Companion Lag Please Fix

Capwill

Hello BioWare can you please oh PLEASE fix the Companion lag which causes our companions to fall sooo far behind us that we have to stop and wait for them to catch up to us or see if they finally snap up beside us only to fall WAY behind again. I would like to know why you can't fix something like that which seems to be very simple to do. :mad::mad::confused::confused:

This has been going on for a while now. The only thing that helps me out is to have a melee type companion instead of a range type companion. Not sure if its network code or me living on the west coast, sometimes I just click on the stop fighting button tell the companion is close and then click the fighting button to activate the companion to fight. Edited by Wopr

If by "for a while now", you meant "for years", then yes. Its not something they are ever likely to actually fix.

Only thing that makes it tolerable, if you are doing a lot of pve, is to get into the habit of using the rocket boost legacy perk regularly as you move about to reset your companion (which has the added benefit of resetting its cooldowns as well).

Edited by greven_arcades

Another thing that helps is to pacify them when not in combat (2nd ability from the left on companion hotbar by default) which basically will reset them and force them to maintain a closer distance. Just make sure to turn it off when you want to fight, else they will sit there watch.