Madness in 3.0

Monterone

So, I wanna see what my fellow sorcs think about what gearing will look like for this spec in 3.0. We all know, of course, all these updates are subject to change and PTS has not even opened yet for open testing.

With that said it seems to me that Madness will have no use for crit and surge, whatsoever. All healing is now life steal, based on damage output instead of crits -- 20% for Death Field, 100% for Force Leech, and 25% for the two DoTs. On top of that, today's mined info shows that Creeping Death has been changed and Madness no longer gets the 30% crit multiplier on DF and the dots.

We also know that Alacrity will now be a straight up point for point increase in damage, since it will speed up dot length, cooldowns and internal cooldowns and so on. It looks to me as if gearing for straight up power/alacrity will be the most efficient way to gear for this spec, with perhaps a couple of surge pieces when alacrity hits severe diminishing returns. Anyone else been thinking this way?

Also, with as strong as alacrity is set to become, what about the augments? Can alacrity augments actually become better than mainstat ones? :eek:

Edited by Monterone

So, I wanna see what my fellow sorcs think about what gearing will look like for this spec in 3.0. We all know, of course, all these updates are subject to change and PTS has not even opened yet for open testing.

With that said it seems to me that Madness will have no use for crit and surge, whatsoever. All healing is now life steal, based on damage output instead of crits -- 20% for Death Field, 100% for Force Leech, and 25% for the two DoTs. On top of that, today's mined info shows that Creeping Death has been changed and Madness no longer gets the 30% crit multiplier on DF and the dots.

We also know that Alacrity will now be a straight up point for point increase in damage, since it will speed up dot length, cooldowns and internal cooldowns and so on. It looks to me as if gearing for straight up power/alacrity will be the most efficient way to gear for this spec, with perhaps a couple of surge pieces when alacrity hits severe diminishing returns. Anyone else been thinking this way?

Also, with as strong as alacrity is set to become, what about the augments? Can alacrity augments actually become better than mainstat ones? :eek:

Maybe.. Don't forget Accuracy in PvE tho...

From what the live stream said it will make your dots TICK faster, it won't extend the duration. From what I understand it will SHORTEN the duration of dots but make the damage go out faster, so you have to reapply it more but you still get more damage in that window. Correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure that's what the stream said. Regardless I think a high alacrity build could work, but I wouldn't ignore surge completely. based on what you're saying and if it goes through, higher crits would mean more healing.

Yeah, that's exactly what the stream said along with saying they've worked on alacrity becoming a straight up 1% increase for 1% dps, for a long time now. There is no other stat in the game that I know of that increases your output that dramatically.

I'm gonna be loving alacrity! :) Heck, I'll be testing out some alacrity on my deception/infil sins if it ends up decreasing all cooldowns including internal procs.