My past choices were changed.

Oraciion

Coming back after a six month hiatus. Before I left, I had just finished the Iokath. Today I wrapped up the whole Order of Zildrog story. Doing this, I noticed some things were different than from what I had changed.

First off, I was somehow in a romance with Theron? I clearly remember being locked in with Lana previously, so this whole Theron thing came out of nowhere. Hadn't even flirted with him previously.

Second, Khem. He popped up, and went into how I let Zash take his mind. I didn't. I banished her into the cube thing. Yet apparently that was changed again.

These aren't exactly ground breaking choices, I know, but I really dislike how they were changed out of nowhere. Is it a bug, something I did, or just how the story was written?

It's nothing you did, most likely.

The bug with the wrong person (or people) showing up in Nathema has been mentioned here. For the Sith Warrior class, for instance, some have had Darth Baras show up when they killed him in the game, or have had unknown or the wrong characters in the Zildrog machine. IIRC other classes have reported this issue too.

There have been a lot of bugs with Lana's romance, as well. I know I've seen at least one other post around the board from someone who didn't get the romance content with Lana in Nathema at all even though they had a locked in romance. Others did get the romance content, but their Nathema romance choices were not recorded in Lana's interaction notes. Or the interaction note was there, but vanished later.

You might want to mention the issue with the Lana romance in this thread, which had a dev post. A lot of people have mentioned the bugs they are encountering with this character's romance, but thus far the devs haven't fixed it. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=949530

Well.. you took a break. Time passed. This is an MMO.

As such.. you can return and run into bugs that simply were not there when you left... AND.. you can run into changes made by the studio while you were gone and without your consent.

This is the nature of MMOs.. they change over time, for both valid and invalid reasons from any given players perspective ... but they do change.

If you find a bug on your return.. you bug report it and wait patiently for said bug to make it far enough up the bug list to get fixed. If they changed something while you were gone... suck it up.. because whatever it is.. it was not done deliberately to you.. the game serves a larger studio driven narrative and serves many thousands of players.

I also had an odd one myself.

Prior to her return I had not romance Mako. She was like 13 or some garbage, saw her as a little sister type.

On her return she was clearly seeing things very differently :) I let her down easy and shes now part of the team but .. yeah, that was unexpected.

I also had an odd one myself.

Prior to her return I had not romance Mako. She was like 13 or some garbage, saw her as a little sister type.

On her return she was clearly seeing things very differently :) I let her down easy and shes now part of the team but .. yeah, that was unexpected.

Mako is 19 years of age when you start the BH story... this whole narrative that Mako is a kid boggles my mind

Mako is 19 years of age when you start the BH story... this whole narrative that Mako is a kid boggles my mind

It’s becaus she’s so naive. She wants to be a bounty hunter and doesn’t seem to realize you have to kill people sometimes. And as much as I love Lacey Chabert, she does have the voice of a little girl

Well the main story for the characters was never recorded, but since Nathema involves characters from the past the best way to add them back was to make a choice of whether you wanted to help the Republic or Empire. So the way it works is that if you side with republic it assumes that you went purely lightside, and if you were to side with the empire it would assume you were darkside and etc. (dunno if even explaining it is important or not, but meh.)

;)

I am sorry but that's not correct. Your choices in the class story and planetary quests *are* flagged (for instance in SoR if you have done certain planetary quests or made certain choices in the class stories, it will come up in the dialogue; you will be called by the correct name if you are a Sith Inquisitor (Nox/Inperius/Oculus; and if you are a Bounty Hunter it will remember your choice with Mandalore and address you accordingly).

My characters are all over the map in terms of their choices but the one that showed up with Darth Baras was the one I've let go to Dark V and sided Empire. She most definitely had not made LS choices but that's who came up for her. meanwhile I had two other Sith Warriors - one Light V and one Dark I, both sided Empire - who had the correct choices shown (they also killed Baras, so Ravage showed up for them)

She's older than Torian :eek:

Damn, i always thought she was younger or at least that they were the same age, that blew my mind.

As was pointed out by someone else, they may be what it says on her ID (not that she could fake one at will), but her demeanor, mentality, and everything else about her screams minor.

You can tell yourself shes "19" if you want, im not buying it. :)

So, out of curiosity, is there a way to get Lana back as the romantic interest, or did the bug just wipe out that possibility until they add something in the future?

As of right now everyone who has contacted customer service has been told "it's a bug, sorry, we can't fix it from here." I lost my wedding interaction note with Lana and really wanted it back so that made me sad.

Looks like the Theron romance is also messed up for some people.

IMHO the only way to get it fixed is to:

- Make sure you filed an in-game bug report AND CS ticket about it. Even if they can't fix it there's documentation you reported the problem.

- Report it in the appropriate thread on the Bug Report forum (there are threads for both Lana and Theron issues now)

- Keep reminding the devs about it. I do plan to politely ask about it if I don't see it in the patch notes for future patches.

