Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

lets flip this around for a minute, lets say bioware gave everybody who purchased it 1050 cartel coins.

now, how come i'm being punished for purchasing it later rather then earlyer? i only started playing in late july, so it's not my fault i didn't purchase it till august. the company is just had bad advertising/marketing in my area.

i want, no i DEMAND 5 months worth of compensation that the early purchasers are getting.

i don't really care what it is. maybe a couple lvl 55 armor sets, or an instant lvl 55 character, or shiny statue...hell that pre-order speeder in the fleet would be nice, you could give me that aswell :)

What stopped you from buying it earlier? Who's fault was it they you decided not to buy it before you did?

Maybe you should get whoever stopped you from buying it to compensate you for your loss.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa...wait a minute...is this accurate?! I thought we all received the 1050 coins...

You thought wrong. Here is what they said:

"Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT"

side note:

it's also completely unrealistic that content, especially video games or expansions for video games should go down in price as time passes, or that bonus content will become free with the release of "game of the year" editions or "expanded content" editions, for the same price as the original when it was first release, or even cheaper then the original when first release.

completely unrealistic.....:rolleyes:

on that note i have several original release skyrim games i'm selling for $60 :)

if you're not sure what skyrim is here's a link link please disregard the reduced price, that's just silly that a store would reduce the price for a game almost a year after it's release.... TOTALLY silly. :rolleyes:

i doubt 1050 CC is 5 months of appreciation, i could have easily not purchased the expansion and bought the 1050 CC for the same amount of money instead. i see the 1050 CC as a refund for my purchase.

nope i want 5 months worth of appreciation you got, gimi all your lvl 55 gear, gimi atleast 2 lvl 55 characters, and give me another 5 levels of legacy that you have that i don't because i haven't played the expansion for the last 5 months.

It doesn't take five months to gear up. It also doesn't take five months to level two characters from 50 to 55. And don't you continue to level legacy to 50 regardless of owning the expansion or not? or are you assuming they increased legacy experience to 55 as well?

Whoa...wait a minute...is this accurate?! I thought we all received the 1050 coins...

Nope, we just get the 'Risen' title

Edited by Iggster

I noticed you said you wouldn't be playing still if it wasn't for the content and free coins to subscribers. You basically admitted you got what you paid for and you were satisfied with it, yet you're still here complaining. Is it just to annoy people?

Your first post on this thread was "Thank you!". I'm guessing you are happy to be getting free content that other people paid for. All arguments aside, this hardly makes you an objective party on how those who paid for the expansion should feel about this. You're getting free content. I would be pleased as punch if I were you too.

:: clears throat ::

First of all: you're all suffering from a clear perception problem, just heal to full and then you can make em pay for what they did.

Seriously, you guys really expected clever pr mechanics from bioware?

First off: i dont care about the cartel coins, i'm happy with what i played the past couple months, however the 'title' thing just seems too much like a pacifier: look we gave those people money but here you go, have a title to add to your collection of titles that everyone else has and isnt in any way unique.

A few questions to people that bought it day that are complaining:

Were you okay with your purchase 2 hours ago before knowing this?

Were you satisfied with the content for the last 6 months?

If you answered no to the above 2: Why are you still playing?

Would you have honestly been okay with playing the vanilla version of this game for 6 months? And paying for it?

If no, then why are you complaining now?

I actually liked the mechanics in 1.0-1.4 more. (Give me back my project, salvation, interrupts in warzones, general actual class balance, soa random mechanic hard/nightmare mode, scoundrel giggle when gaining upper hand, )

Saying that 'giving 1050' cartel coins to everyone would cost them money is false as well, I, and probably there are other people out there like me only spend the cartel coins we get for 'free' from our security key/subscriber/random stuff. I only bought cartel coins when they were just added, havent since because i can't be arsed to spend 3 euros on random stuff that from what i can tell considers 'crappy intern made' gear 'uncommon' and some pet that i dont want instead of atleast a decent looking piece of gear 'rare'. (not to forget that the 'crafting' mats you get are just inventory clutter, and the companion gifts are more of a: meh i gueess it saves me a mission?)

