Deeply dissapointed.

TGaP_Andrey

Couldn't make myself play anytning except for Sith classes, so I've picked Sith Warrior for my returning. I was so excited to return to the main narrative of Star Wars: Republic vs Empire, Light vs Dark. Somehow managed myself to endure extremly infuriating tedious genocidal (in a very bad way) gameplay of the addons, designed by team of chimps, to make sure that I didn't miss any important decision. I've suffered greatly.

I refused to be an Emperor of Zakuul/Alliance and devoted power of the Throne to help rebuild the Galaxy - including the Sith Empire - so I could someday return to my motherland as its hero which I was in my class story. I'm a full-blown warmonger and power-hungry Sith, not a peacekeaper at all, but couldn't care less about ruling some a s s-pulled fanfic government-entity in my Star Wars. I don't need that power, the only Emperor I aspire to become is the SITH EMPEROR. Or, at least, the guardian of the Empire I was before. So I needed Sith Space rebuilded and restored to its former battle readiness with resources of Alliance.

I've sacrificed everything that was mine for my Empire and her well-being. Every statement, line or decision to the slightest which I've made in SoR, KotFE, KotET and aftermath was calculated to be the best for the future of the Sith Empire.

But unfortunately the place of Empress have been abducted long ago by some another generic "wise, neutral and practical" i.e. boring and insipid ***** who ruins my Empire to state in which I don't even recognize it. Aliens in my ranks?! Gross familiarity of lowborns and low-rankings with their superiors?! "Dromund Kaas ways are the past - we should move on and evlove"?! What is it? The republic in a disguise? And screams "rrrwwwar death to all jedi" don't help at all - it's still looks... Wrong and f**ked up. It's not my Empire, dammit! In the Empire I've known FUN WAS NOT ALLOWED as well as any kinds of silliness *shocks Vette to her death*. It's not that proud and edgy-to-the-darkest-shades-of-black Empire which was butchering the Galaxy to the state of apoplexy and couldn't care less about "practicism" and "reasonability"- **** this all, let's make those alien and ugly slaves build for us another gigantic monument and die for it, I don't care, how costly it'll be! "New Sith Empire" is just the bleak shadow of its former self. Without a soul.

The most heartbreaking moment for me was extremely aclimactic returning of Darth Malgus... Ffs, I didn't agree with his vision of the Empire, but to see The Butcher of Coruscant silent and obedient lapdog of Acina the Insipid was truly sad to me - I had hoped he'll kill Acina and reclaim the title of the Emperor to himself because he at least had the great passion and he remembered what was Korriban and Dromund Kaas, but... You all know. That familiar situation when you sincerely feel pity for your enemy. That was the point when I absolutely and without any chances to recover lost any faith in the Sith Empire (and SWTOR respectively). Because now it's dead. The legacy of good ol' days is rapidly deteriorating. The last pillar is now broken, degraded into submission and silenced. :(

The Bioware made it's choice in a sense of storytelling. We are "Commander" now - it's not allowed for "Commander" to be an ally of really radical and evil force, because "Commander" still has his idiotic and defective "friends" to be reckoned with. My hopes of becoming the Dark V Sith Lord again was broken. It seems I'm "Commander" permanently.

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

Tell me about it, I was so tired of being called "Outlander" or "Commander" by the end of the expansions that I wanted to pump bleach into my ears, why would my SI "Darth Nox" want this stupid alliance thing? I want to go back to the Dark Council, get my seat back and do my duties as a Council member for the Empire, not be some 3rd party faction "Commander"! I never wanted any of this!

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!

https://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Dat+title+_4e88963e8c75e48e05b06e620f0751df.jpg

I personally feel like this whole thing was a terrible choice, the writing wasn't great, the single-story for all classes doesn't work, it doesn't make sense for most characters and you never get the choice to NOT take the stupid throne, you never get the choice to stop and go back to your original faction.

smaller content-size wise but higher quality class specific stories would have been much better.

