Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Let's talk about Strike Fighters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Let's talk about Strike Fighters
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Verain's Avatar


Verain
06.04.2015 , 07:36 PM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
Actually can we take this back and forth out of the Main Dev Feedback thread please? It's a fine discussion for its own thread, but this thread has enough off-topic clutter as it is.
If the mods want to leave a guy in who posts page long screeds with literally zero correct points stated as facts, then they must want him to be corrected. Both barrels so that no one reading thinks there's a word of truth to this crap.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Drakkolich's Avatar


Drakkolich
06.04.2015 , 08:30 PM | #402
Alright I said in a previous post I would get some videos to prove some stuff Clcooper was incorrect about.

First off I made a video to address if you can get from A to C in a single boost without stopping.
I made a specific build to get the best chance at making this happen, the results surprised even me!
Here is the video!

The build I used for this test is as follows. (I'm only mentioning components that affect engine pool, speed or engine regeneration)
- Booster Recharge (Extra regeneration T4, Instant engine power T5)
- Shield Power Converter (Extra engine power)
- Power Dive (Extra speed)
- Regeneration Thrusters


Next I made 2 videos showing myself playing a Stock Quarrel and a Stock Novadive. Just to show you can hit things even in a Stock ship. I even talk while playing explaining why I miss certain shots.

Stock Quarrel Game

Stock NovaDive Game

As an added bonus I had time in the Novadive game to check how far a Stock NovaDive can go in a single boost.

Enjoy the Videos!

Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
Actually can we take this back and forth out of the Main Dev Feedback thread please? It's a fine discussion for its own thread, but this thread has enough off-topic clutter as it is.
I know we aren't directly talking about Strike buffs Nemarus but I still feel it's on topic.
I feel this way because Clcooper came in with a bunch of suggestion to the game, however they were on false information. The discussion we are having is helping him see which information was false (hopefully), thus allowing him to revise what he would to like to see in the form of Strike buffs.

I think everyone should be aloud to express their opinions, however if I see that someone is using false information I like to help them see there errors so they can revise them. Just to clarify I'd never post anything about an opinion being false, I'm just helping correct facts that players use to make their points.
A great example is when Tunewalker said he couldn't remember any buffs ever happening in GSF, my only post to that was showing the buffs that have happened.

I really hope this line of thinking makes sense to you too after my explanation.
DrakolichDrakolÝch
The BastionTwitch Stream

Nemarus's Avatar


Nemarus
06.04.2015 , 08:54 PM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
If the mods want to leave a guy in who posts page long screeds with literally zero correct points stated as facts, then they must want him to be corrected. Both barrels so that no one reading thinks there's a word of truth to this crap.
The thread is 40 pages long, full of walls of text. Had the offending post been quietly ignored, it would be lost amongst so much noise.

But by quoting and replying to it, you just invite further false information, which was subsequently quoted. On and on it goes. What once was a single dumb post has now lived on for several pages.

Besides, you really think the devs don't know that Imperial ships and Republic ships go the same speed? Are you worried one post in 40 pages, from someone who obviously has no idea how the game works, is going to unduly influence the devs?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Not every forum post is an invitation to battle. Not every reply has to win a victory or score a point. And the easiest way to erase an ignorant post is to ignore it. It's almost like those words have some kind of common root.

But no. Instead, every time some newb comes in here spewing nonsense, instead of just letting it fall below the fold of the front page, we keep bumping it over and over again.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Verain's Avatar


Verain
06.04.2015 , 11:55 PM | #404
The devs obv won't be confused by his stuff. The fact that players are coming in on the dev tracker means that some players might.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

clcooper's Avatar


clcooper
06.05.2015 , 09:31 AM | #405
burst laser cannon
condor WPD 20.8 ROF 80 500m 1008 ??m 625 ??m 514 lv 0
quarrel WPD 20,0 ROF 80 500m 833 ??m 625 ??m ?? lv 0
the last time I was in school these numbers are all not the same . but they are the same gun same level of no upgrade . but a different ship .