Anyway, people keep on raging, its threads like these that keep me busy during raid nights.

You thought wrong. Here is what they said:

"Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT"

Yeah...I see that now...well...that sucks.

Bioware...seriously...what were you thinking?!

What stopped you from buying it earlier? Who's fault was it they you decided not to buy it before you did?

Maybe you should get whoever stopped you from buying it to compensate you for your loss.

i blame bioware for poor advertising, i wasn't aware of the game till july, as i wasn't aware of it and didn't know it existed i wasn't able to purchase the expansion earlier.

i feel you're also partly responsable, after all word of mouth is a large part of advertisement aswell.... why did you not tell me about SWTOR back in december! >=|...jerk!... i want compensation!

lets flip this around for a minute, lets say bioware gave everybody who purchased it 1050 cartel coins.

now, how come i'm being punished for purchasing it later rather then earlyer? i only started playing in late july, so it's not my fault i didn't purchase it till august. the company is just had bad advertising/marketing in my area.

i want, no i DEMAND 5 months worth of compensation that the early purchasers are getting.

i don't really care what it is. maybe a couple lvl 55 armor sets, or an instant lvl 55 character, or shiny statue...hell that pre-order speeder in the fleet would be nice, you could give me that aswell :)

Because you purchased it after it first became available for 10 bucks as a subscriber. You've had six months to purchase it if you were a Day 1 subscriber. And if you can't afford a measly 10 bucks in 6 months worth of time, maybe you shouldn't even subscribe if you don't have that kinda money.

NVM Say your statement about subscribing in June, my point still stands (not towards you though).

Edited by WillCaedes

maybe if all the butt hurt, early/pre-order people who bought the release prior to the 11th could make a petition to have bioware engineer a time machine so you could go back in time and tell yourself to not spend the next 5 months playing expanded content for $10 because it's going to be free in 6 months :D

that's a savings of nearly $2 a month! =o HOLY **** YOU'RE RICH NOW!

Or they could just give people who supported the game to begin with the cartel coins too and not just give them to waffling part timers or perhaps even smack-talking arseholes..that would work.

Someone disagrees with me! They must be bioware/ea employees or trolls, the whole world is out to get me. That's why I'm being punished and not getting what someone else is getting.

That's you.

Their loyalty is having their devs make you content, fix bugs, hire customer service reps, keep the servers and forums up(Also remember they don't HAVE to give subscribers CC every month, there's more of a perk to you). The ONLY thing you are entitled to is access to what you paid for. You are owed nothing else.

Sorry pal, but im not F2P here, I pay them for what they do. They need to be honored to do what they do and earn a living. I wish I could make video games and get paid for it. Take care of the customer, or they go elsehwere. I don't need to be content with that THEY do, they need to work hard to keep me that way. And BTW most of what THEY do also effects F2P as well, so those people are getting alot of what I do except for free. And since were doing impression, heres you..

" You all should bow down on both knees and worship and honor EA/Bioware in all of their greedy glory because im a trained monkey that likes to play PR rep that tries to put out the flames for them, but what I end up doing is causing more damage and making myself look like a total tool who should go back to toilet mongering because my life sucks and im bored, so I troll people on a game forums."

I had to laugh when you said part of their "loyalty" was hiring customer reps and fixing bugs? You just lost ALL credibility when you said those two things, cause atm this game is FULL of bugs with no end in sight, and customer support? really? People wait weeks to get problems fixed. Im still waiting 3 weeks on a issue with a open ticket.

Your first post on this thread was "Thank you!". I'm guessing you are happy to be getting free content that other people paid for. All arguments aside, this hardly makes you an objective party on how those who paid for the expansion should feel about this. You're getting free content. I would be pleased as punch if I were you too.

Yep, I am. I also guarantee you I wouldn't be complaining tomorrow if they said they weren't doing it. Because I'm not entitled. Who's objective in your opinion then? The guy that thinks he deserves coins because someone else is getting them? The one getting the coins?

I'd probably say the Bioware and EA businessmen and lawyers who made this decision are the most objective. I just so happen to agree with them.

