Emperor and Palpatine

I was wondering whether Palpatine is truly the most powerful dark lord to ever live. After all the Emperor is practically immortal and not even Revan, Meetra or Scourge could stop him. Is Sidious just smart and devious or is he actually more powerful than the Sith Emperor who is immortal and has consumed an entire world and later has plans to consume the galaxy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering whether Palpatine is truly the most powerful dark lord to ever live. After all the Emperor is practically immortal and not even Revan, Meetra or Scourge could stop him. Is Sidious just smart and devious or is he actually more powerful than the Sith Emperor who is immortal and has consumed an entire world and later has plans to consume the galaxy.

Powerful? I doubt he's anywhere near the most powerful dark lord.

He was just the most clever, most cunning, and most destructive.

Yes he is, just look at what he can do his powers are only rivaled by Luke. Besides he did what no other sith lord ever accomplished, destroyed the jedi order in their prime of knowledge and combat. Plus Palpatine was immortal too, he could transfer his essence into another body so he could have lived forever . Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well, Luke didn't really do anything. Just kept the Emperor occupied long enough for Vadar to finish him off.

So you can't really say that he was only rivaled by Luke.

He didn't destroy the Jedi. He just gave the order to have his troopers, and his apprentice, to do it.

Shoot, his takeover of the Republic was from within, and he used the power of the Senate to do it.

All in all, short of hiding his ability to use the force so well, and his ability to transfer is essence, I wouldn't consider him powerful at all.

Yes he is, just look at what he can do his powers are only rivaled by Luke. Besides he did what no other sith lord ever accomplished, destroyed the jedi order in their prime of knowledge and combat. Plus Palpatine was immortal too, he could transfer his essence into another body so he could have lived forever .

He wasn't immortal in terms that his body couldn't live forever while the emperor has had the same one (don't quote me on that) for 1000 years. Plus the emperor could transfer his Essenes into two bodies one being the voice.

Well, Luke didn't really do anything. Just kept the Emperor occupied long enough for Vadar to finish him off.

So you can't really say that he was only rivaled by Luke.

He didn't destroy the Jedi. He just gave the order to have his troopers, and his apprentice, to do it.

Shoot, his takeover of the Republic was from within, and he used the power of the Senate to do it.

All in all, short of hiding his ability to use the force so well, and his ability to transfer is essence, I wouldn't consider him powerful at all.

I'm talking about EU Palpatine in which, it showed him to be the strongest sith lord ever look up Palpatine and look at his powers and YES Luke did rival Palpatine in terms of power and then surpassing him in the EU. He actually did destroy the jedi, not directly mind you but his plan was the way he destroyed all of them.

So far from what we have seen and read from both of them, Palpatine is vastly more powerful.

It wouldn't surprise me to have the good ole BW writers pull some tricks out of their bags to make Vitiate even more powerful than he appears now and approaching Palpatine in terms of power. But as it stands now Vitiate doesn't even come close to being as powerful as Palpatine.

At one point Palpatine is actually described as being the nexus of the dark side. For those that aren't up on SWU lore as much as others, a Force nexus is a location where the Force or an aspect of the Force is unusually strong. The aforementioned statement about Palps being an actual nexus of the dark side gives you an idea of how powerful the crazy,wrinkled,scarred guy was.

He wasn't immortal in terms that his body couldn't live forever while the emperor has had the same one (don't quote me on that) for 1000 years. Plus the emperor could transfer his Essenes into two bodies one being the voice.

You are incorrect.

The Emperor in TOR uses the same technique that was first shown from Palpatine. Transfering an essense into a new body. The comic series that gave back stories to TOR even showed some of the Emperor's multiple bodies and spawning pit.

Edited by Eillack

So far from what we have seen and read from both of them, Palpatine is vastly more powerful.

It wouldn't surprise me to have the good ole BW writers pull some tricks out of their bags to make Vitiate even more powerful than he appears now and approaching Palpatine in terms of power. But as it stands now Vitiate doesn't even come close to being as powerful as Palpatine.

At one point Palpatine is actually described as being the nexus of the dark side. For those that aren't up on SWU lore as much as others, a Force nexus is a location where the Force or an aspect of the Force is unusually strong. The aforementioned statement about Palps being an actual nexus of the dark side gives you an idea of how powerful the crazy,wrinkled,scarred guy was.

In the Revan book when the Emperor spoke Scourge was in much pain and he could barley stand to be in his presense. Also in his childhood he could use the force to kill his parents and enslaved his village and took over Nathema. This shows that he was vastly powerful in the force to a point that it affected someone deeply just to stand next to him. I think that this proves the emperor is much more powerful if the force overwhelm someone and even without the ritual on nathema he would have been very powerful.

The Emperor absorbed thousands of force sensitives and darkside users on Nathema and everything that was touched by the force and more. That is a planets worth of force sensitivity inside him while palpatine was just an average Sith that was very powerful. But, not a planet of force powerful.

You are incorrect.

The Emperor in TOR uses the same technique that was first shown form Palpatine. Transfering an essense into a new body. The comic series that gave back stories to TOR even showed some of the Emperor's multiple bodies and spawning pit.

