RP Partner re-roll

Mando

First off, credit to dark_wolf and his thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=541600 for the idea! So what is an RP Partner re-roll? Well the idea is that you get a person or couple people to all start a new character, and plan to only get on together and heavy RP. This could be me, and one partner, and for example both start a Jedi and RP together when were both online. But you only play that character when youre both on. We'd pick a server to create new characters, and create our own adventure as we go along with the game and its content. Itd be heavy in character RPing and lots of fun. If anyone is interested post here and let me know!

Roster

Mando

redhuntinghat

Druidclaw

Jenzali

Anaan

Sonofbelz

Zanderwright

shadowdemon

Registration closed. Please do not ask to join until this thread says we are recruiting.

Current poll: Eliminate one of the three

Republic-Republic

Republic-Empire

Empire-Empire

Mando: Empire-Empire

redhuntinghat: Republic-Empire

Edited by Mando

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time shouldn't be much of a problem for me I'm typically home around US peak times while my play time is sporadic through out the day. I currently play on the Ebon Hawk server, but I wouldn't mind having to switch servers if we decide to do this on another server!

I'd love to join. I've never RPed in game before though, but I've always thought it sounds like fun. :) I'm on the Jedi Covenant server, but I don't mind making a new character on a different server. Evenings are best for me. I'm usually on from 8 PM CDT (-6 GMT) until whenever I get tired usually. XD

Well Ebon Hawk sounds fine to me. As for classes/roles I like being healer as a commando or tanking as a guardian/jug or shadow/assassin. And any Adv. Class for dps really. So I'll roll something depending on what the rest of you want to roll as.

Edit: I agree with what this person said ^.

we would have to ask this other group if they would be interested, however it could be very fun and interesting.

Edited by JIshVidal

Woah! Solid idea of rolling on a different faction from the other group! It would be awesome if we could get something going with them later down the line. ^_^

As for classes, if we roll Pub, I wouldn't mind trying the Jedi Knight. I've always wanted to, and Smuggler wouldn't be bad at all for me either. For Imperial, Sith Warrior and Inquisitor are the only classes I've yet to play and make a decent stretch in their story. Though, honestly, I would love to roll an Agent again (love their story!!).

So yeah! Will we all be playing as Jedi or non-jedi? Or does a two-two for the different starting planets sound good? We could meet up on the fleet after completing the Starters and continue on from there if we do the latter.

I lost count, so I'm not sure if this little group is full-up, but I'd sure like to jump in on this if there's a space. I did one of those in Lord of the Rings Online, and it ended up being a lot of fun!

I don't see a problem with having too many. For class quests we can split up into partnered groups. If OP only wants a group of 4 then I would be SOL as well because I make #5.

Good to see so many interested! :D

Hopefully more people will show up to join in the fray, making it possible for another full group to be forged. It would provide more opportunities to RP a much 'larger' story. Or, maybe I'm just getting my hopes up with this.

At any rate, I look forward to seeing/playing with you all soon! :)

Wow! Great to see so many people interested. I think we had six people interested, and unfortunately I think it would be extremely difficult to ever be able to get all six of us on at the same time consistently enough to make this worthwhile. Somehow we'll need to narrow it down, or split into two groups might be a good idea also. Have 3 of us RP together, the other 3 RP together, and meet up if we can.

You all are most certainly free to RP as you like, but with my partner/group, I want to really, really take this and make the most of it. SWTOR has so much potential for RPing with all the story in it, so let's take advantage of it. In my group, I want to RP like this is real Star Wars. Heavy in-character roleplaying, taking each quest like it's real life for our characters. Of course you guys can use your main characters whenever we're not all on, but these characters will be specifically for RPing. I would be fine with spending a whole hour on one side quest roleplaying like this is actually an important part of my characters own story. So if I could find out what level of RPing you all are into that would help me make decisions on how to split our groups.

I am currently playing on the Ebon Hawk server as are most of you and that other Empire group. So I think that will be the best server to do this on. Good ideas from all of you! I would love to be able to interact with the Empire group, lots of potential there for rivals/nemesis. So, looks like we're good with Republic on Ebon Hawk. I would personally like to role as a Jedi, but that's just me. I'll wait a bit because I'd like to hear your opinions on what I've thrown out there.:rak_03:

All of that sounds wonderful. I am a big fan of heavy RP -- my roleplaying days go back through the launch of Dark Age of Camelot and into the days of antiquity where rolling dice and graph paper were the pinnacle of RP technology :p -- but sadly I haven't really had the chance to do much RP in SWTOR just yet. I'm excited about the opportunity!

I started roleplaying on a WebTV on a chat network called TalkCity. Pretty sure it was in the 90's. I've done a lot of different mediums. I can keep pace with however you guys would like to. As of right now, it would have to be two groups of three, unless two other people show up and are interested.

I don't mind splitting the groups up at all! Whatever works best for everyone!

As for RP experience, I once belonged in the RP Guild The Coruscant Vanguard on the Ebon Hawk server, before Ebon Hawk we were on Shien... I was also part of the Dusk Athenaeum which was an Imp RP Guild on Shien. But, both guilds have died and I have found myself flying solo for a bit. So, recently I haven't had much RP within TOR. Before that, however, I've done a good amount of RP in SWG, WoW, CoX, and LotRO. I'm all for heavy RP and keeping character throughout the quests. It will be awesome to see how characters will change/grow and how our characters will influence one another as we play along!

Edited by shadowdemon
missed words

I don't mind having to split the groups up.

And as to the level of hardcore RP, I'm totally fine with that aswell. I've been playing tor since launch I've sped through enough content already. And theres still plenty more to do. But slowing right down to experience things from in IC view is fine with me!