Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

Lingalol
02.05.2012 , 04:00 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
In your previous post you said that nobody used the hybrid spec. Now you're saying if they kill the hybrid spec they'll need to buff the individual specs leading me to believe you use the hybrid spec.

Sounds like you're saying "DONT NERF ME BRO".

Edit: You contradict yourself so much. Which is it? Is nobody using the hybrid spec? If so why would they need to buff the 31 point talents to compensate?
I said people don't go heavy lightning hybrid spec. Which they don't. They go heavy madness. You obviously are grasping because you have no argument.

Lingalol
02.05.2012 , 04:03 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenmuir View Post
Merc/Commando having the same CC as a Sorc/Sage? Can I please come to your fantasy land? Because that statement is just factually untrue.

Just to compare:

Shield(Insta cast heal, awesome scaling, appliable to others, run speed buff(talented)) -> nothing
aoe knockback(20s cooldown, 8m range), with talents immoblizes for up to 5s, unlimited targets -> aoe knockback(30s(20s talented) cooldown, 4m range(8m talented), with 4s slow, max 5 targets
speed boost -> nothing
30m 6s slow, 12s cooldown -> nothing
30m Ranged Interupt, 4s(6s talented) lockout, 12s cooldown-> nothing
Extrication -> nothing
4s stun 60s cooldown(50s talented), deals damage -> 4s stun 60s cooldown, no damage
3s 50% channeled slow -> nothing or 25 pts in gunnery for 50% channeld slow
force armor aoe sleep(talented) -> stock strike single target knockback(talented)
in combat rez -> nothing

That's a lot of nothing that the other ranged dps/healer class gets. It's also nice that i get to spend talent points to make my abilities have the same effects that sage/sorc get base line. The only thing that commando/mercenary gets base line that sage/sorc doesn't is a 12second 25% damage reduction with a 2 minute cooldown. Your opponent would have to do 12k damage or more in 12seconds for that to be better. The downside is that reactive shield has a 2 minute cooldown, compared to the 20s cooldown on force armor and reactive shield can not be cast on other people.

On armor:
Most dps classes have ~50% armor reduction, or deal elemental/internal damage, so to say that 30% mitigation vs 15% mitigation is meaningful is about as truthful as saying that sorc/sage has better defense due to having twice the base avoidance chance(10% vs 5%).
So, Those abilities that were ACTUALLY cc Abilities. Stun's and punt. You have a worse stun but a better punt. CROWD CONTROL. Not sprints, interupts, shields and battle res's. Those aren't CC's.

jtfone
02.05.2012 , 04:03 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by StellaRossa View Post
Just read the part where you said that we have a strong buble... really? Even with the talent which adds 20% more "armor" to the buble, it goes down with 1 maybe 2 hits ( it takes around 2.5k damage ). That in you're opinion is a strong buble?

Yeah Bioware, listen to this guy. Sages/Sorc wear light armor, we go down faster than any class in the game. Stop asking for nerfs like a little cry baby.
Sorc's have posted the bubble absorbs up to 5k with a 17-20 sec cd. Plz spend more time with your class.

To the op yes the Sorc spec needs an adjustment. it is obvious and is needed for the good of the game long term in pvp. The good Sorc's will still do well after the adjustment.

jtfone
02.05.2012 , 04:05 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Lingalol View Post
just another pve terrible marauder that doesn't realize that with gear his class is the most powerful.

Because he has no idea how to play.

BTW, Merc have the same amount of cc we do. More Burst, and more mitigation. I don't see the issue?

The misconception of sorcs do massive damage all comes from wrath and deathfield.

I use it CONSTANTLY when targets are stacked together because its my main dps ability which hits for the same amount on every target it hits. It doesn't crit for massive amounts. But it does do a decent amount of damage.

The class that does the LOWEST burst and single target damage should be doing the MOST overall damage or the class is useless. Grow up, Accept that you aren't very good and Move on. Also, No good sorc goes half lightning, Just to CL. 20% DF and dot crits are much better.
Bahaha Merc's have the same amount of CC Sorc's do. Jesus this is what I am talking about. Seperating the good Sorc's from the terribads like you.

Lingalol
02.05.2012 , 04:06 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by jtfone View Post
Bahaha Merc's have the same amount of CC Sorc's do. Jesus this is what I am talking about. Seperating the good Sorc's from the terribads like you.
Or... You don't know what you are talking about?

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 04:07 PM | #56
+1

With Rakata/BM gear it actually absorbs up around 6-7k. Basically a single bubble means a Sorc has +25% effective health. They might be cloth armored but with a bonus 6-7k health in an instant cast 20 second cooldown they're certainly tankier than any other DPS in the game.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 04:10 PM | #57
I said people don't go heavy lightning hybrid spec. Which they don't. They go heavy madness. You obviously are grasping because you have no argument.
....Did you even read my original post? Please do.

The hybrid specs I'm talking about are variations of the Wrath + Lightning Storm combo that revolves around frequent instant-casts of Chain Lightning while utilizing the bottom half of the Madness tree for DoT DPS and Death Field(+20% DoT DMG) and Force Lightning as a filler.

In PvP these specs get literally all of the PvP talents in the lightning tree and all of the PvP talents in the madness tree creating a hybrid that has the best of both worlds in terms of utility while also having more DPS than either tree.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

Lingalol
02.05.2012 , 04:13 PM | #58

The hybrid specs I'm talking about are variations of the Wrath + Lightning Storm combo that revolves around frequent instant-casts of Chain Lightning while utilizing the bottom half of the Madness tree for DoT DPS and Death Field(+20% DoT DMG) and Force Lightning as a filler.
Which, People don't go. MY GOD. You don't understand this at ALLLLLLLL. You just assume those sorc's that were SPEC'D Heavy madness with wrath / CL were the lightning cc spec. The heavy madness spec Is much higher damage output, With the loss of the lightning cc talents. Which is BETTER.

But, What you don't understand is you see these sorc's doing this damage output. You go, THEY ARE THE HEAVY LIGHTNING CC SPEC (which they aren't). You are spouting out nonsense. Most marauders are great at pvp when done right. Why are you having so many issues.

Lingalol
02.05.2012 , 04:16 PM | #59

In PvP these specs get literally all of the PvP talents in the lightning tree and all of the PvP talents in the madness tree creating a hybrid that has the best of both worlds in terms of utility while also having more DPS than either tree.
Going heavy lightning hybrid. you miss out on massive amounts of damage increases. With crushing darkness / affliction / deathfield. Again, You have no idea what you are talking about

Tumri
02.05.2012 , 04:17 PM | #60
Most marauders are great at pvp when done right. Why are you having so many issues.
Page 1 - Post 3

I don't have problems. I can definitely understand when an unintentional character build is overpowered though.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com