Tanking mitigation numbers?

smmcdowell

I've been leveling as Assassin tank, and have been reading up on tank rotations/stats/gearing lately, and just had a quick question. From what I'm reading, the mitigation stat %'s to shoot for are:

-30% defense

-45% shield (65% with ward)

-60% absorb

Is this generally correct? Second question...what do these numbers work out to in actual rating? I'm trying to plan my gear at 50 a bit (going to be using legacy gear to send higher-end mods to him), just curious what it works out to.

Thanks a ton in advance!

-30% defense

-45% shield (65% with ward)

-60% absorb

Is this generally correct?

Yes that is correct.

Since how the itemization works defense rating will compete for the same itemization slots as absorption rating, but shield rating only competes with accuracy, which you don't want at all.

Basically you want as much shield rating as possible, and increase your defense rating and absorb rating about equally or perhaps slightly more absorb rating than defense rating.

Don't take any enhancements that have accuracy rating on them. Those are useless.

Take enhancements that have either shield rating + absorption rating or shield rating + defense rating and try to have about equal number of both.

Also with mods try to have about half of them with defense rating and half with absorb rating, or perhaps few more that are with absorb.

Then basically all your gear (except belt and bracers which do not have enhancement) will have shield rating in them and out of those half will have defense rating and the other half absorption rating.

Then augment all your gear with either defense rating or absorption rating augments whichever of these stats is lowest.

Do not augment for shield rating since that is going to be highest of the 3 stats (in terms of actual rating stat found on your gear) anyway.

That should pretty much get you there.

Yes that is correct.

Since how the itemization works defense rating will compete for the same itemization slots as absorption rating, but shield rating only competes with accuracy, which you don't want at all.

Basically you want as much shield rating as possible, and increase your defense rating and absorb rating about equally or perhaps slightly more absorb rating than defense rating.

Don't take any enhancements that have accuracy rating on them. Those are useless.

Take enhancements that have either shield rating + absorption rating or shield rating + defense rating and try to have about equal number of both.

Also with mods try to have about half of them with defense rating and half with absorb rating, or perhaps few more that are with absorb.

Then basically all your gear (except belt and bracers which do not have enhancement) will have shield rating in them and out of those half will have defense rating and the other half absorption rating.

Then augment all your gear with either defense rating or absorption rating augments whichever of these stats is lowest.

Do not augment for shield rating since that is going to be highest of the 3 stats (in terms of actual rating stat found on your gear) anyway.

That should pretty much get you there.

If once you've done all that and your numbers don't quite come out right. I (personnaly) will err on the side of absorb.

So I will usually take the 29/45/60 over the 30/45/59. Individual mileage may vary.