Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Spyderwraith
01.20.2019 , 04:06 PM | #9591
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Is the Gree-Speak ?
Well, the original group had a guy in 210 gear that could not beat the dogs enrage so it was kind of troubling to begin with. He was the one with computer issues. We replaced him and one shot everything up till Master Blaster. Then had more issues
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

irrevelant
01.21.2019 , 04:01 AM | #9592
My only really bad experience so far was on veteran FP with GF. Everything went smoothly. Even sneaked around every single enemy during the code gathering part of Rishi, then guy asks to do the bonus, and we told, that we prefer finish this fast, and he left. He seriously left an easy group just, because no bonus. Not just our group were full of 70s, but even got nice gearscore, and we had a jedi shadow, and a smuggler to sneak through pretty much every single non-boss enemy.

rantboi
01.21.2019 , 04:16 AM | #9593
the bonus isn't in veteran mode anyway

Zouleika
01.21.2019 , 05:09 AM | #9594
Had an interesting run Bloodhunt. I queued with a Maro alongside a guild member with a tank. We are both 70 and get two other players in their 30s. We wait for one of them before the first group. He takes another way, pulled a group and died. None of us had ever seen someone going that way. Player spawns again and leaves the FP. No word from him in chat. We kick him and proceed while waiting for another player. Right before the boss their comes someone new. Tank and I wait for him while the sorcerer pulls the boss. Tank is not amused but get aggro quickly. You can now ask who did the adds. Yes, I killed all of them.
Sorcerer didn't heal himself after the fight and ran straight forward while we were still waiting for our 4th player, which had lag.
So the sorcerer isn't happy that he had to kill the mob all alone that he pulled. This happens more than one time and he leaves the group and whispers the tank shortafter what a noob he, the tank, is and some other insults.
We queue again and get another Sorcerer. We clear the challenges and now up to Jos and Valk. Our damage output is okay but without a healer this fight isn't the easiest one. Both ranged DDs stood beside a Kolto. None clicks as the tank is nearly dead.
My Maro got to do all the Kolto Stations. Same goas for Shae. Sorcerer stands beside a kolto and doesn't click it. He eventually learned to click koltos as half of the group is dead and it is our second try.

I don't get why he let me do all the Kolto clicking when he already stood beside one?
Es ist nicht der erste Schlag, der einen Baum fällt.

BenduKundalini
01.21.2019 , 02:36 PM | #9595
Quote: Originally Posted by alrikfassbauer View Post
is the gree-speak ?

Screaming_Ziva
01.28.2019 , 10:17 AM | #9596
Not GF but was looking for an Ossus WB group this weekend. Got invited to a group with one other person. They changed it to an Op group and then made me a Lt. I continued doing my dailies for a few minutes when I realized the leader wasn't inviting anyone else and also wasn't advertising looking for more players. I probably should have just quit the group right there but instead I put out a call for players. I ended up filling the entire group of 24 while the leader just sat quietly. I was also looking for tanks for about 10 minutes and then, when I finally got two and we filled up, the leader finally said he was a tank.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

AllisonLightning
02.03.2019 , 05:40 AM | #9597
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Not GF but was looking for an Ossus WB group this weekend. Got invited to a group with one other person. They changed it to an Op group and then made me a Lt. I continued doing my dailies for a few minutes when I realized the leader wasn't inviting anyone else and also wasn't advertising looking for more players. I probably should have just quit the group right there but instead I put out a call for players. I ended up filling the entire group of 24 while the leader just sat quietly. I was also looking for tanks for about 10 minutes and then, when I finally got two and we filled up, the leader finally said he was a tank.
Oh my god- the sheer stupid when you get into the Ossus WB groups, I hate running at the the best of times but it's what you have to do but the DPS who die on the droid at near full health and just stay dead there. And then there's the absolute special people who start forming a group and then ditch it to go run their dailies.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

LordSassafras
02.03.2019 , 10:21 AM | #9598
A few stories to tell, from Friday to today.

Went into a DvL boss group at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. We spent 30 minutes looking for a tank, and when we finally got one and were about to initiate summons for the rest of the group, someone right-clicked the boss and fired. A quick refresher on DvL bosses: They don't respawn after you kill them, at least not within the same duration as normal world bosses. Luckily, we were able to find another in the Black Sun area and downed it easily.

After that, did a Czerka Core Meltdown on VM. Duneclaw was irritating, wiped on it five or six times because the other DPS were undergeared and underleveled despite bolster. Following that, burned through a Nathema Conspiracy as healer (I can spec between heal and DPS on my commando main) and wiped twice on Gemini 16 before wiping the floor with Atrius on the third try.

MM Taral V as healer the next day, nothing special. Built up a 24-man WB group for Ossus, went after droid first. R8-X8 decided to reset at 40% because some dps were standing too close to the door. Switched instances, did it again without complications (except for me dying three times in a row when coming back due to INCINERATE.) Bug went off without a hitch. Then Dread Palace LBLO on my shadow tank, and despite being horrendous at tanking, the nature of the encounter made it easy.

