So then BioWare.....

Transcendent

... you intend to introduce a new faction with the expansion.

Will we be able to create a new character aligned to this new faction? Will we see the introduction of 4 new classes to level up and play, with a whole new set of "mirror" abilities, companions etc?

I'm curious.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if that were the case they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, not leaving it ambigious.

I not so sure, we've had very little information up until this point about what they do / do not intend to do, or where they are going with this.

Its stated in a couple places that we will have the same 8 core classes. Of course that doesn't mean they won't announce a new class later. I imagine we'll see the typical updates to the advanced classes.

Nothing about playing a third faction, positive or negative, just never mentioned. I would seriously doubt it though.

Also, it states that you are the outlander. "Whether Jedi, Sith, soldier, or mercenary, you are a veteran of the Great Galactic War. But your greatest challenge is yet to come." So I doubt there would be a new character to play. It will just be a carry on with your existing characters. It would be cool to have new races but what other classes could you play as? Astro driod ?

• Dev Post
... you intend to introduce a new faction with the expansion.

Will we be able to create a new character aligned to this new faction? Will we see the introduction of 4 new classes to level up and play, with a whole new set of "mirror" abilities, companions etc?

I'm curious.

The new Faction is not playable, but a new Faction within the story.

-eric

Not sure we're going to get much clarification until closer to release.

My thoughts tho, are that the Empire and Republic are no longer at war. I base this on "your character becomes The Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War" from the announcement. Seems to me, the only way to really be a veteran is if the war is over.

If that is the case, then Imps and Pubs shouldn't really be fighting too much, similar to SoR story. Possible faction merger/truce maybe which WOULD allow for same faction queuing?

Who knows? I could be WAAAAAAAAAY off base....

Who knows? I could be WAAAAAAAAAY off base....

Could be, but based on known information your conclusion is the most reasonable one by a long shot.

No more imps and pubs as disparate factions. We'll all just be survivors against the new baddies.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I don't see how they could have been any more clear about their intentions to new factions or playable character classes. There is more information out there that what other players post in reddit and the forums.

8. Is the Outlander a new class in Star Wars: The Old Republic?

No, Knights of the Fallen Empire keeps the 8 core classes, but your character’s story becomes that of the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War.

from the FAQ:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7418

new faction = third alliance, it should have a new class at least... Or they may intronduce a new class later on. Its 16 chapters? It should be playable to be honnest. But since the movies dont have anything rather imps and reps... They should have guilds.... factions to be something less than an alliance, but secret societies or sleeping powers... We could join by our free will, no matter what if we are imps or reps. Something like revanites, but more active. Edited by Oyranos

new faction = third alliance, it should have a new class at least... Or they may intronduce a new class later on. Its 16 chapters?

Keep dreaming, if it gives you comfort.

-eric

Edited by branmakmuffin

Can you clarify if the player factions will be merged? Will pubs and imps be able to play together in warzones, ops, chat, guilds ect..?

There is no way that pubs and imps will be playing together in warzones or ops - Bioware has stated that the hamsters can't handle cross server - I highly doubt that they could much more than they already are at the moment.

The new story line is and will be just that an added story while you level up to the new cap of 65. New abilities won't be that great neither - but hopefully with this new level cap they will use this time to seriously re-balance the classes as they were so post to do with 3.0 which turned into a total flop.

Edited by Lyons_Crest

-eric

The quote by Lana Beniko on the Fallen Empire page goes: "The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic have fallen. The Jedi and Sith have retreated to their temples. No one remains to stand between the Eternal Empire and the utter destruction of all we hold dear."

Does that mean factions will cease to exist and everything will somehow get merged after 60?

If so, how is it gonna work? Will this mean shared PvP/PvE queues? Or will the factions and their content still be seperated as they are currently?

Edited by DynamiCtagez

Nice to see the devs not staying quiet. :)

It's not too much of a surprise we won't be getting a third playable faction, that would just be too big of a game changer.

But I'd also like some clarification on the Republic and Empire since there is one wallpaper called DualFaction. Will there be cross-faction chat, guilds and grouping etc. or will it remain as it is currently?

Edited by Jerba

The movie? What movie? And how do you get "MMO character classes" from a movie (whatever movie you may referring to)?

shrek movies, or even better, lord of the rings.

As for the combined factions, I dont like that idea... a good rep is a dead one. Maybe they want to create a kind of star wars episode 1, palpatine was a republic in the surface and empire under the skin.

Edited by Oyranos