Doing HM TFB, stuck on Operator 9.

Greetings. Last night my guild was attempting to do the 3rd boss, Operator 9 we continually failed. Most of us are in complete 168 or full 180 gear, easily better than what is required. However the raid leaders felt we did not have the dps to do this fight. Myself and a few others then went to view some Utube videos and in all those videos the fights appear to give far more seconds of time than what we seem to get.

We keep getting a rectifier on orange phase. I know this means we are not meeting the timers.

This seems to be one fight where you need careful coordination of the raid regardless of how overpowered the members are.

Greetings. Last night my guild was attempting to do the 3rd boss, Operator 9 we continually failed. Most of us are in complete 168 or full 180 gear, easily better than what is required. However the raid leaders felt we did not have the dps to do this fight. Myself and a few others then went to view some Utube videos and in all those videos the fights appear to give far more seconds of time than what we seem to get.

We keep getting a rectifier on orange phase. I know this means we are not meeting the timers.

This seems to be one fight where you need careful coordination of the raid regardless of how overpowered the members are.

In 180 gear you could probably auto attack and beat the enrage timer, you only need to be pulling something like 2k on a dummy to have the required DPS for this fight. I would say tactics and raid awareness could be more of the issue here, are all the DPS not channelling attacking cores as soon as they are down? Are tanks keeping adds away from the button?

It's easy for raid leaders to blame DPS when someone else is not doing their job, I seriously doubt general DPS output is that much of an issue at your gear level unless you happen to be really bad at your class/rotations.

There is a certain damage factor that you need to meet to avoid getting Rectifiers, but more than gear the question is about raid awareness, as was said.

When you begin the fight you have all the time in the world to kill the adds and have the blue players pick their orbs. The timer begins when the blue panel is pushed. So get your DPS ready on the cores the instant the panel is pushed to get the most benefit of the time available. When Orange phase starts, make sure you get the other player to the middle and the other to the panel as quickly as possible. The timer is running even if the panel hasn't been pushed (unlike in the Blue phase). Again, the DPS that are available should head to the cores immediately. The same goes for the next two phases.

What you must understand, though, is that the phases get quicker and quicker the further you get. So each phase has a tighter DPS schedule than the one before it. There are a couple of ways to circumvent this. What my guild has been doing is having the two best DPS be Blue and the two "worst" DPS be Orange. Now the lowest DPS is there to take care of the phase that has the most time available, and the two best pick up the pace in the second phase with their higher output. All four DPS are now available for the last two phases, and you really should be getting the Cores down quite quickly. Healers stand at the middle on Purple and Yellow, while Tanks click the panels. Both phases are quite easily solo-tankable as long as both healers are aware of the situation, and the possibility of Trauma (less incoming heals on tanks) from the Champions.

If you still can't pass the DPS checks sufficiently, there is one extra thing you can do that will help a LOT: fail Purple phase on purpose. Get the other Core down and get the other as low as possible, then have the DPS help on adds (the other tank can stop clicking at this point). Once you kill the Rectifier that spawns ("penalty add"), tank clicks again, DPS finish the Core and with a swap as smooth as possible you get the Yellow phase Cores open and the DPS can start pounding on them right away.

When the Cores go down, finish the Champion adds while the other tank (Yellow usually) takes the boss. This is where things get interesting however, with Color Deletion. :rak_03:

Edited by Memo-

Hi there,

Could you please explain how you proceed during the fight ? Whos middle, pressing blue,orange, purple and yellow commands ?

It could be easier to help you with a video of your tries.

Every group I've seen has a different strategy as far as who channels and who stands in mid. This is how I've had success most reliably:

1) Blue - Tank in mid, strongest dps channel

-Kill the 2 patrol adds while the Blue people get their orbs.

-After that, Blue people go to their roles. The tanks and healers kill the little adds while DPS get the cores.

2) Orange - Tank in mid, second strongest dps channel

-Orange people go to their positions and start channeling/standing in mid.The channeler is supposed to look for their orb and target it while they channel, that way they can kill it immediately as soon as the color changes. The person in mid kills their orb as soon as they can target it.

-The free tank gets the first Regulator that spawns, bringing it to mid so that the other tank and the healers can help DPS it. When the second Regulator spawns the tank in mid picks it up. It's critical for the tanks to interrupt "End of Line" so that the healers can spend as much time as possible DPSing, not healing. Ideally the Regulators should be near half health when Purple starts.

3) Purple - Healer in mid, DPS channel

-At the start of purple phase all DPS come to mid to quickly kill the Regulators, ignoring the little adds that have spawned. Purple people start channeling/standing immediately after the Regulators are dead.

