Stop Being a Twit!

dazednconfuzed

There are people who play your game, who don't use the forums. That's fine, they are the ones who aren't really interested in much about the game beyond where their next level/shiny is coming from.

On the other hand, you do get an awful lot of people who do come here for information. Both about existing stuff, and upcoming features and content.

So, why on Earth (or Coruscant) do all updates from the developers and staff go to Twitter first? Not everyone uses Twitter, and you do have staff whose entire job it is to look after the forums. If one of your devs can't figure out how to type an actual sentence and absolutely has to go and tweet about something, why not have your forum moderators translate this into English and post it on here.

That way, those of us who don't use twitter can use these forums for what they were intended for... giving and receiving information about the game.

Yeah the suggestion box is like a black hole for good ideas, put them in and never see them again. Its like building a tower on the sea, except every time you build a new level, the one below sinks underwater.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels like my words mean nothing

• 2 weeks later...
Signed, for what it's worth. I wish they'd spend all of their time and money working on core mechanics/bugs than twatting or posting open-ended promises and bi-monthly regurgitations of storyline pablum and grind masquerading as Legacy shinies.

There are people who play your game, who don't use the forums. That's fine, they are the ones who aren't really interested in much about the game beyond where their next level/shiny is coming from.

Sorry, but I find that a lot of the people that do not come to the forums are just playing the game and no they are not just looking for the next new shiny, but maybe a level, most often for the enjoyment.

Most who come to the forums actually troll, trash, flame, and supposedly know what is best for the game and everyone who is playing.

Leave a suggestion, but like many other suggestions, they just may not be in the plans for or work in the game.

You know why?Because the forums are easy to manipulate by trolls.Twitter and facebook not so much.Most of the planet use twitter and facebook also, so information travels much quicker cutting out the troll middlemen on forums.

When i use tech support i dont come here.I contact Bioware directly.I dont flame or troll either since its a waste of time and space.

Have fun!

Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace can all burn. Using Twitter as their primary way of releasing information and gaining feed back from players is honestly, short sighted on BWs part. Since they have a Suggestion box they should use it, and monitor it closely. In the beginning of 1.2 every smuggler complained about Corso and the Giggle. A resounding negative feedback. I have yet to hear anything about if they intend to change it back, or just ignored us.

BioWare USE the Suggestion box.

Sorry, but I find that a lot of the people that do not come to the forums are just playing the game and no they are not just looking for the next new shiny, but maybe a level, most often for the enjoyment.

Most who come to the forums actually troll, trash, flame, and supposedly know what is best for the game and everyone who is playing.

Leave a suggestion, but like many other suggestions, they just may not be in the plans for or work in the game.

That's the point of the forums, to give our opinions. WE are the consumer, as a business, knowing what your customers want is key to success. Yes, the forums have there flaws, but it is still the most effective way and it is a way that EVERYONE can use. Not everyone uses Twitter but everyone in this game has an account here.

• 1 month later...
Not everyone uses Twitter but everyone in this game has an account here.

^This.

I don't use twitter either, and I visit the forums whenever I need information about the game. What sense does it make to open a separate, third-party website for SWTOR information when I ALREADY HAVE THE OFFICIAL SWTOR WEBSITE OPEN?!

Is it so impossible to have the information made available BOTH at Twitter and the website??? :confused::confused::confused:

^This.

I don't use twitter either, and I visit the forums whenever I need information about the game. What sense does it make to open a separate, third-party website for SWTOR information when I ALREADY HAVE THE OFFICIAL SWTOR WEBSITE OPEN?!

Is it so impossible to have the information made available BOTH at Twitter and the website??? :confused::confused::confused:

:csw_trooper: I agree also, never had a Twitter account and closed my Facebook one over a year ago, every other MMO I have played kept their player base up to date via the games forum (developer) page. :csw_fett: