Who thinks Smash and Bubbles needs Nerfed?

Necronomicanomic

Lol how is this wrong, its customer service area. Let the BW people see peoples thoughts about this. It's funny that a player can post "Hey I can't Get into my account" they get a response in less than 2 min, aka like me the other day. But anything else you wont get nothing.

*head meets table* (it starts to hurt)

you will most likely not get any answer from bw here, there are other threads in the pvp section, which are way bigger and bw doesn't answer them as well

no more nerfing PLEASE! Im sick of my class being nerfed to the ground....

how about adding something for a change?? honestly people will never be satisfied with the "class balance" in this game because nobody can even agree on what it is in the first place!

no more nerfing PLEASE! Im sick of my class being nerfed to the ground....

how about adding something for a change?? honestly people will never be satisfied with the "class balance" in this game because nobody can even agree on what it is in the first place!

Take the overall dmg done and healing done down in pvp. if people continue to go down in 3 hits, there isn't a lot of room for balance

Take the overall dmg done and healing done down in pvp. if people continue to go down in 3 hits, there isn't a lot of room for balance

Or buff every ones health! If a sorc/sage had 22k health base at 50 and tanks had upwards of 35-40k then these 7k hits wouldn't hurt as bad. People would get to do more damage over time and killing healers would increase as priorities. Stun locks would not mean instadeath and give the player a chance to counter.

PvE wise bosses could be harder mops could be harder. You could maintain the current damage/healing and not OP either. Maintain skills and CCs and not OP either.

Buff the base health of all classes and buff the health gained by gear towards roles. Thus for a warrior the war leader set would give bonuses to defense shield absorption and health, while the vindicator set gives bonuses to strength power critic and surge to minimize the idea that a DPS warrior could gain the health of a tank and still drop the 7k hits.

Don't nerf smash just because you're mad that a dps can take you down in a few hits. That's his job. That would be like nerfing the health on tanks because they take too long to kill.

You are correct; it’s their job to DPS. However, by manipulating the system by loading up on power and surge completely bypassing any use of crit to achieve these numbers is where the problems lays since they get an automatic critical chance. What they should nerf is the autocrit. That should be changed to 60% chance after receiving 4 stacks of shockwave. That would change the whole scheme of things. Then let’s see how many QQ about not having automatic crits and have to repurpose their gear to have critical in the mix again.

You are correct; it’s their job to DPS. However, by manipulating the system by loading up on power and surge completely bypassing any use of crit to achieve these numbers is where the problems lays since they get an automatic critical chance. What they should nerf is the autocrit. That should be changed to 60% chance after receiving 4 stacks of shockwave. That would change the whole scheme of things. Then let’s see how many QQ about not having automatic crits and have to repurpose their gear to have critical in the mix again.

Meh, I run all 3 specs on my sentinel with all power and I still top dps and hit just as hard so even if they did remove the auto crit I probably wouldn't bother redoing all the mods in my gear until the next tier of gear came out.

@OP The only reason everyone goes smash is because stun bubbles completely nullify melee, so with smash they can at least hit several people for a good burst before they get stunned for several seconds. Personally, I prefer to play combat spec until I see a stun bubble. The minute I see a stun bubble I respec to focus because really I'm not going to do any damage as combat when the entire team has a stun bubble on them.

@OP The only reason everyone goes smash is because stun bubbles completely nullify melee,

Ya the problems with smash are all stun bubbles fault, that's the ticket. Oh wait, or is it the problems with stun bubbles are all smash's fault because if it wasn't for all the smash monkeys there wouldn't need to be stun bubbles? So, you see, the problem with stun bubbles is smash, and the problems with smash are stun bubbles and , err, it's all so confusing.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Lol, it would seem that the QQ over smash will never end. I could careless, in fact i enjoy it more when weak pvper's whine and cry over my noob smashmonkey op'ness. Anyhow what about the other classes that also hit's like a train, for example the assassin. Pop out of stealth stun, hits u for 5-6k back into stealth, back out stealth, stun yet again then finish's u off. If they know what there doing other then sorc's/sages, ppl that know's how to play can beat a marauder/jugg rage specc. So my advice is CHIN UP, TISSUES DOWN, and learned to play, flip the frown up-side-down! :D

Smash and Bubble are fine as is. Only thing in this game that should be nerfed is the amount of people crying for nerfs. I mean aren't you the same people who cried nerf Mandos & Mercs. They hit you with grav round /tracer missle and there is nothing I can do. I mean I have this shiny toy called Interrupt but I dont remember where I put it. And I also believe you cried oh my GOD Sage/Sorcs are so unstoppable. I mean they shoot lightning and or throw rocks followed by a couple AOE's (which we all just clumped up in a group for them). Sure Psychic Projection proc was broken (would let you double dip on Proc) But that was all bioware needed to fix. Wont even go into detail about the tears that Scoundrels/Operatives caused. Every Time you cry nerf all it does is ruin a class and make another the new FOTM. It fixes nothing. Why can't the reason you lost to someone in a fight be because he was better then you.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

Or buff every ones health! If a sorc/sage had 22k health base at 50 and tanks had upwards of 35-40k then these 7k hits wouldn't hurt as bad. People would get to do more damage over time and killing healers would increase as priorities. Stun locks would not mean instadeath and give the player a chance to counter.

