Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hybrid tank/dps is not an option anymore right?

No idea, but from the looks of it, no.

Give me time to test, I've been known to pull bunnies out of hats.

Is the infiltration just a levelling one? I haven't had chance to get to my computer yet so haven't viewed it.

Leveling one, yes.

Hey! Great! Glad to have you back, Shin

Glad to be back.

Edited by Xinika

Where did you go?

Few odd jobs irl and a general breath of fresh air from the game. I have a lot of work to do on updating this guide, but I realized a few things that needed to be filled in, which of course, included lowbie leveling. Lots of people roll a Shadow and that spot is missing. Also min/maxing at 55 is a completely different case, and it'll take some time before I can post anything related to that category.

It is however my intention, along with some other goodies these forums can use.

Edited by Xinika

New Vid inc. ETA 1-2 weeks.

Topics to be covered.

-Advanced Shadow/Sin Training

-Gearing in 2.0

-Min/Maxing (DPS and Possibly Tank with Zabuza)

-Specs

For the record, min/maxing is not as hard as it used to be, but getting the parts itself will take time.

Hi Shin,

First time caller, long time listener. I had some questions about your Partisan vs Conqueror math.

For the sake of saving time and making this easier for readers, let's convert the off stats to 1 stat: Off Stats. So basically, we'll combine Surge, Power, or Crit, Alacrity etc.

+8 Armor

+9 Endurance

+8 Main Stat

+7 Off Stats

Now this is 1 piece of gear, we have a total of 14 pieces to upgrade. So let's multiply these numbers by 14 for the full set.

The issue here is that while you have 14 slots, not all slots function the way you describe. The obvious example is relics, where the difference in passive stats between partisan and conqueror is, in fact:

+5 Endurance

+0 Main Stat

+2 Off Stats

Moreover, five out of fourteen of those slots provide no armor (implant x2, earpiece, relic x2).

Furthermore, without enhancements playing a role, bracers and waist offer lesser gains than other slots, and obviously the endurance gains from the same, without enhancements, is less than your model.

This is why simply multiplying by 14 as you do here:

14x8 = +112 Armor

14x9 = +126 Endurance

14x8 = +112 Main Stat

14x7 = +98 Off Stats

Now this is the shift from full Partisan to full Conq.

...isn't quite accurate.

Rather, the model should be closer to this:

Helm, Chest, Gloves, Legs, Feet (x5)
+8 Armor
+9 Endurance
+8 Main Stat
+7 Off Stats

MH and OH (x2)
+5 Endurance
+7 Main Stat
+6 Off Stats
+96 Force Power

Belt and Bracers (x2)
+8 Armor
+7 Endurance
+6 Main Stat
+3 Off Stat

Relics (x2)
+5 Endurance
+0 Main Stat
+2 Off Stats

Earpiece (x1)
+7 Endurance
+7 Main Stat
+7 Off Stats

Implants (x2)
+10 Endurance
+7 Main Stat
+10 Off Stats

Note: I chose to use light armor for the armor differentials (as this is a shadow/assassin guide), but be aware that the degree of difference varies by armor weight.  I've seen this same math applied in other contexts to represent the difference between Partisan and Conqueror for [i]all[/i] classes, which is why I make this note.

Ultimately, this means a total gain of:

+56 Armor, rather than +112 Armor

+106 Endurance, rather than +126 Endurance

+87 Main Stat, rather than +112 Main Stat

+84 Off Stats, rather than +98 Off Stats

+96 Force Power (not listed in the original model)

[Admittedly, the earpieces vary in endurance/mainstat weights, so those numbers are slightly variable. Regardless of these variances, the original numbers are still significantly inflated.]

I was also curious about your using augments only on the conqueror gear. When gearing up, do you avoid augmenting your partisan gear?

I found the remainder of your update up to your usual high quality.

Edited by Satedbuffalo

So I'm replacing Partisan power relic now with dmg proc and I'm not sure which one I should be getting.

Could u please tell why you have Conqueror Relic of Dark Radiance which does less internal damage than kinetic one? You also get internal damage reduction with force valor buff.

Edited by Tordis

Hi Shin,

First time caller, long time listener. I had some questions about your Partisan vs Conqueror math.

Hiya, those were done for an average number collective, not a direct. As you can see, I left out Force Power, a major DPS increase. I just wanted people to be aware that there is a difference. I have added your version. (Is this okay with you?)

I was also curious about your using augments only on the conqueror gear. When gearing up, do you avoid augmenting your partisan gear?

I rip the mods out and place it on custom gear. Augments should be acquired first. They are the biggest upgrade.

So I'm replacing Partisan power relic now with dmg proc and I'm not sure which one I should be getting.

Could u please tell why you have Conqueror Relic of Dark Radiance which does less internal damage than kinetic one? You also get internal damage reduction with force valor buff.

Greetings, I chose Dark Radiance because it deals internal damage over kinetic. Internal is less mitigated than kinetic of energy damage.

Hiya, those were done for an average number collective, not a direct. As you can see, I left out Force Power, a major DPS increase. I just wanted people to be aware that there is a difference. I have added your version. (Is this okay with you?)

I rip the mods out and place it on custom gear. Augments should be acquired first. They are the biggest upgrade.

Yes, feel free.

25% crit with buff? I pull off bigger hits with 20% crit with buff, Anytime i run with 25% crit for a week i notice i am hitting for less then usual even when it does crit.

You will hit for less, of course, but your consistency will be much better.

Sidenote:

Also I do not support bugged gear / bolster systems, therefore do not expect me to post anything related to gearing up for an issue that will eventually be fixed.

You will hit for less, of course, but your consistency will be much better.

Sidenote:

Also I do not support bugged gear / bolster systems, therefore do not expect me to post anything related to gearing up for an issue that will eventually be fixed.

I didnt mention the bolster system?.