As was pointed out by someone else, they may be what it says on her ID (not that she could fake one at will), but her demeanor, mentality, and everything else about her screams minor.

You can tell yourself shes "19" if you want, im not buying it. :)

nothing to buy lol. just because she doesn't act her age (which most people don't) doesn't change the fact that they are the age they are.

Mako born in 3662 BBY - BH story start the year 3643 BBY. you do the math lol

Edited by CrazyScruffy

nothing to buy lol. just because she doesn't act her age (which most people don't) doesn't change the fact that they are the age they are.

IIRC there actually was some disparity with Mako's age in the SWTOR book that was published vs. another source, with one of them saying her starting age was 17 and the other saying it was 19. The design does go out of its way to make her look young, and the dialogue repeatedly refers to her as a kid, which reinforces it.

Regardless, 19 or 17, The two romance options in the bounty hunter story are so young that my characters will always avoid them like the plague. My adult characters aren't going to be messing around with what are essentially high school students.

IIRC there actually was some disparity with Mako's age in the SWTOR book that was published vs. another source, with one of them saying her starting age was 17 and the other saying it was 19. The design does go out of its way to make her look young, and the dialogue repeatedly refers to her as a kid, which reinforces it.

Regardless, 19 or 17, The two romance options in the bounty hunter story are so young that my characters will always avoid them like the plague. My adult characters aren't going to be messing around with what are essentially high school students.

Yeah, that's annoying... I played a male BH first, that i had in his late 20 early 30 at the begining, and that romance just did not work, he was clearly too old for her, or rather she was way too young for his taste.

Made a female one, made her 20 at the start of the game, but she's still 3 years older than Torian, and she sounds like she's 40... :(

Again, you think she couldnt fake that information? You are welcome to choose to believe it, im not :)

Again, you think she couldnt fake that information? You are welcome to choose to believe it, im not :)

that is true, she could. but that is why I don't get the info from her. sorry not all women are body size 3 in this game (which we know is most people's issue with mako)

Like Mass Effect 3!

In fairness, and in reality, ..... nothing in this game is yours. It is all owned and retained by the studio.... you only have a license to interact with it. Same is true for every game to be honest.. online or not.

So in the above context..... choices made in game are simply part of the overall story narratives coded within the game. It's not like you can jump off the coded rails or anything, or that you actually have any ownership in the coded rails either.

The studio is free to change things at their discretion.. and you cannot do anything about it. Which is precisely why I never get too caught up in choices or selections available to me within any game, and particularly MMOs.. which are the peak of "change over time".

Edited by Andryah

So in the above context..... choices made in game are simply part of the overall story narratives coded within the game. It's not like you can jump off the coded rails or anything, or that you actually have any ownership in the coded rails either.

It was touted over and over again...to the point of rhetoric...that choices matter. And, as it's been proven, they don't. The choices you've made while leveling your character....that character's story....will be changed to fit the whims of the studio. The problem is that by changing the past, it's no longer "your" character's story but someone else instead.

In a game like this that is heavy on story, choices should and do matter. The game heavily encourages people to craft the worlds and storylines they want for their characters within the framework given. For a lot of players, no, the game isn't just about killing stuff.

The choices people make do matter and influence how they experience and enjoy the game.

Yes, the game is owned by someone else and they can pull the plug at any moment, but let's be real, we know that all of these incorrect or deleted flags are due to bugs that shouldn't be there. They would not have bothered programming and voicing 16 different possible people in that section of the flashpoint if they didn't want the right ones to show up in the right class stories and with the right flags. They wouldn't bother writing in marriage proposals for two love interests if they didn't want people to take that choice. The bugs are just making these things work incorrectly.

This isn't the studio deciding to change things. It's programming errors.

People have the right to complain if those bugs are interfering with their enjoyment of the game.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

It was touted over and over again...to the point of rhetoric...that choices matter. And, as it's been proven, they don't. The choices you've made while leveling your character....that character's story....will be changed to fit the whims of the studio. The problem is that by changing the past, it's no longer "your" character's story but someone else instead.

Setting aside the issue of actual "bugs" (which should be fixed)....the problem with the term "choices" is the same as every other term thrown around in the forum... it means different things to different players. Choices in many cases do matter... superficially in many cases .... just not to the degree that some players feel/want/need.

Edited by Andryah

If Mako is 19 when I meet her, I'm 2 years younger. I don't want my female toons older than their men (just for these particular characters, others are different ages), so my female BH is about the same age as Torian and I think he's a little younger than Mako, maybe? Been a bit and I can't remember details. I just know everyone is about 11 yrs older in Nathema so Quinn would be 37 + about 5 years from Chapter 1, to right before I'm frozen, plus 6 years. So he's like 48 or 49 come Nathema. (Using him as an example cause he's a chapter 1 companion and I remember his age from first time meeting him to now).