What is the Emperor?

Rawwwdog

It says that everyone is scared of the Emperor's return because he wants to "consume" the galaxy. What type of being is he that he's capable of something like this? Why is he locked away? Also why aren't there any other beings that are capable of doing the same? Why didn't we just kill him when he was weak instead of putting him in a tomb?

It says that everyone is scared of the Emperor's return because he wants to "consume" the galaxy. What type of being is he that he's capable of something like this? Why is he locked away? Also why aren't there any other beings that are capable of doing the same? Why didn't we just kill him when he was weak instead of putting him in a tomb?

He's an extremely powerful Force user with extensive knowledge of Sith rituals that presumably no-one else in the galaxy has any knowledge of or access to.

Where'd you get the "locked away" part though? SoR? He wasn't locked away, he was recovering from the events of the Jedi Knight class story.

The Knight tried to defeat him but only killed a host body. Following that the Emperor went into hiding to recover with the help of his loyal servants. Then on Yavin he finally regained enough power to reappear.

Edited by Darkelefantos

Play the Knight story.

Vitiate is a Celestial (look it up on wookieepedia, though beware the fanboys as that site is full of them). He is a high-ranking minion of the Singularity (the main villain of the Revenant trilogy). He leaves the galaxy to return at the end of episode vii. He wants to destroy the galaxy so the Singularity can rebuild it to his/her/its? liking.

Vitiate is a Celestial (look it up on wookieepedia, though beware the fanboys as that site is full of them). He is a high-ranking minion of the Singularity (the main villain of the Revenant trilogy). He leaves the galaxy to return at the end of episode vii. He wants to destroy the galaxy so the Singularity can rebuild it to his/her/its? liking.

To the OP, if you don't know the rule, don't trust Fido. But to answer the question yes, on wookieepedia it clarifies (by citing Drew Karpyshyn's books) that the emperor is an ancient Force-User that grew extremely powerful through a ritual on "Nathema". Though it was stated in the "Darth Plagueis" book that he died a final death 3,600 years before the clone wars, so it's likely we will see his end at some point in a future expac. Play the JK and SW stories and maybe Kotor 2 for a lot of the story.

He's a vague and terribly written villain with no identifiable motivations, limitations, or weaknesses who does whatever the plot decrees he do.

So he's a pretty classic "Epic Story" type villain. Archetypes man.... lets get some originality lol.

I always thought he was an ancient force ghost who could take over the bodies of others; not at all unheard of, he was just much more powerful than most and had a very large collection of hosts to choose from, basically anyone that had a ritual performed on them (such as his children) or someone he had previously possessed was at risk.

I played through all the storylines and the one that made the most sense to finally vanquish the Emperor was the Inquisitor, due to his ability to control or destroy ghosts.

The Knight and Warrior were absolutely capable of destroying his body, but I felt the Inquisitor was the only one that was capable of destroying his soul. This is particularly evident in the 'light side' inquisitor ending where he is able to purify ancient sith spirits and allow them to die a final death and return to the force.

And no, I don't like the inqusitor story very much, it just made the most sense to me since swordplay simply isn't enough to kill vitiate for good.

Edited by maxetius

He's somewhere on the outer rim.

Probably in a cantina with Jadas and Baras throwing credits at the dancers.

fun fact

light side jaesa is super happy if you initially decide to spare baras.

if you 'mercy kill' him after the council has their say, she doesn't mind.

fun fact

light side jaesa is super happy if you initially decide to spare baras.

if you 'mercy kill' him after the council has their say, she doesn't mind.

Oooh, I didn't know that! I had Pierce with me, so of course I got 300 + affection...

for shoving a lightsaber in his chest.

Of all the crackpot theories out there, the notion that Palpatine is Vitiate is the worst.

i didn't mean he is literally palpatine.

I meant that the way palps survives Endor is similar to how the Emperor survives in the game

All this conspiracy theory stuff has me wondering... I'd put even money on Emperor Valkorion in the expansion being Darth Jadus. Jadus is a complete cipher of a character, no one knows a damn thing about him and he survives the Imperial Agent's story one way or another. A false flag operation against the Empire to pave the way for reconstructing an/the Empire to suit his vision is something he's already done, and again we already know that he cares nothing for his offspring. Especially if Jadus was canonically defeated in the Agent story, we know he went into exile, so... what if he found an empire, out in the unexplored parts of the galaxy? Jadus knows almost everything about the Empire and Republic, their strengths and weaknesses. If he had the chance to wipe the slate clean and remake the galaxy in his image...

All this conspiracy theory stuff has me wondering... I'd put even money on Emperor Valkorion in the expansion being Darth Jadus. Jadus is a complete cipher of a character, no one knows a damn thing about him and he survives the Imperial Agent's story one way or another. A false flag operation against the Empire to pave the way for reconstructing an/the Empire to suit his vision is something he's already done, and again we already know that he cares nothing for his offspring. Especially if Jadus was canonically defeated in the Agent story, we know he went into exile, so... what if he found an empire, out in the unexplored parts of the galaxy? Jadus knows almost everything about the Empire and Republic, their strengths and weaknesses. If he had the chance to wipe the slate clean and remake the galaxy in his image...

Conspiracy theories lead to disappointment. If you believe that Valkorion is really Vitiate, who is really Palpatine, who is really a clone of Kephess created by the Yuuzhan Vong to rewrite time so that the new movies don't happen, thus making all of the EU canon, you're going to be disappointed, and disappointment leads to whining, and whining leads to this game getting a bad reputation. Theories like this are why everybody thinks that all Star Wars fans are troglodytes who argue day and night on message boards about who shot first. Wookieepedia, a site considered only one step down from official, is full of these types. If it weren't considered "unencyclopedic", they would regard all the insane theories about Coruscant being Earth, as canon.

Conspiracy theories lead to disappointment. If you believe that Valkorion is really Vitiate, who is really Palpatine, who is really a clone of Kephess created by the Yuuzhan Vong to rewrite time so that the new movies don't happen, thus making all of the EU canon, you're going to be disappointed, and disappointment leads to whining, and whining leads to this game getting a bad reputation. Theories like this are why everybody thinks that all Star Wars fans are troglodytes who argue day and night on message boards about who shot first. Wookieepedia, a site considered only one step down from official, is full of these types. If it weren't considered "unencyclopedic", they would regard all the insane theories about Coruscant being Earth, as canon.

Yeah, I know my idea is 99.99% likely to be ********, it's just something I started wondering while I was bored.