6.1.2 broke the game

HaemmernZeit

Hi there, after getting home from work I downloaded the new patch and have not been able to play. I keep seeing the quick play mode no matter what I've done (https://i.imgur.com/r92rcGy.png). Stuck at 0.00% downloaded.

I have tried exiting out and relaunching the game, deleting bitraider, restarting my pc, using the EA repair guide, and making a new character. I tried them multiple times to no avail. Still stuck at 0.00%.

As a last resort I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. I still have the same problem. Someone in Discord suggested deleting the contents of the bitraider config folder, to force a repair. And that didn't work. Restarting again (4th time tonight?) didn't work again either.

Any help from BioWare would be greatly appreciated.

I finally found a fix.

I had to follow this video:

is the video i used

when i opened up C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic there was a file named launcher. I had to right click and "open with" and select notepad in order to change the bitraider_disable line to true. This caused the game to redownload some stuff and took about 2 hours. Use this as a last resort.

The update does more bad than good.

I was now allowed to spend 500k credits on all chars and sometimes had to level the professions from 600 again.

Thank you that cost me over 5 million.

Then the Mercenary was made unplayable.

Before he was a good area heal now he can not do that anymore.

But hey, Kolto Shot gets a useless Heal over time, that is useless he is not a HOT heal.

Makes the mercenary like before the patch. All 3 healers were balanced.

Thanks to you, the mercenary / command is now useless.

Thanks for nothing BioWare

Can confirm this worked for me too, thanks for posting it!

Download took forever to finish; around 7-8 hours (I have 500mb internet) but game seems to be working again now.

I finally found a fix.

I had to follow this video:

is the video i used

when i opened up C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic there was a file named launcher. I had to right click and "open with" and select notepad in order to change the bitraider_disable line to true. This caused the game to redownload some stuff and took about 2 hours. Use this as a last resort.

I am so pissed because I have this problem in the last 3 days. First I looked for a fix and changed something in services.msc. After that I was able to play. Next day I played the game and left my computer for 2 hours and got back. Yea, imagine my reaction after I saw this nonesense again!!!! I was furious. Then I followed the instruction in the link provided here in this topic. Today I played again and now after a break I see this "stuf" AGAIN I cant play because of that problem. When I was looking in the launcher settings if was again set to default despite read only option. Ofc, because every time you start the game you get a windows pop where the program asks to make changes. I must say yes, otherwise I cant play. So, now I cant play because of morons who are destroying my game exp. Freaking BitRaider and EA taking my subscriber money but in retung giving me hard times and making me furious! I demand a fix for this s....

I'm having the same issue. I'd even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it only worked briefly and now I can only play on some level 3 toon I'd made. *Update* I can confirm that this previous post...

"Quote: Originally Posted by HaemmernZeit View Post

I finally found a fix. I had to follow this video:

is the video i used"... seems to work. I am currently downloading so fingers crossed. Edited by Turtley
Update

When I logged in, I had this damned bar in the middle of my screen. How do I get rid of it?! I can't even see my chat box anymore. And I can't see the pop-up anyway because it disappears into the top of my screen. What is the point of it if you can't even see it once it's open?!

Same story, Different Day.

Ok Bio, I realize issues occur, but I expect at the very least you would post something telling your customer base that you are aware of the issue.

I also expect some information from Customer Support on what actual actions we should take to reconcile this issue.

I did open a Ticket reporting the issue from the character selection screen in hopes that it gets some form of official response.

In my search of the web site in hopes of finding some information on the issue I noticed there is a "Test Server", I would presume that just possibly your Technical Staff might consider actually Testing a patch before committing your customer base to it and that your tests might possibly reveal some issues.

As a Process Engineer I highly recommend such actions. I also recommend some analytical tools your technical staff might employ once issues are found. Analytical tools such as a Taguchi Diagram, 5Y and possibly 8D analysis to allow you to navigate to the Root Cause of the issue and perform an appropriate Failure Analysis to reveal potential containment and corrective action strategies. I would also highly recommend staffing competent Software Engineers that are appropriately educated and experienced in these forms of activities with respect to the system you are managing.

If your Technical Staff is interested in learning more about these powerful analytical tools and how to employ them to correct this issue I would be willing to forgo any consultation fees I normally charge as I really enjoy playing this Cartoon Space Game and anxiously await the time when I can enjoy it again.

Kind Regards,

NubbyBlue

Day 3 of not being able to play, getting the run around from tech support for a failure that I don't believe that they even understand.

I am running a XFX AMD Radeon™ RX 590 Fatboy.

Anybody else running one and actually playing something other than the starter worlds?

• 3 weeks later...
yep this makes my 3rd day locked out of ToR what fun. Tried all the "fixes" no luck here so we wait and see how long this bug takes to fix. if it goes for more than a week guess the force wont be with us anymore and neither will I

I got this issue last night, Out of the blue.

Tried 'everything' without success, so I said to my self, "Ah, screw it...".

Went to bed, woke up to day, just to check... ...Lo and behold, the game was working again.

What is this sorcery? A trick to fool people into creating new toons?

yep this makes my 3rd day locked out of ToR what fun. Tried all the "fixes" no luck here so we wait and see how long this bug takes to fix. if it goes for more than a week guess the force wont be with us anymore and neither will I

Maybe we need to speak with our money and stop supporting the game, see how fast their get off their butts.

Edited by Krikos