Channeled casts must be interruptable or PvP is easymode

Airoper

in PvP if you use channeled abilitys while a melee is on you you are a noob, it takes no skill now as noobs cried " i was in a WZ & i tried to use ravage against a jugg then he interrupted me thats so unfair!" so now everyone get free channeled casts in PvP, *** BW easy mode is boring l2p & push more than 2 buttons!

before 1.2 i was interrupting all the time now i may as well take it off my UI bar as healers will soon say " i was in a WZ & a jugg was on me i tried to do a big heal but they interrupted me thats so unfair!" why put interrupts in the game if we cant use them & its all due to players needing to L2P their classes??

Put it this way if a lighting sorcs or pebble spammers cried "people in WZ interrupt my lighting its unfair" would you want them to get un-interruptable channeled lighting? i think not so why do it for other classes to make them easy mode?

Edited by Airoper

in PvP if you use channeled abilitys while a melee is on you you are a noob, it takes no skill now as noobs cried " i was in a WZ & i tried to use ravage against a jugg then he interrupted me thats so unfair!" so now everyone get free channeled casts in PvP, *** BW easy mode is boring l2p & push more than 2 buttons!

before 1.2 i was interrupting all the time now i may as well take it off my UI bar as healers will soon say " i was in a WZ & a jugg was on me i tried to do a big heal but they interrupted me thats so unfair!" why put interrupts in the game if we cant use them & its all due to players needing to L2P their classes??

Put it this way if a lighting sorcs or pebble spammers cried "people in WZ interrupt my lighting its unfair" would you want them to get uninterpretable channeled lighting? i think not so why do it for other classes to make them easy mode?

Huh? The only channeled ability that isn't interruptable off the top of my head is a Shadow/Assassin lightning/equivelent that they have to build stacks for, Master Strike/Ravage and a Trooper/BH while under the effect of the ninterruptable bubble spec.

What are you talking about? what classes have uninterruptable casts?

Put it this way if a lighting sorcs or pebble spammers cried "people in WZ interrupt my lighting its unfair" would you want them to get uninterpretable channeled lighting? i think not so why do it for other classes to make them easy mode?

Honestly, its different than what you try to make it. Marauders/sents are melee classes, most abilites have 4 meter range. They have one high damage channel spell. I havent played a single MMO where you can interrupt melee channels or melee casts. Range is a whole nother story.

Ravage was worthless in pvp pre 1.2. It was a pure PvE skill, just like flamethrower.

And a hint, you can move out of the ravage or pop your melee parry cd, its quite good.

ravage is un interruptable you need to use cc or know backs to stop it but resolve stops that & most ccs & knock backs are on long cds so meh easymode channeled dps spam

Walk away from it?

u are a noob if you use channeled abilitys vs a skilled player in PvP you should not be rewarded for l2p issues, before 1.2 a skilled mara or sent would build up resolve & wait for interrupts to be on cd before casting ravage now the just spec stun lock ravage & spam it in any situation

lol you cant walk away from the dmg once cast you need to get to 10m or you will still take the dmg

10m? 30ft? You are implying that melee has a 30ft range on melee abilities? I am learning all sorts of things today.

I mean hell I thought 15m range on my FL was crap, now I know its awesome.

Walk away from it?

You can't walk away if it's a Carnage spec that roots you, an Anni spec which talented slow on the rupture, a Rage spec that uses Force Crush, if it's after a force charge/obliterate which both root, or if the Mara used crippling slash.

Of course I know you're the world's worst Mara and you are unable to do any of these things, so yes people walk away when you try it because you think you can just run up to people and do it randomly.

it use to be lol look at the noob trying to ravage me = interrupt

now its lol i need to blow 3min tank cd or 1min knock back cd oh wait hes full resolve, i better run oh wait im cced from his ravage tree spec oh well guess i have to take the dmg

Edited by Airoper

yes 10m due to ping etc you are still in range whiles its casting till you break the 5m mark, ive tryed waliking a way its a 3 sec cast you cant get out of range in 3secs without a speed boost

4m/10m range channel was made uninterruptable because those abilities will be useless in most scenarios otherwise since most non-cc based interrupt abilities are melee abilities.