-If your DPS is good and the tanks/healers have gotten the Regulators low enough, you wont fail this phase. If you do fail it, immediately pause all DPS on the cores to avoid starting the next add wave. Have the DPS kill the Rectifier that spawns, then kill the cores to start the next color.

4) Yellow - Healer in mid, DPS channel

-Just like in Orange phase, have the tanks pick up the Regulators individually while the healers help to DPS them as much as possible. You need to have at least one of the Regulators dead when Yellow phase ends so that one tank can pick up the boss immediately.

Hi there,

Could you please explain how you proceed during the fight ? Whos middle, pressing blue,orange, purple and yellow commands ?

It could be easier to help you with a video of your tries.

The strategies that are typically used for the SM, HM and NM versions of the Operator IX fight are actually quite different from each other, which makes the fight a bit unusual in the game. For HM, this is the set-up that my guild uses, and which I have seen used in essentially every group I have been in.

BLUE 70 seconds

Middle: DPS

Clicker: Healer (most skilled of the two healers)

ORANGE 60 seconds

Middle: DPS (ranged preferable)

Clicker: Tank (most skilled of the two tanks)

PURPLE 50 seconds

Middle: DPS

Clicker: Healer

YELLOW 40 seconds

Middle: DPS (ranged preferable)

Clicker: Tank

The key to clearing the first part of the fight with the cores is two-fold;

1. Clear Blue, Orange and Yellow phases without failing to prevent spawning a Rectifier (Purple can be cleared without failing as well if your team's DPS is high enough and everything is running smoothly.)
  2. You must have all adds be clean (i.e. dead) in the middle as you transition into Orange and Yellow phases.

Not failing colour phases

To be able to achieve Point 1, you have to have all members of your team coordinated and aware of exactly what their individual roles are at each moment of the fight. The players assigned to the middle and to click for each colour phase must bring down the core shields as soon as possible when each colour phase begins. This means within one to two seconds of the beginning of each colour phase. If it takes four seconds to expose the cores in Yellow Phase, you've just lost 10% of the total time in the phase that DPS gets to work on the cores. The more time that the core shields are up at the beginning of a phase, the higher the likelihood of failing that phase.

As well, the clickers cannot be interrupted by adds stunning/attacking them in HM. This is a high-pressure tank fight where your tanks need to be performing their job and have complete control over the adds at all times. Remember, the adds in this fight only respond to being taunted. Having a tank run over and smack an add that's heading towards a clicker will do nothing to stop it. It has to be taunted.

Keeping adds clean

To be able to achieve Point 2, you need excellent raid awareness, DPS management, and communication from your group. You goal is to kill the second core of any phase only when the adds in the middle are dead. You do not want to bring adds from one colour phase into the next one, especially Blue and Purple adds.

First, every person on the team must set the Master Controller (hologram in the middle of the room) as their Focus Target. The Master Controller is channeling each colour phase (Purple Scalene, Orange Scalene, etc.) and the time left on its channel will tell you exactly how much time you have left to kill the cores. Every person on your team needs to be able to see this information at a glance, so use Focus Target.

Second, you want to use all the available time in a given colour phase to kill adds before transitioning into the next phase. For example, in Blue Phase, if you have killed one core, the other core is at 30% HP, you have 20 seconds left in the phase and two adds just spawned you should not kill the second core. Instead, you leave one DPS on the remaining core to whittle it down to ~2K HP and send the other two DPS to the middle to kill the adds that just spawned. Then, the moment you kill the adds and give the "all clear," the DPS who stayed at the second core does one attack and kills the core on demand. You have now cleanly transitioned into Orange phase.

As another example, if you were in Orange Phase with one or two Regulators up, one core has been killed, the second core is at 20% HP and you have 15 seconds left in the phase, you should only keep one DPS on the remaining core to whittle it down to ~2K HP and send the other two DPS to the middle to work on the Regulators for the remaining 15 seconds of the phase. You're only hurting yourself by ending Orange Phase earlier than necessary.

In any phase, the second core should only die if the adds in the middle are clear OR you have less than five seconds remaining in the phase (because, again, you do not want to fail Blue, Orange or Yellow.)

Third, your group must communicate. The tanks should be updating the core DPS on whether new adds just spawned, if the adds are about to die and if the adds are clear so that the core DPS can make the correct decisions about killing cores. The core DPS should be updating the tanks on the core HP percentages so that the tanks know how the phase is progressing. Even though everyone has the Master Controller set as their Focus Target and can see the remaining time in each colour phase, the person clicking the panel should also be calling out the Master Controller time to keep everyone updated anyway. There are many "live" decisions that have to be made in the fight based on the exact situation at hand, so the more information everyone has to guide their decisions, the better.