PvE wise bosses could be harder mops could be harder. You could maintain the current damage/healing and not OP either. Maintain skills and CCs and not OP either.

Buff the base health of all classes and buff the health gained by gear towards roles. Thus for a warrior the war leader set would give bonuses to defense shield absorption and health, while the vindicator set gives bonuses to strength power critic and surge to minimize the idea that a DPS warrior could gain the health of a tank and still drop the 7k hits.

My initial reaction to this is "ZOMG YES!!!!!!" It would actually bring skill back to pvp, players would have to use more than 2 or 3 skills all the time, and in general make things way more interesting. The only problem is I don't think it'd be that simple. If people have more health they're die slower, making it way easier to guard any objective long enough to get back up. Hell, its hard enough taking a side node in civil war already, just imagine if everyone had 1.5x the health? I like this idea, but they'd have to make all the maps bigger (not at all opposed to this) and the speeders take longer to compensate (which I don't think is so bad, though more speeder time = less on the ground time which isn't fun for anyone).

The second problem I see is healers solo guarding objectives. At least now a few stuns and a dps has a chance to solo them and flip the node. With 1.5x the health you'd need at least 2 to take anything which = less attacking/occupying their team at other points = easier reinforcement. Healers would at least need to still feel threatened that a dps can solo them and flip a node (maybe they aren't even scared currently?) or they can just kite a single dps for eternity without a care.

Oh, and as the OP's point, just wait til the level cap gets raised. Unless they fiddle with skill tress or stop giving us talent points (obligatory disclaimer that I have no idea how bioware is handling this), you're gonna cry way harder once smashers have enough points to get the 4 second stun immunity too. You will literally $*&% yourself.

Edited by Roarack

As a Sorcerer who recently got his field respec and has been able to play around with Backlash, I think it sorely needs its resolve gain fixed (currently gives 300 when it should give 600). The problem isn't that I can AoE stun people near myself or the teammate of my choice; for better or worse that's already the kind of thing you're supposed to learn to play around in this game. The problem is that I can do it to the same enemies four times a row instead of two, and basically run around the warzone with abandon because I'm not whitebarring anyone. Which, while incredibly fun, makes me feel kind of dirty.

If Backlash had the right resolve gain, it would still be quite potent, but I'd have to use it carefully or risk whitebarring half the enemy team at the same time. And considering it's tied to a key defensive ability that I ideally want to have active at all times, "using it carefully" would probably be a lot harder than it sounds.

EDIT:

As for Smash/Force Sweep, I think it's fine as is. Sure, I'm dead nine times out of ten if it connects, but if I don't see it coming then that's really my fault.

Edited by The_Dark_Lord

Based on the Data Mining they are getting nerfed it is only a matter of time between now and the expansion they will be nerfed one less singularity for focus/rage which is a 25% damage drop and stun bubbles will only stun on the casters bubbles and not on bubbles cast on others.

Based on the Data Mining they are getting nerfed it is only a matter of time between now and the expansion they will be nerfed one less singularity for focus/rage which is a 25% damage drop and stun bubbles will only stun on the casters bubbles and not on bubbles cast on others.

As it looks, they will make corruption a viable spec again and so the amount of bubblestuners will go down even more

Edited by Never_Hesitate

• 1 month later...
So all of you know, they nerfed the damage instead of getting a 100% bonus through shockwave, it is now a 60% bonus. Goodjob guys you have your nerf.

it's 3 stacks but 33.3% damage each, so basicly 0.01% less damage then before.

Oh, the nerf bat :rolleyes:

and reduced time of enrage :rolleyes:

Tbh I never had trouble with bubblestuns, but I really don't have that many melee dps either. I guess my ranged dps and healers are usually out of the way when the bubble does it's magic.

Smashs I have noticed, in the other hand, since when I'm a healer, I do notice when 1 aoe takes 1/3 of half of the team's hp. I don't mind it happening occasionally, but since there are players who seem to do almost nothing but this, that is sometimes getting annoying.