laser cannon
nova WPD 19 ROF 150 500m 791 ??m 735 ??m 550 lv ??
war carrier WPD 20.5 ROF 162 500m 897 ??m 833 ??m 635 lv 3
condor WPD 20.5 ROF 162 500m 903 ??m 897 ??m 683 lv 3

light laser cannon

war carrier WPD 20.5 ROF 162 500m 995 ??m 770 ??m 624 lv ?
condor WPD 20.5 ROF 162 500m 1053 ??m 832 ??m 674 lv ?
nova WPD 21 ROF 180 500m ??m ??m lv 0
quarrel WPD 20.4 ROF 194 500m 1108 ??m 873 ??m 708 lv 4

as you can see the numbers are NOT the same . and some that are upgraded are different as the same level upgrades . and better then a higher level upgrade.
and if you need I will go back and find what should be where the ?? are . the stats if not there are the same .

so if I have numbers like this but you don't . would that mean there is a problem with the game . my numbers should be the same as your numbers at the same level with the same upgrades with the same crew member . and I am telling it is not .

clcooper's Avatar


clcooper
06.05.2015 , 10:34 AM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
I have every possible upgrade on every possible ship. That is, I have all Republic ships, and all Empire ships, with every single possible thing unlocked on each and every single one of them.

What you are saying is just one more thing you don't know what you are talking about.

Nothing you say is close to true.

Imperial ships are not faster, nor more durable, nor more accurate (in fact, empire's default starting offensive crewman, MZ-12, doesn't have accuracy bonus- you have to unlock it).

Drako also plays both factions on many servers, as you can see from his youtubes, twitch channels, screenshots, forum commentary, etc.
yep you are comparing a upgraded to upgraded and that is not what I said now is it .
now follow along I am only going to say this one more time .

when I boast my upgraded Republic ship . I run out of engine power before I get to the sat . but my imperial ship un upgraded .boast does not run out until I get under the sat . both using the engine boast . and all the crew are for accuracy ,. I am a lair and I am just dreaming this stuff up . because your fully upgraded and with the right crew members don't do that .

you all are talking about your fully upgraded ships . I am telling you why the new people don't stay . and why .

I am telling you that as a new player . the problems I have seen and have . if any of you get in any game and fire onto someone many times and do no damage . but they fire on you and in 2 or 3 shots you are dead . none of you would stay either .

I wonder why in the Gree event the two missions in the pvp area not to many do them ..GSF is getting the same way .if you don't know why go ask them why .

CommanderKiko's Avatar


CommanderKiko
06.05.2015 , 11:22 AM | #407
As a republic player who plays imp occasionally, and plays stock alts fairly often, I can say with certainty that there is zero difference between imp and pub outside of look and map layout. Neither of which provide either side a distinct advantage outside of cover options - which matter mostly when playing defense in TDM as imps on lost, and trying to assault A on lost in dom. Neither side has a clear advantage nor a clear tactical advantage, and stats shouldn't (and don't) vary at all side-to-side. A t1 gunship is still a t1 gunship. T2 scout is still a t2 scout. Ect.

Such bias does not exist, it simply just doesn't. This off topic emotional rant is utterly moot.
GM of Defiant Industries LLC (GSF/PvP)
GM of Defiant Security Services (GSF, new)
- Kik˛, Bastion.

clcooper's Avatar


clcooper
06.05.2015 , 11:37 AM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
Wow ok If you want to be that picky I'll make a video showing you exactly what you ask for. I should be able to get it ready for you later tonight.

Next time you check your weapons for the same stats make sure both ships are using the exact same crew members. Crew passives affect weapon power draw as well as accuracy.
In the offensive crew members passives there is one called "pinpointing" it adds 6% accuracy to your primary weapons. Most likely this is the 6% difference you are seeing between both ships.

