Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

lordofdamornin
04.19.2012 , 10:32 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by getdownsb View Post
The people complaining about a dramatic increase in TTK must be wearing PvE gear in PvP. I notice very little, if any difference in TTK from 1.1.5 to 1.2. The biggest difference is that having a healer on you that is facerolling their keyboard no longer grants you godmode, and healers can't herp derp and facetank 5 people at once. Granted, the GOOD healers I know are right back to being an essential part of the PvP group and dramatically increasing your uptime, it's only the mediocre ones that are still crying.

Fix your gear, learn to play, stop making incorrect assumptions about game mechanics.
Rit -

Psiwolf
04.19.2012 , 10:45 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
They have painted themselves into a corner with the current game. It is all balanced around their "tight" enrage timers for raiding now. Nothing else in the game matters. They cannot nerf dps nor buff healing with the current state of raiding. This is what you get when you design to dumb things down. DPS does x healing does y and it only matters what it looks like on a spread sheet.
You're wrong. This is what the expertise stat is for, to be able to balance pvp damage/prevention/healing. This is why expertise has a different scaling effect on these 3 things, so they can be tweaked individually.
Please Guard Me In PvP!
(Un)Official Rakata Mind Prison Forums:
http://www.rakatamindprison.com

pathiss
04.19.2012 , 11:00 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by getdownsb View Post
The people complaining about a dramatic increase in TTK must be wearing PvE gear in PvP. I notice very little, if any difference in TTK from 1.1.5 to 1.2. The biggest difference is that having a healer on you that is facerolling their keyboard no longer grants you godmode, and healers can't herp derp and facetank 5 people at once. Granted, the GOOD healers I know are right back to being an essential part of the PvP group and dramatically increasing your uptime, it's only the mediocre ones that are still crying.

Fix your gear, learn to play, stop making incorrect assumptions about game mechanics.
Your post tells me that you were the one face rolling and couldnt understand how to use interrupts to shut sorcerer healers down. Sadly BW listened to you and other horrible players like you.

EclipseWraith
04.19.2012 , 11:05 AM | #144
bioware i would like to know this as well. Do you attend for TTK to remain this way?
support the War Effort www.twitch.tv/infinity_red
OldInfinity Level 50 Juggernaut
OldGreed Level 50 Assassin
Old Republic War

Arkerus
04.19.2012 , 11:22 AM | #145
Loving 1.2 Leave it where it is, Bioware.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Yeke
04.19.2012 , 11:23 AM | #146
Also would like a response to this question.

WaywardOne
04.19.2012 , 11:29 AM | #147
Long fights like the one where my guardian did 500k damage mostly to 1 healer and got 2kbs and 7 kills total and no one capped the middle turret in Alderan will forever be burned into my brain as the worst possible pvp nightmare ever.

That was not "tactical" pvp it was stupid, completely non-immersive, boring to watch and very non-starwarsy. I'm typing this on a phone or I'd present a more detailed examination of people's use of the word "tactical" to justify op'd healing.

1.2 made me much happier with the game and the pvp.

Rollento
04.19.2012 , 11:32 AM | #148
Quote:
Long fights like the one where my guardian did 500k damage mostly to 1 healer and got 2kbs and 7 kills total and no one capped the middle turret in Alderan will forever be burned into my brain as the worst possible pvp nightmare ever.
Again, this occurred due to infinite resources, which healers do not have anymore. They fixed this, but further changes weren't needed. Especially the alacrity buff to deliverance change. Honestly TTK is lowered from several things. BioWare's too scared to come out and say why. Either because they don't know, or they just don't care about their community.

starwarsfanguy
04.19.2012 , 11:34 AM | #149
/Signed

Pvp just does not feel fun anymore people die to fast,

Oh right in sorry I need to L2P my bad!!
SPOILER ALERT ! THE LIGHT SIDE WINS

Krenzik
04.19.2012 , 12:15 PM | #150
I haven't played today on the new patch, but it's my understanding based on the patch notes that reward compensation is closer to what it was pre 1.2. Now, I'm in agreement TTK is out of control now bigtime, and I wanted to also clarify something else that I've seen quoted throughout the thread.

Juggernauts didn't get any additional buffs beyond the same dps buffs a marauder received. As a tank spec jug, my defense has been severely nerfed. When I pop my bubble around a marauder or another dps and go into the field I last more than two seconds-- but I last now maybe seven or eight seconds. Defense has been nerfed significantly to the point there's no use even casting saber ward anymore. Pre 1.2 I'd have a couple seconds once engaged in combat once I popped saber ward to attempt a stun, interrupt or an offensive move. Now, it's like I don't even have protections like saberward and invincible. For me, I don't see a problem with increasing marauder's dps, since their defense is literally their offense, but doing so only works if you leave defense alone.

And to those who think Bioware is caving to forum qq, remember this: In any fan community, the most vocal don't often represent what the broad consensus of the audience thinks. There was evidently far more outrage over pvp that was never shown in the forums by subscribers, otherwise they would not have rolled back the reward system with this most recent patch.

The people trolling and flexing their pseudointellectual muscles about how awesome pvp is now and to just punish those who don't want to waste their time, are evidently not the ones they need to listen to.

REVERT TTK! BRING BACK REAL STRATEGY!

Oh... and about all this chain stun bs and the broken resolve system... well, that's for another series of paragraphs.
XIII - The 13th Tribe - - The Fatman Server
Neurok - Marauder/Lygia - Jug/Tyranee - Merc