This morning, jumped in for an EV. Here's where it gets interesting.
  • After the first boss, there was a bit of a debate whether to skip or to run through, since we didn't have a stealther, A vanguard-commando tank-healer combo made it through to get the speeder up.
  • Gharj was pulled while the offtank (the vanguard) was back at spawn due to falling into the lava in the preceding cave. He eventually made it when the boss was half down.
  • Walked into a gold acklay in the jungle area, and died promptly because I was a healer. Nobody rezzed me and proceeded to burn through the pylon boss - or at least attempted to. North group died and yelled at each other. Someone in the south group interjected in, and an argument about gearing and NiM EV back in the day broke out. Eventually they cleared the pylon boss... and I only got revived because the lootbox teleported the entire group to the vault entrance.
  • A Sage didn't know how the Infernal Council worked, and after finishing off his enemy, decided to hit everything in sight with Overload and other attacks. Second try, someone somehow pulled aggro on two bosses and we had to reset. Third try, a tank was somewhat slow on finishing his off, so we stood around and fired off single attacks every minute while waiting for him to finish.
  • Someone fell on the ledge leading into Soa's room and had to speeder back. Maintank guardian died by not being patient for heals and jumping during the first platform phase, or he may have just fallen. Another guardian dps also met the same fate, and the other commando healer died because the maintank was down and he somehow drew aggro. The maintank was rezzed, but died again due to ball lightning (I rezzed him early on, but he didn't accept it for about a minute and the time I noticed him, he was on the other side of the room), and the other healer was already dead. From there on, the offtank vanguard helped the remaining five of us through the second platform phase and final phases.

The whole EV run this morning took less than an hour, but it was still quite interesting.

Padabiene
02.04.2019 , 05:01 AM | #9599
I had an interesting EV GF run as well yesterday, entirely due to a lvl 51 Gunslinger.
First boss: he hides from us healers behind one of those pillars and at the first sign of damage he runs off into the snow. Just right off into the sunset he goes. Innovative but ultimately useless, because he dies. I rez him, but soon after he dies again. That kinda sets the tone for the rest of the run.
He dies on Gharj. Battle rez. He dies again. Stealth rez. He dies a third time.
He takes ages to catch up to us at the pylons, gets himself stuck between some rocks and it's a bit of a struggle to finally maneuver him to the correct path. But it's okay, someone else has a dc anyway. That is, until he goes straight for the puzzle und activates it right away without checking if anyone's ready.
And, you maybe guessed it, he dies almost instantly to the spawning adds. That's when I check his gear and his achievements. He has almost no armor rating, but has seen the insides of EV at least once before. Odd, but okay. Since he'd just die again I don't rez him this time.
Next boss. He runs in while we're still sorting our targets and immediately clicks the console. Oh well, it's just SM anyway, but he proceeds to kite his guy all around the room without even attempting to hit him further. The other healer dies (not the Gunslingers' fault, I guess) and the whole thing goes down the drain. That 's when the group leader has enough and just kicks him.
And I'm still not sure if he was just utterly clueless or a troll.
What do we do, panic, freak? I usually panic but I'm happy to freak.

Allronix
02.06.2019 , 12:15 PM | #9600
Under the "Murphy's Law of FP"

1. It queued me as a DPS when I was in tank gear and tank spec. Maybe I didn't have it clicked off, or maybe it's a bug (I've had both).
2. This was a good thing, as this was Master Mode Red Reaper (a first rate pain in the shebs, even on Veteran). The tank was not only underleveled (55) and undergeared (Level 50 gear), but had never run the FP before!
3. The FP was in progress, and they got to the bridge and the big bot. We managed to skate by that and up to the pyramids. Tank gets a little too close to one of the mooks I didn't stun. OOPS! And gets knocked back into second mob. OOPS!!
4. Okay. We manage to limp through that mess. Tank gets knocked off the light bridge near the door leading to the end boss. We square away the last two mooks and get into Darth Iokal's big chambers.
5. We get clobbered. Seriously. Clobbered. Healer, Tank, and I know the mechanics, but the other DPS completely ignores the "GET BEHIND THE ADD!" shouts we keep shouting at them. Iokal enrages and wipes us.
6. We try...three more times. Eventually, idiot DPS rage quits. No big loss, as they weren't following directions.
7. Tank is still undergeared. We wipe again.
8. Tank is too tired, admits defeat, and quits. It's down to healer and me.
9. Figuring we haven't got anything to lose, we pop some L50 Comps for DPS. For added irony, I broke out Theron and he breaks out Lana.

10. WE BEAT THE BOSS. Just a tank mislabled as DPS, a really good healer, two L50 comps, and knowing how to work companion mechanics so Lana and Theron didn't stand in the stupid and could get behind the chosen when targeted (set to passive, get behind mook, have them follow)

11. I friended the healer and he did the same. Figured anyone who could adequately two man that fight was totally worth running more fights with.
Alylia Terel, Satele Shan server