The most heartbreaking moment for me was extremely aclimactic returning of Darth Malgus... Ffs, I didn't agree with his vision of the Empire, but to see The Butcher of Coruscant silent and obedient lapdog of Acina the Insipid was truly sad to me

Error.

The "Butcher of Coruscant" was Grand Moff Rycus Kilran.

smaller content-size wise but higher quality class specific stories would have been much better

This. So much this. I really haven't enjoyed at all this "big grand and flashy" storyline of addons, because the very idea of making a Call of Duty/Keeping Up with Kardashians Frankenstein from an imbred glitchy clone of WoW is abhorrent and degenerate - scripted and mandatory (for the sake of teh "ACTION" and "DRAMAH", I dunno) encounters on a strictly linear levels with thousands of Sky Troopers will fuel my nightmares for weeks. It just doesn't work AT ALL. We had Oricon, Makeb, Rishi little cute class quest or even Ziost if you ask me - and it still worked wonderful or decent at least. But no, too much sense - here, you can wait for another pack of skytroopers to drop on you out of f**cking nowhere so you can run for them to th place where you were like a half of a minute ago so after a good grinding you could watch epic glitchy cutscene with COOL angles about s*it you don't care at all! Have fun, d**kface!

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

The most heartbreaking moment for me was extremely aclimactic returning of Darth Malgus... Ffs, I didn't agree with his vision of the Empire, but to see The Butcher of Coruscant silent and obedient lapdog of Acina the Insipid was truly sad to me - I had hoped he'll kill Acina and reclaim the title of the Emperor to himself because he at least had the great passion and he remembered what was Korriban and Dromund Kaas, but... You all know. :(

You're always entitled to your own opinion, but I do want to point out a few inaccuracies about Darth Malgus.

First, this is the beginning of a new story. There is supposed to be some mystery in exactly how Acina is controlling Malgus. It's clear that Malgus isn't obeying out of choice. It's very likely that the future storyline will see Malgus break Acina's leash and seek revenge. So if you're interested in that, stay tuned.

Second, you complained a lot about aliens and slaves rising in the Empire, but you also said that Malgus "remembered what was Korriban and Dromund Kaas". Keep in mind that Malgus was that one who kickstarted the whole shift in the Empire that allowed aliens into the military. So you can't really hate the alien incorporation and wish for the "old" Malgus back... because Old Malgus wanted aliens.

As for the rest of your post... about the Empire not being as bad as it used to, you're right. But don't forget that it is still pretty evil. The whole Ossus mission is about invading a colony of peaceful Jedi and farmers that don't offer much of a threat... and you're tasked with wiping them out entirely. That's pretty bloody and in-tune with the old Empire.

Gross familiarity of lowborns and low-rankings with their superiors?!

Exactly the reason why I hated Anri. Why must all Twileks in this game be so annoying? At least Vette had some semblance of respect.

I was deeply disappointed to lose my Fleet and Throne and going back to being someone's lackey after my Empire fell apart thanks to Theron and Lana.

You're always entitled to your own opinion, but I do want to point out a few inaccuracies about Darth Malgus.

First, this is the beginning of a new story. There is supposed to be some mystery in exactly how Acina is controlling Malgus. It's clear that Malgus isn't obeying out of choice. It's very likely that the future storyline will see Malgus break Acina's leash and seek revenge. So if you're interested in that, stay tuned.

Second, you complained a lot about aliens and slaves rising in the Empire, but you also said that Malgus "remembered what was Korriban and Dromund Kaas". Keep in mind that Malgus was that one who kickstarted the whole shift in the Empire that allowed aliens into the military. So you can't really hate the alien incorporation and wish for the "old" Malgus back... because Old Malgus wanted aliens.

As for the rest of your post... about the Empire not being as bad as it used to, you're right. But don't forget that it is still pretty evil. The whole Ossus mission is about invading a colony of peaceful Jedi and farmers that don't offer much of a threat... and you're tasked with wiping them out entirely. That's pretty bloody and in-tune with the old Empire.