Sorry pal, but im not F2P here, I pay them for what they do. They need to be honored to do what they do and earn a living. I wish I could make video games and get paid for it. Take care of the customer, or they go elsehwere. I don't need to be content with that THEY do, they need to work hard to keep me that way.

Proof of entitlement. "They owe me". Funny thing is a few pages back you said you were satisfied with the content for the last 6 months, so they're doing their job. If you didn't say that I might think you were unsatisfied but its too late now.

I had to laugh when you said part of their "loyalty" was hiring customer reps and fixing bugs? You just lost ALL credibility when you said those two things, cause atm this game is FULL of bugs with no end in sight, and customer support? really? People wait weeks to get problems fixed. Im still waiting 3 weeks on a issue with a open ticket.

When was the last patch? Every new patch brings in thousands of lines of coding, bugs happen and get fixed. Is this your first MMO? Honestly?

Edited by Kalshic

Sorry pal, but im not F2P here, I pay them for what they do. They need to be honored to do what they do and earn a living. I wish I could make video games and get paid for it. Take care of the customer, or they go elsehwere. I don't need to be content with that THEY do, they need to work hard to keep me that way. And BTW most of what THEY do also effects F2P as well, so those people are getting alot of what I do except for free. And since were doing impression, heres you..

" You all should bow down on both knees and worship and honor EA/Bioware in all of their greedy glory because im a trained monkey that likes to play PR rep that tries to put out the flames for them, but what I end up doing is causing more damage and making myself look like a total tool who should go back to toilet mongering because my life sucks and im bored, so I troll people on a game forums."

I'm still waiting for a reason why you think that anyone who disagrees with you must work at Bioware......

side note:

it's also completely unrealistic that content, especially video games or expansions for video games should go down in price as time passes, or that bonus content will become free with the release of "game of the year" editions or "expanded content" editions, for the same price as the original when it was first release, or even cheaper then the original when first release.

completely unrealistic.....:rolleyes:

on that note i have several original release skyrim games i'm selling for $60 :)

if you're not sure what skyrim is here's a link link please disregard the reduced price, that's just silly that a store would reduce the price for a game almost a year after it's release.... TOTALLY silly. :rolleyes:

I am ok with them making the content free, but that does not mean that I am also ok with them showing me less appreciation than they are to recent buyers of the content.

The truth is, I always thought that the content should have been free to subscribers, and I only begrudgingly bought it in the first place. Now I am thinking that it would be better if I had just unsubbed when ROHTC first came out, and waited to resub when the content was made free. I doubt that I will make the same mistake the next time.

It doesn't take five months to gear up. It also doesn't take five months to level two characters from 50 to 55. And don't you continue to level legacy to 50 regardless of owning the expansion or not? or are you assuming they increased legacy experience to 55 as well?

yes i'm assuming the increased legacy level was accumulated while getting from lvl 50-55.... also i'm being generous, honestly if you really wanted to you probably could get to lvl 55 inside of a week, so theoreticly you could have well over 20 lvl 55 characters. i play casually so it'd take me more then a week to get to lvl 55

mostly that post was sarcasm to show how whiny the butt hurt people that have been lvl 55 for the last 5 months sound. they don't realize they've gotten geared up, several characters to 55, several legacy levels (gained while leveling from 50-55) as well as a bunch of other perks over the last 5 months that new purchases of the expansion haven't gotten.

in short, bioware has put a price on all that extra content those early purchases/subscribers got, and its 1050 CC.

honestly the impression i'm getting is that all the butt hurt early purchasers want is a reset of their account to 6 months ago and 1050 CC.

i blame bioware for poor advertising, i wasn't aware of the game till july, as i wasn't aware of it and didn't know it existed i wasn't able to purchase the expansion earlier.

i feel you're also partly responsable, after all word of mouth is a large part of advertisement aswell.... why did you not tell me about SWTOR back in december! >=|...jerk!... i want compensation!

lol...as if anyone could have missed the initial advertising for the game on just about every tv station a few months before , the news coverage of the jedi/sith flash mob in times square....as well as a small picture on just about every webpage about it becoming/being F2P..especially on gaming , nerdly or pop culture website..not to mention all the player/fanboy/hater/non-player discussions that come about on forums ..whether the OP was about SWTOR or not. lol.

