New Stronghold (5.3)

btmart

Keith, Eric,

I think it would be great if you could share two or three screenshots or a short video teaser about the new SH. Many people have been looking forward to this "ocean view", espescially because the soundtrack has the potential to be nostalgic and beautiful. :)

I have a few very "factual" questions regarding numbers though. Can you answer any of these questions ahead of time? Or are you planning to make a post in the next two weeks explaining/teasing these things?

Will the new SH also have nine expansions in total?

How much will the basic unlock price be?

How many credits or cartel coins does it cost to unlock the entire SH?

Will you raise the SH limit to allow us to buy the new SH without deactivating an old one?

Will the SH have a starship hook?

That last one is a bit for my own personal taste, obviously. And the second to last one I'm most curious about. Or are there any engine/server/instance limitations keeping you from raising the limit right now? :o

Edited by Alssaran

I thought it would be underwater. I was disappointed to see that it is just a remake of where you first land on the planet.

One of the rooms is titled "Underwater Observatory" and unlocks for 2 million credits. It sounds like a portion of it will be below the surface.

Just a reminder, guys, talking about datamined information is against the rules. ;)

What isn't datamined: that there *is* a new stronghold. That was said outright by the developers.

What is datamined: discussing the specific rooms that can be unlocked/what they look like, before they're officially revealed.

Personally I'm rather...meh...about the whole thing. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see it - I bet it'll look cool, if nothing else - but for now I'm content with my Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds (and soon Tatooine, if I can ever afford it).

Will you raise the SH limit to allow us to buy the new SH without deactivating an old one?

I'll just say that if they don't add another active slot to let us have that in addition to what we have now, they've done the biggest and most obvious screw-up possible to man in this situation and then all the little hope they've built up will come crashing down like a toddler trying to run before he can walk.

My guild has been preparing since it was announced (mostly me, but still...). We've got our hot tubs! Our Twi'leks! Our jukeboxes! Now we just need the nightlife decos donate-able and we're set.

Even if they can't do 8 different class stories again, it would be nice to have additional different cut scenes/references in the story, the way there is when you recruit your old companions in the story or have interactions with a romanced character. It would be nice to have those for both the classes and the romances. When my SW went through DK, for instance, there was a moment of in-game talk with Acina in the

tomb where she says something along the lines that it reminds her of going through the tombs on Korriban for her Sith trials, and my SW had a little chuckle with her about it.

It was a very small moment, but it was a reference for the SW that worked. Even more small moments like that would be nice.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Even if they can't do 8 different class stories again, it would be nice to have additional different cut scenes/references in the story, the way there is when you recruit your old companions in the story or have interactions with a romanced character. It would be nice to have those for both the classes and the romances. When my SW went through DK, for instance, there was a moment of in-game talk with Acina in the

tomb where she says something along the lines that it reminds her of going through the tombs on Korriban for her Sith trials, and my SW responded with something like, "totally, right?"

. It was a very small moment, but it was a reference for the SW that worked. Even more small moments like that would be nice.

I think you're in the wrong thread!:p

One of the rooms is titled "Underwater Observatory" and unlocks for 2 million credits. It sounds like a portion of it will be below the surface.

I would delete this post.

But, to answer your question datamined, I don't think comes "directly" from BW. What if, on the off chance you are wrong. You will have gotten people excited for nothing.

I have many of the same concerns...

* How many unlocks and how much will they cost?

* Will the stronghold limit be raised so that we don't have to give one up?

* Will the Felucia Stato and similar decoration limits finally be raised to the number of SHs (or higher)?

* Will there be sufficient starship and centerpiece hooks that also convert into hook arrangements, so that we can start to make use of the huge number of Centerpiece-only decorations that have been released?

* Will the stronghold UI be tightened up to fit more strongholds on the first page?

* Will stronghold conquest bonuses finally be converted to measure unlocking instead of decorating?

* Will the stronghold limit be raised so that we don't have to give one up?

* Will the Felucia Stato and similar decoration limits finally be raised to the number of SHs (or higher)?

* Will there be sufficient starship and centerpiece hooks that also convert into hook arrangements, so that we can start to make use of the huge number of Centerpiece-only decorations that have been released?

* Will the stronghold UI be tightened up to fit more strongholds on the first page?

* Will stronghold conquest bonuses finally be converted to measure unlocking instead of decorating?

This and considering today is Thursday and most places in the US are taking a long holiday this coming weekend (since Tuesday is July 4) that gives very little time for this information.

*sigh* Guess I'll have to play the heavy again.

This and considering today is Thursday and most places in the US are taking a long holiday this coming weekend (since Tuesday is July 4) that gives very little time for this information.

The information is already out on the datamining websites and videos are up on youtube. Since those websites are off topic and a big time nono around here, that's why the normal posters aren't answering.

A friendly reminder that you're on the internet and there are ways to search for information.

Edited by dr_mike

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't datamined info still change? Like, something akin to Keith's roadmap troll. Datamined info is probably only good for getting people excited for something that might change. At least that's how I see it.

*sigh* Guess I'll have to play the heavy again.

The information is already out on the datamining websites and videos are up on youtube. Since those websites are off topic and a big time nono around here, that's why the normal posters aren't answering.

A friendly reminder that you're on the internet and there are ways to search for information.

Sorry, I don't take much stock in datamined stuff. It is subject to change due to the fact at one time they datamine the new stronghold was going to be on Zakuul and that wouldn't give an ocean view so I would rather have an official statement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't datamined info still change? Like, something akin to Keith's roadmap troll. Datamined info is probably only good for getting people excited for something that might change. At least that's how I see it.

Yea it is and not always reliable. They datamine once that a new stronghold would be on Zakuul and like the penthouse that Valiyn had with a beast pen. Now unless it has an ocean view (which in all my time on Zakuul I never saw) then they were wrong about the stronghold then.

Just as a guess I'd imagine roughly like Yavin 4.

9 unlock areas after an initial purchase.

Around 13 Million credits for a full unlock

11,000 CC if you want to go that route.

The rest you have asked about I don't really even have a good guess on.

I'm not going to discuss data-mined information that might not be accurate, but I will try to remind the devs about some topics that were posted repeatedly since the last stronghold was released:

* Rounded walls and floorboards make it impossible to cleanly place decorations against walls. (Hate 'em!)

* We need more ceiling and floor covering (rug) hooks than in previous strongholds.

* Some ceilings need to be high, otherwise not all ceiling decorations can be used.

* We need a good number of Large Wall hooks.

* Elevators cause zoning and lag. Stairs and ramps are better.

* All Starship and Centerpiece hooks need the ability to convert to other arrangements of hooks.