1. Ah, so he will almost completely copy Vader storyline. "Booo I'm a more machine than a man, tell your sister you were right about me!" - bleh. For all degeneracy I saw in this game recently, I am really afraid that in the end of things I will see Malgus joining the Light Side and the Jedi (like Scourge or that weakminded p ussy on Tatooine in Jedi Knight story). But still you've got a point, maybe it's too early to judge.

2. I was talking about Malgus more like about a symbol. A symbol of glory and devastating power of Old Sith Empire. "Yes, Korriban is OURS again!" - such love and pride was put in this line by him. I thought (irrationally, I might agree) that behind all of his sadness and dissapointment towards Vitiate Empire he was still a proper old-school Sith Lord who just needs a short and nice vacation to remember who he really is and throw out of the window all this nonsense about "reforming". :D Inner b itching about his twilek girlfriend didn't and won't help him to defeat the Republic once and for all.

3. Wow, such an evil and terrible deed - to destroy a planet on which no one lives except a couple of Jedi colonists! Ah, and burn some books with the librarian too! EVIL MASTERMIND DESTROYS A GHOST TOWN WITHOUT A POPULATION - who the **** cares anyway? Just compare this to Sacking of Coruscant, the Campaign in Core Worlds - I was expecting a lot more, when I heard about "returning to old narrative". :(

And also I really insist that without slavery and racism Sith Empire is not Sith Empire, it's a bleh like Empire of Thrawn - a compromise for WEAKLINGS and normies who don't have guts to be evil, but who want to pretend they are "evil". Cool aesthetics and edgy speeches without really controversal (in the eyes of player) deeds. Killing Jedi is not controversal since there are majority of players who think the Jedi are nothing more than self-righteous hypocrites (and that's a pretty fair point).

^This

1. Ah, so he will almost completely copy Vader storyline. "Booo I'm a more machine than a man, tell your sister you were right about me!" - bleh. For all degeneracy I saw in this game recently, I am really afraid that in the end of things I will see Malgus joining the Light Side and the Jedi (like Scourge or that weakminded p ussy on Tatooine in Jedi Knight story). But still you've got a point, maybe it's too early to judge.

This has nothing to do with Vader, Vader's story is about his redemption. Malgus will likely never be redeemed. And what "degeneracy" have you seen in this game? I'm rather curious now. And Scourge doesn't join the Light Side, your misunderstanding of the character is great there, he allies with the Jedi so he can help them take down the Emperor because that was his vision of the Hero of Tython being the one to kill the Emperor.

2. I was talking about Malgus more like about a symbol. A symbol of glory and devastating power of Old Sith Empire. "Yes, Korriban is OURS again!" - such love and pride was put in this line by him. I thought (irrationally, I might agree) that behind all of his sadness and dissapointment towards Vitiate Empire he was still a proper old-school Sith Lord who just needs a short and nice vacation to remember who he really is and throw out of the window all this nonsense about "reforming". :D Inner b itching about his twilek girlfriend didn't and won't help him to defeat the Republic once and for all.

Reforming is the only way the Empire will survive.

3. Wow, such an evil and terrible deed - to destroy a planet on which no one lives except a couple of Jedi colonists! Ah, and burn some books with the librarian too! EVIL MASTERMIND DESTROYS A GHOST TOWN WITHOUT A POPULATION - who the **** cares anyway? Just compare this to Sacking of Coruscant, the Campaign in Core Worlds - I was expecting a lot more, when I heard about "returning to old narrative". :(

Well yes, it is an evil deed regardless of how you see it. This is merely a preemptive strike dude chill out, the Sith are attacking the Jedi so they don't have time to recover. And the symbolism about Ossus' destruction could be used to argue that no matter where the Jedi are, the Sith will find them and hunt them down. This is merely a set up to a great war to come, likely in the form of the expansion. So chill out and wait for it "This is only the beginning".

And also I really insist that without slavery and racism Sith Empire is not Sith Empire, it's a bleh like Empire of Thrawn - a compromise for WEAKLINGS and normies who don't have guts to be evil, but who want to pretend they are "evil". Cool aesthetics and edgy speeches without really controversal (in the eyes of player) deeds. Killing Jedi is not controversal since there are majority of players who think the Jedi are nothing more than self-righteous hypocrites (and that's a pretty fair point).

