"Item Bound" help!

NemanjaVidic

Ok, so I am a lvl 25 Sith Socerer (suscribed). I got very lucky and got a Typhonian-Double bladed lightsaber (purple item- artifact) in a Cartel Pack. I want to give this weapon to my friend or sell it, because my AC cannot even weild the weapon. I have had the item for 5 days now but it sill says bound to me. I removed added/removed some mods and crystals from it, not knowing that this could bind it to me for good. Am I screwed? I feel like this is such a waste of a precious item and maybe there is a loophole? Anyways Im expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Please let me know whats up Edited by NemanjaVidic
forgot to add something

Once you muck around with the mods etc I believe you actually bind it to you.... I don't even think there is a warning or anything like there is if you try to equip it. I had this happen to a piece of armour and learnt the hard way.

Once you muck around with the mods etc I believe you actually bind it to you.... I don't even think there is a warning or anything like there is if you try to equip it. I had this happen to a piece of armour and learnt the hard way.

when adding mods to a weapon or gear to a BOE item for the first time a pop up will come up saying the item will become bound to you if you confirm the mods to be placed in them.

not sure if it says it or not if you unequip a mod from a BOE item

It is possible that you might get a customer service person to fix it for you if you fill out an in game ticket.

I don't know of people getting help with that but it's worth a shot. If you can't get someone to help you, then you're sadly screwed. Sorry.

when adding mods to a weapon or gear to a BOE item for the first time a pop up will come up saying the item will become bound to you if you confirm the mods to be placed in them.

not sure if it says it or not if you unequip a mod from a BOE item

It doesn't warn you when you unequip mods on BOE item, I pulled mods out of adaptive armor I bought for cartel coins so I could add correct mods for my class and as soon I took the first mod out, both the armor and mod became bound to me.

I feel for the OP, I really do. I'm sure most of us have done dumb things in game that we regretted later. - That said, learn form our mistakes, and maybe replay the mission that provided the gear, or buy another on the GTN, say sorry for the delay to the friend and move on.

Maybe a warning notice in future patches will appear when one removes mods fom an unbound item, but in the meantime, BE CAREFUL!