Ranged channel abilities are different. By the nature of range ranged classes already has an advantage with ranged channel abilities because they have the advantage of distance - it takes a while for the target to get to the caster, and they still need to cast interrupt once they get there. The interruptability of ranged classes channel abilities is so to prevent ranged classes from easily spamming ranged channel abilities at melee distances.

Melee channel abilities can be easily avoided because most ranged classes have knockbacks and other forms of CCs, which will break the channeling anyways.

If you wasted your knockbacks and CCs on first contact instead of saving it for really needing it, it is your fault for not prioritising your abilities properly.

Walk away from it?

Nope. You'd need to interrupt it or force speed away. It will still hit you if you try to walk away unless you were already fairly far away when they started it. And they have roots/snares to hold you in place. This is the problem with TOR melee vs squishy classes. Everyone has everything. If a melee is going to hit like a truck then they can't also have anti-kiting abilities that are superior to a ranged classes kiting abilities. What is the value of force slow if the melee can root or slow me too? Nothing. Technically speaking the squishy has no CC to use againt them. They just trade blows. So when their respective CC cancels each other out who has the advantage? The hardy hard hitting melee or the squishy decent hitting ranged?

Exactly.

Edited by Dayshadow

4m/10m range channel was made uninterruptable because those abilities will be useless in most scenarios otherwise since most non-cc based interrupt abilities are melee abilities.

Ranged channel abilities are different. By the nature of range ranged classes already has an advantage with ranged channel abilities because they have the advantage of distance - it takes a while for the target to get to the caster, and they still need to cast interrupt once they get there. The interruptability of ranged classes channel abilities is so to prevent ranged classes from easily spamming ranged channel abilities at melee distances.

Melee channel abilities can be easily avoided because most ranged classes have knockbacks and other forms of CCs, which will break the channeling anyways.

If you wasted your knockbacks and CCs on first contact instead of saving it for really needing it, it is your fault for not prioritising your abilities properly.

Sorcs have ranged interrupt and operatives have a close/mid range interrupt. Who doesn't have an interrupt?

Sorcs have ranged interrupt and operatives have a close/mid range interrupt. Who doesn't have an interrupt?

That only confirms my points even more since interrupts are too easy. If everything can be interrupted, what's the point of melee channels?

Melee classes DON'T have ranged interrupt and yet ranged classes have interrupts at a variety of ranges.

the point is l2p & pick when to use them = skill

at the moment it pick up keyboard & roll over face

skill eg:

someone has aggro on a player the enermy his back is turned "sweet cast ravage or a high dps channel/heal" = free cast"

theres a time & place for every ability which requires skill to see when & know how to use it!

Edited by Airoper

aRtFuL

you have no clus what goes on in a WZ l2p please

And yet you complained about the inability to get away from a melee channeled ability, for all your supposively mighty knowledges.

Your epic oneliners are surely great insight of the ages.

I rest my case. Lol.

i tried to read the OPs post, but i just couldn't understand a single thing discussed. i also think i lost a few intelligence points in doing do. i guess i'll have to grind up some more XP to compensate for this loss. Edited by Darth_Gao_Gao

aRtFuL

you need to l2p & l2r

the title of the thread says it all

my guess is you are a unskilled sent that didnt know how to play the class so you need the new changes to help you kill something

Edited by Airoper

How does the OP feel about Darkness Sintanks and their Harness darkness talent?

"Shock and Wither have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Harnessed Darkness, which makes the next Force Lightning used uninterruptible and immune to pushback. In addition, each stack increases the damage dealt by your next Force Lightning by 25%. Stacks up to 3 times. At 3 stacks, each tick of Force Lightning heals you for 3% of your maximum health."