It is the Sith Empire, slavery is still there. So is racism but thankfully its being overrun. You mean Empire of the Hand, and Thrawn was a mastermind strategist, he embodied what the Empire should be. And Thrawn could be pretty evil when he needed, but only when the situation actually called for it.

• 2 weeks later...
This has nothing to do with Vader, Vader's story is about his redemption. Malgus will likely never be redeemed. And what "degeneracy" have you seen in this game? I'm rather curious now. And Scourge doesn't join the Light Side, your misunderstanding of the character is great there, he allies with the Jedi so he can help them take down the Emperor because that was his vision of the Hero of Tython being the one to kill the Emperor.

Reforming is the only way the Empire will survive.

Well yes, it is an evil deed regardless of how you see it. This is merely a preemptive strike dude chill out, the Sith are attacking the Jedi so they don't have time to recover. And the symbolism about Ossus' destruction could be used to argue that no matter where the Jedi are, the Sith will find them and hunt them down. This is merely a set up to a great war to come, likely in the form of the expansion. So chill out and wait for it "This is only the beginning".

It is the Sith Empire, slavery is still there. So is racism but thankfully its being overrun. You mean Empire of the Hand, and Thrawn was a mastermind strategist, he embodied what the Empire should be. And Thrawn could be pretty evil when he needed, but only when the situation actually called for it.

^ this

I just want to say...

Personally, I believe that KOTFE/KOTET resulted from EA refusing to give them the go-ahead to make KOTOR 3.

Also...what if Acina isn’t actually controlling Malgus, but it’s been the other way around from the start, and Malgus just wants people to *think* she’s the one that holds the power, so he can see who tries to take the throne for themselves without putting himself in the crosshairs?

It’s never the king on the throne that you need to worry about, it’s the advisor whispering in the king’s ear...

Also...what if Acina isn’t actually controlling Malgus, but it’s been the other way around from the start, and Malgus just wants people to *think* she’s the one that holds the power, so he can see who tries to take the throne for themselves without putting himself in the crosshairs?

It’s never the king on the throne that you need to worry about, it’s the advisor whispering in the king’s ear...

That could actually be a pretty good story if properly written, I have a feeling if they were to do that though it would feel contrived considering the current predicament with Malgus and Acina/Vowrawn. I am rather interesting to see how Malgus develops now though, despite my displeasure at the way they've handled his revival.

That could actually be a pretty good story if properly written, I have a feeling if they were to do that though it would feel contrived considering the current predicament with Malgus and Acina/Vowrawn. I am rather interesting to see how Malgus develops now though, despite my displeasure at the way they've handled his revival.

Yes, I can buy Malgus controlling Acina - it would explain her personality shift between dread seed and kotfe - but not Vowrawn.

Well i'm fanatic egalitarian on the level of freedom for the AIs style. So to me Empire is an absolute no-go until i see evidence, that they went into that direction. But if i were made an evil sith-emperor goal guy, then i would take the throne of Zakuul, and become the Emperor of everything. Republic, Sith Empire, Zakuul. They all would bow before my superiority.

I think the next expansion will rekindle the old republic vs sith empire style. Hopefully with the true faction change possiblity. For now switching faction only means, that you sabotage yours, and not truly side with the other. But i believe, that this is a mere preparation of what is to come. A whole new storyline where you truly join a chosen faction and must fight with part of your own alliance to lead it to victory. At the end of Ossuss the intergalactic war is back on business.

What i would prefer is a phase shift for all planets to reflect the new war, and conflict. The main story would start with 4 path (republic, empire, and boths' betrayed version), then shortly after start your aligment gets revealed, and after a "civil war" inside the Alliance you would join the Republic, or the Empire for the rest of the new main story. Companion killing would come to a whole new level as many of your companions would decline your decision. It would be a justified way to reduce the number of followers which is way too high right now.