What is your ideal 4-man team?

Soulsabre

I'm biased on assassin tank (my main is one) but honestly the only "ideal" I would have is 4 different base classes represented on the team so that no loot that drops is wasted. Beyond that, I don't really have a dog in this fight.

I'm biased on assassin tank (my main is one) but honestly the only "ideal" I would have is 4 different base classes represented on the team so that no loot that drops is wasted. Beyond that, I don't really have a dog in this fight.

This. I have no preference aside from this AND that the dps be one ranged and one melee.

For pve:

Powertech Tank

Marauder dps

Merc dps

Sorc healer

After the patch though, maybe I'd go something like:

Assassin tank

Marauder dps

Merc dps

Operative healer

For pvp, maybe something like:

Assa tank (dps gear, aka hybrid)

Juggernaut dps (possibly replace with a marauder, but I like a jugg's utility more atm)

Operative healer

Sorc healer (or even dps)

Very much with huttball in mind, since I'm thinking of imperials and huttball on most servers is what they get, but without gimping the team in other warzones as well (like if I went all sorcs + juggs, which would work even better for huttball). 1.2 might drop sorc and jugg off my dream team though, because less huttball and quite a pesky sorc nerf, possibly replace with a marauder and a sniper/pyro powertech. Op healer + assa tank are there to stay though.

Thanks fr all the quick responses. Seems the majority favors imp side and assassin tanks.

How bout we add another layer, your ideal crew skills for said team? I'm thinking at least one biochem and maybe one player without a crafting skill so they could make money for the whole team. Thoughts?

How bout we add another layer, your ideal crew skills for said team? I'm thinking at least one biochem and maybe one player without a crafting skill so they could make money for the whole team. Thoughts?

Why would crew skill smatter? If you really worried about Crew Skills and Money, have everyone roll Biochem. You'll save a ton of money by having Reuable Stims and Adrenals.

I'd say powertech and assassin are roughly equivilent for tanking - although I tend to see more assassins I have to wonder if its because of their current FOTM status for Warzones. Powertechs have a great deal of AoE threat generation and are incredibly durable (don't have to keep spamming their shield ability like an assassin does for instance). Fewer "oh snap" buttons yes, but seemingly less need for them too. I guess it depends on how negative an impact on the reduced radius for DFA has on their initial alpha strike.

Side note: Juggernauts need more love - or maybe a little more aoe threat too - if this thread is to be believed.

Side note: Juggernauts need more love - or maybe a little more aoe threat too - if this thread is to be believed.

They definitely need some attention. I'm still shocked BW is failing to fix the class.

I'd say powertech and assassin are roughly equivilent for tanking - although I tend to see more assassins I have to wonder if its because of their current FOTM status for Warzones. Powertechs have a great deal of AoE threat generation and are incredibly durable (don't have to keep spamming their shield ability like an assassin does for instance). Fewer "oh snap" buttons yes, but seemingly less need for them too. I guess it depends on how negative an impact on the reduced radius for DFA has on their initial alpha strike.

On my Server, I see a ridiculous amount of PUG Juggernauts, but Operations MT Assassins. Powertechs are very rare. My guess as to why is not because they are FOTM, but because of Lightsabers.

One of each of the 4 classes, all played by competent players. Individual advanced class is not important... though when I heal as my Commando, I really love having a sage or scoundrel as DPS for the combat rez that I lack. Edited by Fishcatch