Edited by barcrow

Thanks for the response, I actually laughed when I read it.

I am ok with them making the content free, but that does not mean that I am also ok with them showing me less appreciation than they are to recent buyers of the content.

The truth is, I always thought that the content should have been free to subscribers, and I only begrudgingly bought it in the first place. Now I am thinking that it would be better if I had just unsubbed when ROHTC first came out, and waited to resub when the content was made free. I doubt that I will make the same mistake the next time.

well if i bought skyrim (i'm using it as an example) today, for $60, and then tomorrow it dropped down to $30, i can understand being a little "butt hurt" about it, but then i'd realize "oh hey 14 day return policy at local gaming store" then just return it for my $60 back, and then rebuy it for the reduced price, problem solved :) and i got $30 i didn't have, hell who says i have to even rebuy the game, maybe i'll take my $60 and buy something else in a different store all together and then local gaming store will lose my money and my business all together

what bioware has done (still using the above example) is basicly given me $30 in instore gift cards back, so they still keep my business (because gift cards only work in those stores) and they're also not down any money (they still got my $60 ).

Thanks for the response, I actually laughed when I read it.

your welcome :)

Edited by homsikpanda

lol...as if anyone could have missed the initial advertising for the game on just about every tv station a few months before , the news coverage of the jedi/sith flash mob in times square....as well as a small picture on just about every webpage about it becoming/being F2P..especially on gaming , nerdly or pop culture website..not to mention all the player/fanboy/hater/non-player discussions that come about on forums ..whether the OP was about SWTOR or not. lol.

mistake sorry

Edited by barcrow

I don't mind this at all , obviously they are giving those CC away to the people that buy it between now and when it's free or no one would buy it between now and then , use your brains people. We also already got a hutt trainer holostatue and some other thing a pet was it , so yeah not bothered there either. The only thing that bothers me is the fact the game might be getting less popular for them to give the expansion away free so soon , but this will bring people in and at least we will have a few new subbs to try it out that way for at least a month.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Because you purchased it after it first became available for 10 bucks as a subscriber. You've had six months to purchase it if you were a Day 1 subscriber. And if you can't afford a measly 10 bucks in 6 months worth of time, maybe you shouldn't even subscribe if you don't have that kinda money.

NVM Say your statement about subscribing in June, my point still stands (not towards you though).

Our complaint isnt about what we got. it is the extremely poor implementation of re-imbursing people who purchased the game recently in an in game grant of 1050cc.

We did in fact get what we paid for, however, so did the people who purchased the expansion recently. In fact, they got what they paid for, and will get the same access to this as we, who bought it on day one paid for it.

The difference? They are getting re imbursed for something that they paid for, and got what they paid for, and we are all in the 2 day warning boat that this is going to go free to subscribers. It is the fact that everyone got what they paid for, but only a portion of them are getting re imbursed.

That being said, I understand there are laws regarding this. What they SHOULD have done is announced 30-60 days ago that this was going to happen, or 30-60 days FROM the point that they decided it would happen and stopped taking anyones money and re imbursed NO ONE, that would be the fair way to handle this situation, and give the people who bought the expansion, all of them, a lousy title and then no one feels as if they are being burned because everyone who bought it is being treated equally.

further more they could have just offered refunds to the people who purchased the game within the last 60 days, OR keep the title that would be granted, that way the people would feel as though they had an avenue to get their money back, or get a cool title!

this is poor implementation, and whoever thought it through should be put in front of the player base and forced to 'answer any questions' for an entire work day, and not be allowed to skip a single question. no overtime.

I don't mind this at all , obviously they are giving those CC away to the people that buy it between now and when it's free or no one would buy it between now and then , use your brains people. We also already got a hutt trainer holostatue and some other thing a pet was it , so yeah not bothered there either. The only thing that bothers me is the fact the game might be getting less popular for them to give the expansion away free so soon , but this will bring people in and at least we will have a few new subbs to try it out that way for at least a month.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Oh come on lol...for the whole 36 hours you think enough people will be buying it that they need to single them out?! That's silly.