Are pub stories good?

TGaP_Andrey

I think you would like JC story. It has plenty of Force stuff, obscure rituals and mysticism, and everything's presented in a pretty thoughtful way. The oft-forgotten aspect of what makes a Jedi (other than swinging a glowstick really gud) -- reaching out and trying to understand varied, different cultures to gain knowledge, or to mediate between squabbling factions -- is sufficiently explored as well. Plus, starting from Chapter 2, you have the most interesting ship of them all, with a bunch of quite different people hanging out and offering comments after each mission. And remember how Sith Inquisitor would say things that make people go "Eheheh...", nod and slowly back away? Jedi Consular has them too, only puzzled look and "Whatever you say, Master Jedi" version.

And if you don't like it, feel free to come back and tell what you think about my taste in video games. :D

Thanks for the reply. May I ask You the last question before I try it?

How does Dark side JC works? Does this work at all?

Hi five, my man. I privately nicknamed SW "Darth Pitbull" after I finished the story. :D

I think you would like JC story. It has plenty of Force stuff, obscure rituals and mysticism, and everything's presented in a pretty thoughtful way. The oft-forgotten aspect of what makes a Jedi (other than swinging a glowstick really gud) -- reaching out and trying to understand varied, different cultures to gain knowledge, or to mediate between squabbling factions -- is sufficiently explored as well. Plus, starting from Chapter 2, you have the most interesting ship of them all, with a bunch of quite different people hanging out and offering comments after each mission. And remember how Sith Inquisitor would say things that make people go "Eheheh...", nod and slowly back away? Jedi Consular has them too, only puzzled look and "Whatever you say, Master Jedi" version.

And if you don't like it, feel free to come back and tell what you think about my taste in video games. :D

All that, plus it's the only class story with a mission objective:

Objective: Open the Blast Doors

And you do, indeed, open the blast doors. Permanently. Ain't nobody ever gonna close them blast doors.

All that, plus it's the only class story with a mission objective:

Objective: Open the Blast Doors

And you do, indeed, open the blast doors. Permanently. Ain't nobody ever gonna close them blast doors.

That was one of my favorite moments. Those doors end up open wider than a Hutt’s mouth at a pie eating contest! :D

Loved the people on the ship, didn’t care for the deck plan (layout/map). So far I’m torn between the Agent’s ship for the deck plan and the Smuggler’s (it even has a galley!!!)

From what you said, TGaP_Andrey, I agree with krakadyla. You’ll *love* the consular’s story.

Note for anyone that thinks consular is bland/boring/cliche: have you forgotten the Jedi Knight the smuggler encounters on Tattooine, Nariel Pridence? You only see her for a couple of cutscenes, but she pretty much defines bland/boring to me...the VA delivered her lines completely monotone...

You all are keep saying Consular story is "dull-dull-dull-dull-dull"(Zash's impersonation mode on/off).

But I also heard a lot of similar negative remarks about Inquisitor story, though I very like it and like it more than everything else I've completed at this moment.

I can't really decide whether my most favorite individual story is Inquisitor or Agent, despite having a clear bias against force users, but I can say with certainty that Consular is my least favorite of the 8 stories.

So keeping in mind everything I said about my taste, what do ya think, will I still find Consular's story boring and dull? I need a somewhat more intel about the story apart from "it's about diplomacy and *****" :D

You could summarize the inquisitor story with "the price of power"; the Consular would be "all for one and one for all". The stories mirror each other, both classes have unique abilities that come with dire consequences. One ends up overcharged the other exhausted. One barely even notices the war and rather wastes their faction's resources for a petty feud, the other becomes a key figure in rallying their faction and repelling outside influences.

Try it yourself, you may still like the story. You should play each class at least once anyway. Don't let random folks on the internet tell you what to do. :p

Edited by Mubrak

Thanks for the reply. May I ask You the last question before I try it?

How does Dark side JC works? Does this work at all?

Not quite. Depending on how many 'kinda sorta evil' answers you pick, your range is from "arrogant and impatient douchebag" (this sort of works) to "Stupid Evil psychopath that should be put down like a rabid dog they are and what are the Council thinking?!" (does not work at all). That's the main difference of Pub Forceys from Imp Forceys, who work equally well as Light (aka rational pro-Empire) and Dark (aka raging psycho, but they're Sith so it figures)

In some ways the difference between light Consular and dark Consular is like the difference between Yoda and Anakin. With one you're the embodiment of the Jedi, serene, powerful with the temperance and wisdom to know when and how to use that power, a diplomat, a leader, and one who can bring together disparate forces and unite them for the greater good. To me, the light Consular makes much more sense as the Alliance Commander than the Knight or any other class. Dark Consular is like Anakin (not in play style as much as personality). The dark Consular is powerful, knows it, and uses that power rather liberally. They will become a leader because that's how the story is written, but they are arrogant and impatient, they are quick to criticize and find fault (kinda like Master Jaric Kaedan), they really come off as annoyed that people keep asking them for help (like, who do they think I am, a Jedi?), and they'll almost always take the expedient route to solve a problem. On the other hand, a light gray Consular plays a lot like Qui Gon Jin.

I personally loved Consular's story. I liked how it delved deep into the mysteries of the Jedi and the Force, while also taking an approach with the Galactic politics. Plus I just adore female Consular's (Athena Karkanis) voice acting.

Trooper is my second favorite. I like how it takes an interesting approach with moral choices on how to conduct a warfare, showing us that the Republic is not as good as we sometimes see them. Brian Bloom is possibly my favorite male class voice actor (tied with Mark Bazeley of the Warrior). And female Trooper has Jennifer Hale doing voice work, which is, as usual, very good once more.

