character naming

BBirdsall

I don't believe sentences are valid names in many games, but mostly I think it's because 'taco' has multiple meanings and most people assume if you're going to use a sentence as a name, you're doing it because you want to make an immature joke.

That being said you should probably post this in the Customer Service forum so you can get a CSR Droid to give you a response.

actually it's very similar to speeding. As long as the cop don't catch you (or you die horribly in an accident, or cause someone else's death) you can drive faster than the speed limit. It does not mean it's allowed. It just means that the police does not have enough resources to enforce the law for everyone. Many people drive above the speed limit, and once in a while a guy get caught and fined.

That's a great name, hope you can get it. I dunno what the character limit is; might be that or one of the below that I copied from the rules of conduct for names due to taco double entendre. I'm thinking character limit though, there's a ton of players with taco in their names already.

"You may not use any names that violate the General Rules. This includes the use of names that are hateful, defamatory, racist, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, or any other language that is offensive in nature."

"You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence or Leet speak, e.g. uberhaxer, xxspeederxx, lolface, rofl, Noobwhacker, TimmyF**k, kock, fuk."

^ ^ ^

:rolleyes: Bahahahahaha!

Edited by Joesixxpack

• 1 year later...
I know how you guys feel. I wanted to use my RL first name for my Sith Inquisitor character but it kept telling me that the name was Invalid. Really ticked me off. Now it just kinda looks stupid saying "Codie'x". and just calling it "Codie" doesn't violate any general rule terms at all. so I think I'm getting ripped off. If any Bioware Customer support workers see this I'd like you to know I'd like you to talk to me about this personally.