In the Engineering crew members passives there is one called "Efficient Fire" it makes your weapon draw 13% less power. This might be one of the causes of difference you are seeing on both ships.

You also have to make sure the capacitors are the same on both ships, as they also affect weapon stats.
For example if one ship has frequency capacitor (15% Faster primary weapon firing rate) will have 15% more weapon draw on it's weapon's stats.

Next time you see difference between different primaries make sure your crew and capacitors are the same on both ships. Then you will see that weapons from one ship to another are exactly the same.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying you haven't presented any evidence at all to support any of your stories or theories.

The only thing that could cause this would be the other players in the games. It sounds like your server is just very poorly balanced factions wise and you fight easier players while on the Imperial side.

To help us out, could you tell us what Server you play on? And if you don't mind a screenshot of the stats of your 2 different characters would go a long way to explaining some of the things you are describing.
and after that video how many kills did you have . was it more then 20 .

yes I have only been in a 2 GSF matches . and only seen what I am saying happen one time . I just wonder how long and how many matches a player has to do too have 4 toons with almost fully upgraded ships . and 4 toons which are not upgraded have from 20,000 to 50,000 saved up .
so when he says that he does better in his UN upgraded ships then he does in his upgraded ships . it must be his skill changes from one side to the other .he is standing on his head to hit all the crtl shift and f keys . it must be the others he is play against are not that good . when with his UN upgraded ship can and has shot down .the aces from the other side with more ease then with his upgraded ships.
he must be a nooby
it should not make any difference how many matches, what type of gun ,upgrades. or crew member . if a player holds their sights on another ship and fire until they can no longer fire . they should of had more then 0 hits . during that time .. . so if they get the right crew that gives the 6% more accuracy how many more hit should they got .

using this as a example .
if a GS shoots a scout fully charged 5 times and does no damage at all . how many of those shots should of done some sort of damage. now use accuracy in those 5 shots how many should done damage . the scout can have any lv of evasion you what . how many shots shot of hit and did damage . and how much damage should of been done

Devrius's Avatar


Devrius
06.05.2015 , 12:00 PM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by clcooper View Post
yep you are comparing a upgraded to upgraded and that is not what I said now is it .
now follow along I am only going to say this one more time .

when I boast my upgraded Republic ship . I run out of engine power before I get to the sat . but my imperial ship un upgraded .boast does not run out until I get under the sat . both using the engine boast . and all the crew are for accuracy ,. I am a lair and I am just dreaming this stuff up . because your fully upgraded and with the right crew members don't do that .

you all are talking about your fully upgraded ships . I am telling you why the new people don't stay . and why .

I am telling you that as a new player . the problems I have seen and have . if any of you get in any game and fire onto someone many times and do no damage . but they fire on you and in 2 or 3 shots you are dead . none of you would stay either .

I wonder why in the Gree event the two missions in the pvp area not to many do them ..GSF is getting the same way .if you don't know why go ask them why .
... You have no idea how to build a ship or how GSF work do you? There are many reasons why shooting at someone until you're empty will result in 0 damage, be it evasion, wrong range, wrong angle, wrong weapons, wrong timing (enemy has DF up) and so on, Hell I have found out that many new players try to aim not with their reticule but with their navigation cross airs...

The fact you claim "and all the crew are for accuracy" when only the copilot can give any accuracy proves this.

You further compare the same weapons on different ships and expect the same stats, which is impossible seeing how they have different components available to them.

Here, read the sticked guide: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729222

Play a few dozen matches after you have read and learned what's in it then come back to the forums to talk about the unbalance between factions, but not here this a thread where buffing Strike Fighters is the point and having a minimum understanding of the game is necessary.

Ardaneb's Avatar


Ardaneb
06.05.2015 , 12:04 PM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by clcooper View Post
yes I have only been in a 2 GSF matches . and only seen what I am saying happen one time .
I think this should be in its own thread. You should really start one. I think we can all agree it is a little off topic (scout speed in a strike suggestion thread).
Paloga/Lantor