Warzones provides an equal reward to winning the roll in one dialogue choice in a full normal mode flashpoint group discussion. The commitment to social interaction and game play is also equal or exceeds in time commitment to a player participating in PVE centric activities which reward social points.

-Mind

Ohh great idea! I want rataka set from PvP and Datacrons from Ilum dailies. You know, all players of the game should enjoy that without doing whats needed to do proper content to get it.

Thats basically what you've said.

Want social points, group up for pve quets/dailies/flashpoints.

Ignoring your idiotic argument that implies giving pvpers social gear/items will somehow break the game like giving people endgame gear with much less effort would...

Are you implying that it's somehow less social to group up and work together to complete pvp objectives than it is to group up and work together to complete pve ones?

Ignoring your idiotic argument that implies giving pvpers social gear/items will somehow break the game like giving people endgame gear with much less effort would...

Are you implying that it's somehow less social to group up and work together to complete pvp objectives than it is to group up and work together to complete pve ones?

Thank you. I was going to reply, but you've summarized it succinctly.

What I am proposing in no way provides an unfair advantage to anyone. It also does not reward players unjustly. Social points should benefit any players participating in making an active and enjoyably community.

Serious Question: Why do PvP players need social points?

Why would anyone?

pvp players are rarely not in a group while pvping and teamwork is important to pvp so i see no reason why social points shouldn't be awarded.

And anything that encourages the use of MVP voting is a good thing in my eyes.

Imagine MMO game is KFC. What you basically ask is for fries to taste and fill you just like chicken with gravy. It just can't work. You like fries best and want to eat only them, but if you want to taste the chicken flavor you HAVE to eat chicken.

:eek:

I would love to see more ways to get social points, rather than just power-grinding lowbies through Esseles. MVP votes adding social points would be awesome, even as just +1 as the OP suggested.

I'd love to see them awarded for other PVP activities too, such as in Ilum. Perhaps +1 for every kill while teamed and within 40m of your teammates?

I'll explain you my idiotic argument as simply as I can so you can actually grasp it:

Game have few segments, like PVE, PVP, space combat(not talking how well its done, just talking about segments) and social. Each one of them requires different tasks, each one provides you with unique rewards. While PvE and social are connected(because PvP quests come out of box instead of chat with NPC) the restrequire you to do specific tasks to get specific rewards, you want PvP gear, you PVP, you want space ship parts, you do space dailies, you want PvE mods, you do Ilum dailies and you want social gear, you do conversations with NPCs and quests for them in group.

Its THAT simple. Its not about affecting the game one way or another, its about asking BW to spoon feed you. I don't want TOR to turn into another WoW where every player feels entitled for everything regardless of what they do and how well or how often, people want it there and Blizzard caters to them "couse they pay subs".

So, put some effort and do whats required if you want the stuff for yourself but DO NOT ask for freebies. This thread basically asks to be spoon fed as OP is too lazy to get a group and do some dailies or FPs for social points.

I'll explain you my idiotic argument as simply as I can so you can actually grasp it:

Game have few segments, like PVE, PVP, space combat(not talking how well its done, just talking about segments) and social. Each one of them requires different tasks, each one provides you with unique rewards. While PvE and social are connected(because PvP quests come out of box instead of chat with NPC) the restrequire you to do specific tasks to get specific rewards, you want PvP gear, you PVP, you want space ship parts, you do space dailies, you want PvE mods, you do Ilum dailies and you want social gear, you do conversations with NPCs and quests for them in group.

Its THAT simple. Its not about affecting the game one way or another, its about asking BW to spoon feed you. I don't want TOR to turn into another WoW where every player feels entitled for everything regardless of what they do and how well or how often, people want it there and Blizzard caters to them "couse they pay subs".

So, put some effort and do whats required if you want the stuff for yourself but DO NOT ask for freebies. This thread basically asks to be spoon fed as OP is too lazy to get a group and do some dailies or FPs for social points.

I understand your statement. I agree that we shouldn't be spoonfed gear for doing ANYTHING in the game. I agree that ship parts shouldn't drop off of mobs we kill. I also agree that WoW gave people a sense of entitlement that was truly undeserved.

However, I do not feel that giving a very small amount of social points for doing something social can in any way be likened to your examples. This is not an undue sense of entitlement.

One of the responders to the thread did the math...receiving ALL of the votes in a single PVP match would be the equivalent of completing ONE conversation in a full group flashpoint. ONE conversation?!? I don't know if you pvp much, but the chances of you getting every MVP vote is nearly impossible. This is not going to be spoonfeeding anything to anyone. It's just going to allow people to gain a LITTLE bit of social love.

This is just a suggestion that the social system could use a little bit of tweaking. I think you are blowing it way out of proportion when you are comparing it to the other elements of the game you keep mentioning.