Who revealed Voss' existence to the Empire?

Weronaring

I remember that it was mentioned somewhere specifically who revealed (aka "sent an encoded message") Voss' existence to the Empire. I think they even gloated. But try as I might, I can't pinpoint who exactly. I think it was either in the Smuggler or the BH storyline, because that's the only ones I've recently played and it's recently I've come across this. Help, anyone? ;)

I thought it was the Sith Emperor, as Vitiate, searching for a new voice. I thought he was drawn to the dark side energy of Sel-Makor. But Baras trapped him there. Of course, he wasn’t really trapped as he was in Valkorion too by then, but at least his voice was stuck in the Dark Heart.

There is information in one of the stories, I think (Imp/Pub? not sure - class or <Story Arc>? not sure(1)), where you assist the search for some archaeological evidence, and it is revealed that there was a previous visit by the Sith, which took place, if memory serves, about 600 years before the class stories begin.

(1) I'm pretty sure it must be in one of the <Story Arc> sequences, since I've pushed all the classes through Voss at least semi-recently, and I didn't see this mission in any of the class stories. Or I'm wrong. That happens sometimes.

There is information in one of the stories, I think (Imp/Pub? not sure - class or <Story Arc>? not sure(1)), where you assist the search for some archaeological evidence, and it is revealed that there was a previous visit by the Sith, which took place, if memory serves, about 600 years before the class stories begin.

(1) I'm pretty sure it must be in one of the <Story Arc> sequences, since I've pushed all the classes through Voss at least semi-recently, and I didn't see this mission in any of the class stories. Or I'm wrong. That happens sometimes.

Yep, if I recall its part of the planetary story arc at Voss where you learn that Voss wasn't discovered but rather re-discovered. And its unclear when the Sith and Jedi visited the planet, I think Imp Side implies Great Hyperspace War but Pub side implies Hundred-year darkness.

Imperial planetary storyline. You have to find a Jedi master in the ruins and it's discovered that he found tablets that prove the Jedi and Sith have been on Voss before. In addition to this, on the imperial and Republic side of the story a long dead person trapped inside of Sel-Makor's servant mentioned after being freed that Voss and Gormak were one species but there was a rift between the sides.

it turns out that the Jedi wanted to use the Voss as weapons in their war against the Sith, these primative Voss were all too eagar to take and accept all the knowledge they could get from the Jedi and it consumed them. One side became Gormak, the other side remained Voss. The Imperials only wanted the resources of this world before the Jedi arrived.

Sel-Makor is a dark being who fed on death and devastation, eventually it manifested itself over the nightmare lands with corrupted flora, fauna and sentient lifeforms. It was originally started when Voss attacked the Sith and came into contact with the dark side of the Sith at one of their temples within the nightmare lands. It was during this time that Sel-Makor drove the Gormak to war with the Voss.

Voss was by accident rediscovered somewhere around 3648BBY, only a few years before chapter 3, the Emperor was one of the first to get to that world, he had an invasion sent out as a distraction to kidnap a Voss Mystic, he managed it and turned it into a voice of his bidding. While the attack force was driven off, the emperor got what he wanted. Since then the Empire and Republic have been trying to gain an alliance with the Voss.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Star Cabal were behind the re-discovery. They were certainly the ones that destroyed the imperial fleet that went to attack Voss.

But I think you're getting this planet mixed up with Belsavis. During the Smuggler mission they discover that Ivory built a long range communication device in his cell and signaled the Empire, so they'd come and cause enough chaos that he and his friends could escape unnoticed.