Orange and Yellow Phase Regulators

With one tank clicking in the Orange and Yellow phases, that means there is only one tank available to handle the Regulators that spawn during those phases. Here are some pointers on the mechanics:

• If the person a Regulator is aggroed on is more than four meters away from them, they will do a long-distance stun on that person.
  • The Regulators have a two-second casted "End of Line" attack that will knock-back and stun the person it is casted on. It should be interrupted every time is it cast, alternating between the free tank and the DPS in the middle who is attacking it. Healers can interrupt these casts as well if they're really on their game. Healer interrupts are especially useful when two Regulators are on one tank and there are multiple End of Line casts to be interrupted.
  • When the second Regulator spawns it must be instantly taunted by the free tank, even if they still have the first Regulator on them. They are protecting the clicker (i.e. the other tank) from being stunned if the Regulator chooses to aggro on them.

Therefore, the free tank should be standing close to the Regulator spawn point so that do not get stunned when they taunt either Regulator onto themself. Ranged DPS being in the middle is helpful on Orange and Yellow phases since the free tank will be able to stay closer to the Regulator spawn point while still permitting the add(s) to be attacked. Healers should be aware that the free tank will be taking a lot of damage, especially when they are tanking two Regulators, and even more so if they are hit by an End of Line cast.

Failing Purple Phase

If your overall DPS isn't strong enough you will likely not be able to kill the Orange cores in the available time AND have the Orange Regulators clean in mid by the time Purple Phase starts. Therefore your priority should be to clear Orange Phase without failing and spawning a Rectifier. You will bring a Regulator into the start of Purple phase. All DPS should kill the remaining Orange Regulator before bringing the Purple core shields down. Taking the extra time to clean up adds at the beginning of Purple Phase means that you will likely not have enough time to kill the cores without failing. Therefore, after the failure, have all DPS come back to the middle to kill all adds, including the Rectifier that spawns. Once those adds are clean, re-click to bring the Purple core shields down again and kill the remaining Purple core to start Yellow Phase.

Colour spheres

Here is the method to use to pick up the colour spheres:

• BLUE: Both people pick up their spheres as the very first thing they do in the fight.
  • ORANGE: DPS stands in mid and kills their sphere before attacking the Regulator. This is trickier for a melee DPS. Clicker clicks first and only picks up their sphere when the next phase begins.
  • PURPLE: If you plan to fail Purple phase then both people pick up their spheres as soon as Purple Phase starts. If you don't plan on failing the phase, it is the same as Orange.
  • YELLOW: DPS stands in mid and kills their sphere before attacking the Regulator. This is trickier for a melee DPS. The clicker (i.e. tank) has a different sequence: A) click immediately B) single-taunt the boss onto yourself once Yellow Phase is cleared C) wait until the other tank is free from tanking Regulator adds and single-taunts the boss off you D) pick up your sphere.

There are other tips and tricks for the second phase of the fight once the boss spawns, but I'll leave you with that for now.

Here is

back when we were all in Arkanians (162). There are a few small mistakes as compared to the above strategy guide, but all the important parts of the framework are there.

Best of luck!

70, 60, 55, and 50 seconds for the timers...at least I think. It's been a while.

Keep your strongest DPS free for the last two rounds. Two DPS that can each solo a core for the last two rounds makes this fight much easier. That leaves one DPS free to help with adds and another for channel duty. Having both tanks and healers free (as in not tied up channeling) for the shortest rounds is kinda nice.

This fight takes some practice, even if you're overgeared. It takes a few tries to get people in the right pairs, for people to get used to picking up their color drone ASAP, to dealing efficiently with adds. There are a fair amount of moving parts to deal with so don't get discouraged after just one night.

In 180 gear you could probably auto attack and beat the enrage timer, you only need to be pulling something like 2k on a dummy to have the required DPS for this fight. I would say tactics and raid awareness could be more of the issue here, are all the DPS not channelling attacking cores as soon as they are down? Are tanks keeping adds away from the button?

It's easy for raid leaders to blame DPS when someone else is not doing their job, I seriously doubt general DPS output is that much of an issue at your gear level unless you happen to be really bad at your class/rotations.

My 2$ they are ultra slow on panel chanelling after initial blue phase have crap deeps and 0 raid awareness, add to this mix tanks who dont know to do their job (channelers getting interrupted) and we have a superwipefest

Improve that and it's done.

this ops was for 162 gear.ç

I guess his full 180 peps are 40+k health :eek: . oriconian endurance ****

Edited by Dark_Mithrandir