Smuggler's story was funny, there were many moments that made me laugh.

Knight's storyline is ok, but its not as good as Consular or Trooper in my opinion.

I dislike DS consulars. Act 1 makes very little sense that way. I don't mind DS JKs, they have some good bits, especially on Tat and Corellia. I like DS troopers, the story is probably the closest to being default DS of any of the pubside classes. It also makes you question how you're playing it: are you DS in the sense of obeying every order no matter how insane and creating war crimes on every planet? Or are you DS in the sense of mouthing off Garza and stealing stuff? 4X and Tanno and both DS, but they represent competing versions of DS play here.

I like DS smugglers a lot. You CAN just be a petty thug that rolls people for the highest credit, like a BH, but the story also offers the opportunity to start your own gangster empire. It's one of the few classes in the game that gives players a chance to be genuinely lawful evil. I wish they'd continued that theme in the expansions - in this version, the Alliance isn't a group destined to save the galaxy or to give me a throne, it's a pork barrel project to steal supplies and personnel from to finance my own budding empire.

Edited by Ardrossan

Only played Smuggler, and Consular so far.

Smuggler is nice, and fun. Though you are insignificant on the galactic stage, and remain "under the radar". You still can play the "I'M RICH" criminal type character. Also love as he mocks the force religion stuff.

The Consular is kinda simple, and way too fast climber. You arrive as a padawan, and 1 day later you are a jedi master with a special title. Like ***?! The companions aren't exactly bad, but i liked the Smugglers' backstories better.

I dunno, all the stories were pretty much of a piece to me but much of the fun they offer comes from not only the mechanics of the class but the companions you get. In that instance, gunslinger wins hands down for me, fun to play and you get Gus, the best and funniest companion in the game. I never get tired of hearing his catchphrases, where they can quickly wear thin with so many of the others. My second favorite to play is sorcerer but I'm using 2V-R8 on my newer one, for the blessed silence.

When I was unlocking maxxed out Dark Side for the Achievement, I did it on a Jedi Knight where I always took the DS option and it was pretty funny watching the Jedi Council do Olympic level mental gymnastics to rationalize your actions. My favorite being when my started out deep pine green Mirialan who at that point was as green as an overboiled pea with red eyes from nearing level IV Dark getting told to be careful or risk Dark Side temptation.

Would it be similar if I was playing an light side Sith ?

Would it be similar if I was playing an light side Sith ?

Nah, Zash only cares about your force potential for when she takes over your body, so she’s too busy buttering you up to make you more pliant so it’s easier for her to do. Can’t say about Darth Cartman, as I haven’t gotten that far into the SW’s story yet.

Edited by VelvetSanity

Nah, Zash only cares about your force potential for when she takes over your body, so she’s too busy buttering you up to make you more pliant so it’s easier for her to do. Can’t say about Darth Cartman, as I haven’t gotten that far into the SW’s story yet.

At the end of Act 1, Zash will reprimand you [politely] if you ended up neutral or lightsided. She's critical of neutral characters because you're sending a mixed message, and lightsided characters because you're basically betraying the Sith code by being too merciful. Presumably she cares because she'll have to do damage control on your reputation once she takes over your body.

Agents get a similar reprimand from Keeper [the minister] after Hutta, but they get reprimanded if they are too LS OR too DS. This was originally a bit tricky to achieve [and still tricky with the increased leveling] because you had to do basically every mission and sidequest one alignment in order to reach Dark I or Light I. With warzones, you can now reach it a lot easier, if you care to.

Baras doesn't really care - in Alderaan you can fight for the Organas, tell Baras that you did it, and he'll still handwave it away - but it does have an effect on your hallucination during the Tat story. Also on Tat, the Jedi you're looking for will read your alignment and react accordingly, but as with the Jaesa act 1 finale, this has more to do with your actions. On Alderaan you get betrayed [for the first time], and if you choose the LS option, you'll get attacked.

Edited by Ardrossan

This is my own personal preference:

The best republic story is actually... female light sided Sith warrior... (technically, I rate this as my favorite SWTOR story line)

Strange, I know, but the voice actress was amazing, with a great supporting cast.

I started a YouTube series, if anyone is interested in giving it a chance:

If your looking for a pure republic story line: this is my personal list from best to worst:

1) Jedi Knight (both male and female voice actors are superb)

2) Male smuggler (personal preference, but I didn’t enjoy the female voice actress)

3) Trooper (both male and female voice actors are equally skilled) I rate this story line pretty low when comparing all 8 story lines between Republic and Empire...

4) Consolar... well out of all 8 story lines, I feel this is the absolute worst... I struggled to get through it without mixing in PVP war zones to keep me awake...

Anyway, the above post is purely my own bias, and opinions may vary.

I only heard that line a couple of times with my consular. Really, you only get the bland cliche response if you choose what you think is the stereotypical bland cliche expected response. :)

Personally I think Inquisitor is a worse sinner in this regard. I can't count the amount of times s/he declares "Murder and mayhem await" or some such.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

I'm a true Sith........................but I wanna legendary statussssssss

Anyway, started JK story, couldn't make it pass lvl 15 I think... Even when you are evil you are too good :/

Literally this. Every time I create pub char with an intention to complete at least his class story I end up deleting him right after prologue at best - usually at 7-8 lvl on a starting planet.

Personally I think Inquisitor is a worse sinner in this regard. I can't count the amount of times s/he declares "Murder and mayhem await" or some such.

I always treated those responses as “I know what it is you want to hear me say, you’re so pathetically easy to please” snark :D

Well i noticed, that if you want to be a really bad/good guy, then you must choose side accordingly. There is a reason, that you can find the Sith Warrior is a jerk, and not the Jedi Knight is a jerk.