6.0 Gearing System?

GeneralSeni

Gearing System 6.0????

So I've been told the new gearing system will level the playing field for all of SWTOR with being able to play your way whilst being able to obtain (End Game Gear!) and that all WarZone matches will be equally balanced for endgame stats.

How long of grinding Warzones will be needed vs PVE? Will it be equal or totally in PVE favor?

I ask these questions as many may have read my last post that I enjoy the story missions but hate doing PVE constantly to gain gear I prefer PVP so will the 6.0 update really make the playing field equal?

What are your thoughts on this and should we the community give (SWTOR) another chance to redeem themselves?

Edited by GeneralSeni

They won't put it on PTS, because then people will realize it's just GC rebranded.

Or they'll put it out with great drop rates, then quickly nerf it to the ground to where GC is seen as a beloved angel.

They did the same thing back when GC was on PTS so I see no reason they don't follow the same rules with 6.0.

They won't put it on PTS, because then people will realize it's just GC rebranded.

Or they'll put it out with great drop rates, then quickly nerf it to the ground to where GC is seen as a beloved angel.

They did the same thing back when GC was on PTS so I see no reason they don't follow the same rules with 6.0.

Time will tell, but the whole motto for this expansion was for there be to an abundance of gear and to get it fast and easy. I can't see them making the same mistake twice, especially since CXP almost killed the game.

Edited by Raansu

They haven't put the gearing mechanics for drops/currency on the PTS yet so no one knows what the grind will be. All we know is what the gear is and how it will work with bolster in pvp always being max item level.

I really, really hope they take into consideration that this is a game after all, and make it entertaining and fun to gear up -- and quick! So far it has felt like the Korean MMOs with their incredible grinds, and that is the reason I don't play them any more. I'm an adult and I don't have time to grind for a week to get one piece of equipment.

I want to PvP and I want to be able to do it competitively on whatever character I feel like playing that day.

I expect we'll see Spoils of War in the next PTS phase (scheduled to come) next week. And no, it won't be a rebranded Galactic Command because GC is already being rebranded to Galactic Renown and will be a supplemental means to acquire gear (on the last PTS build GR levels were 80k per, so yeah, definitely not primary for gear acquisition). Remember, GC was brought to us by the High Priest of RNGesus, Ben Irving; who has since pulled an Elvis*. Keith seems to favor direct acquisition through drops and currency purchase as evidenced by Ossus and what has been said of SoW. Gear will be direct drops from everywhere (queue Gary Oldman), which can be disintegrated to get the new currency (Chuck Bucks, Charles' Coins, Boyd's Beautiful Beard Bonds**, name as yet undecided) that will be used to purchase gear directly (almost no RNG involved***).

* As in "left the building," not the whole bathroom and vomit thing. May Ben have success in their future endeavors as long as it doesn't involved RNG loot crates.

** Yes, I realize that when you say that quickly it comes out as Boyd's Beautiful Bear Bonds. Just try to enunciate.

*** Almost because there will be a vendor that randomly appears with a random selection of stock so not all gear will be available for purchase at all times, but all gear will be purchasable at one time or another.

Edited by ceryxp

I really, really hope they take into consideration that this is a game after all, and make it entertaining and fun to gear up -- and quick! So far it has felt like the Korean MMOs with their incredible grinds, and that is the reason I don't play them any more. I'm an adult and I don't have time to grind for a week to get one piece of equipment.

I want to PvP and I want to be able to do it competitively on whatever character I feel like playing that day.

Well the whole premise of the new expansion is spoils of war. They are saying gear will drop in abundance. Though getting BiS may still be grindy. Its a wait and see atm.