Do you mean the Voice or the Emperor himself?

I know that Sidious is supposed to be more powerful but I think that Vitiate should be more powerful. He literally radiated the dark side and was born with fully black eyes not to mention he was immensely powerful.I know this is very little to prove my case but he just seems like he is the epitome of the dark side, the dark side in humanoid form.

Let's be honest, you guys want the cooler guy to be the more powerful. Sidious eats Vitiate for lunch.

How is Vitiate cool? We don't even know what the guy looks like, and so far all of his plans to devour the galaxy have failed.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

G-Canon states that Sidious is the most powerful.

But if you don't buy that, just look up EU Palp on the star wars wiki. I don't care if Vitiate did consume an entire planet, Palpatine has more impressive feats, and as someone pointed out, he accomplished the Sith's ultimate goal. Cunning and secrecy are the Sith's greatest strengths, and Palpatine used them like a true Sith master. On top of that, yes, he does have explosive force powers that can suck up and destroy entire Star Destroyers.

Palpatine>All Sith.

The Sith Emperor is very powerful though.

You are incorrect.

The Emperor in TOR uses the same technique that was first shown form Palpatine. Transfering an essense into a new body. The comic series that gave back stories to TOR even showed some of the Emperor's multiple bodies and spawning pit.

It is not the same concept. There is a single body the Emperor is constantly in control of that is his near-immortal body. The being we see in teh TOR comics and the bodies in the flashbacks are references to the Emperor's Children and the Emperor's Voice which are not what Palpatine had. While Palpatine directly transfered himself from one clone body to another, the Emperor directly imprints and possesses his Voice, and (indirectly and implied) his Children and Hands so he can see and speak to the galaxy without being present.

slow down,vititate is much more powerful in my opinion,palpatine might be smarter but who lived more than 1400 years?palpatine?oh i don't think so.

He used a ritual in which he needed the power of two hundred other Sith lords to complete it.

Darth Sidious could also absorb the life of the entire planet of Byss and with no rituals, he did it with his own power and this planet was far larger and far far more populated the Nathema was as well, 18 billion inhabitants were on Byss and all that whilst resting in his retreat.

Then we have the fact he could perform Force Storms that destroyed entire fleets of ships and even better he could transfer his powerful essence.

Darth Sidious could tear holes in the space/time continuum.

Vitiate may have had 1400 years to gain power, but Darth Sidious, thanks to the Banite Order of the Sith Lords, had a thousand year old collection of holocrons, scrolls, writings and all sorts of other knowledge from all over the galaxy at his disposal, one of which were pages out of Darth Malgus' personal journal which he gave to Vader for inspiration.

Darth Sidious was so powerful in the Dark Side he was an actual Dark Side Nexus of energy, his voice had a hypnotic lull to it, he had blinded the entire Jedi Order so they could not foresee the future he was putting into place, he had caused an imbalance in the Force simply by existing.

He had the strongest Battle Meditation we have ever seen, a Battle Meditation which enhanced his entire Galactic Empire.

He also mindwiped the entire planet of Coruscant, when he hid the Eclipse II Super Star Destroyer underneath the Imperial Palace.

Sidious knew every single force ability and technique and could create new ones on a whim.

And we know without a shadow of a doubt he was the most powerful and successful Dark Lord of the Sith ever.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

If you read an of the books, including the prequel trilogy's novelization (spelling), its clear exactly how powerful Palpatine really was. He was just a different breed of powerful. Which is why in the Revenge of the Sith novel when Master Yoda began fighting with Palpatine, he said he knew had lost before it was even over. That Palpatine was part of a Sith order that had grown and evolved over time while the Jedi had grown stagnant.

Palp felt that the sith had outgrown the use of lightsabers and only used one to taun the Jedi, and even as such he was skilled enough in the use of a saber to fight 4 Jedi masters, killing two of them before they could even defend themselves and a third with barely an effort.

His fight wth Mace Windu was described as a fight that would have gone on forever as Palpatine was so strong in the dark side that it was providing endless fuel for Windu's Vapad fighting style. I believe, and it is just my belief, that Palp allowed Windu to "beat" him in the fight to allow for Anakin's fall to the dark side.

His ability to control people and to plan and lead people directly into the situations he wanted was all a manifestation of his power and control of the dark side of the force.

i would love to see them fighting.

during these years he planned and plotted,he became like a god for the sith.

And Palpatine took 80 years to takeover the Republic and convince the entire senate to hate the Jedi and get rid of them. With no Empire.

While it took 1400 for Vitiate to create the empire and take down the Jedi and Republic. Which he still hasn't managed to accomplish.

How is Vitiate cool? We don't even know what the guy looks like, and so far all of his plans to devour the galaxy have failed.

Don't kid yourself. He's the evil and mysterious Sith lord who's immortal and holds sway over the Sith empire. That's why he's cool. ;) And his kicking Revan's *** is pretty cool too.

Don't kid yourself. He's the evil and mysterious Sith lord who's immortal and holds sway over the Sith empire. That's why he's cool. ;) And his kicking Revan's *** is pretty cool too.

not revan fanboy or anything i am sure it had nothing do with scourge killing the exile or anything.

Edited by undeadsithdread