Requesting Compensation

Lunafox

I'm not the sort to complain overly much or make demands, but in the case of this last update, I think I'm within my rights as a subscriber to request compensation for time lost. The launch was delayed, the content full of bugs and problems, and now this latest patch has rendered the game unlaunch-able.

I'm from Canada and I'm getting annoyed with this. I feel very badly for our European friends who seem to have it even worse.

I don't think random coin giveaways are enough, although I appreciate that Musco tried. I think all subs should be given two-three extra days of play time on their subs. We were promised early access and we really haven't gotten the chance to enjoy it much.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I was a slow poke and didn't get any of the downtime funtime codes, I do appreciate also that Musco tried to alleviate the stress of the situation. Hats off to the more deft copy/pasters among you.

As far as compensation goes for lost time, that's about as likely as a cable television company paying you for a cable outage, probably less.

Probably not even going to get an answer.

OR

It'll be somewhere in the terms of service about not being liable for compensation. Good luck trying though.

Well, if you don't ask you don't get. Neither my hubby or I, both of us subs, or for that matter a whole host of people complaining in other threads can't get in to play.

Promising early access with a sub and not giving it is the same as false advertising. I would like to be compensated for the time i was promised by keeping our subs active.

They need to do something to keep up good will, cause quite frankly at this point, it's pretty much shot, and I'm fairly patient.

Edited by Lunafox

I'm not the sort to complain overly much or make demands, but in the case of this last update, I think I'm within my rights as a subscriber to request compensation for time lost. The launch was delayed, the content full of bugs and problems, and now this latest patch has rendered the game unlaunch-able.

I'm from Canada and I'm getting annoyed with this. I feel very badly for our European friends who seem to have it even worse.

I don't think random coin giveaways are enough, although I appreciate that Musco tried. I think all subs should be given two-three extra days of play time on their subs. We were promised early access and we really haven't gotten the chance to enjoy it much.

Divide your sub price by the number of hours in a month. Its under a quarter. If this is an actual issue, I'm not even sure how to comprehend your life.

Divide your sub price by the number of hours in a month. Its under a quarter. If this is an actual issue, I'm not even sure how to comprehend your life.

Well, it's time lost none the less, you don't need to comprehend my life, or what I value in it. I think it's fair that compensation be given for the time lost.

Promises were made and they weren't lived up to. Maybe I'm funny like that, when I make a promise, I tend to live up to it. I promised them money, provided it, they got it...and yet they're to hold up their end.

Now, this is a reasonable request. I entered this thread trepidatious about finding another belligerent rant demanding a rebate of subscription fees, lost wages for days taken off work to play, and the developer's first-born child. But, no, my concerns were folly. A few days added to one's subscription. That is fair ... and, I believe, likely to happen.

I doubt EA/BW cares about things that are ... from their perspective ... working as intended (such as the "nesting dolls" of chance cubes). But access to the game is not WAI, and they know it. I will not be surprised if they acknowledge that somehow. And I would expect them to make that decision once the world returns to its axis.

I agree that the patch days probably ought to be compensated for with more game time, at least if the patch has major issues. If for no other reason than to make the time be for actual playable time rather than when the servers are down.

While I tend to hate comparing games, and this also ties into out of game issues, I remember a few years back when there was the massive windstorm that knocked out power and internet connections of all sorts through a few states in the midwest, Blizzard essentially paused all subscriptions in the effected areas due to it.

Ended up with a lot of goodwill towards them from players at the time.

In all honesty, the only things I could see on top of the time being something like a set of Event rewards if one is being run.

For example, the reputation trophies for THORN and DNA canisters as if you'd done the event dailies for the current one, and something similar for the Bounty or Gree ones. Because that's a month before you can do more, and that's punishing for those trying to get Lokin or similar things.

Compensation should be for performing a public beta test under the guise of an upgrade.

I agree completely. Activate the PTR and let us test content before it is deployed so these type fiascos don't keep happening. And I think if nothing less, we should be compensated for 2 days of interrupted play time due to updates and interrupted play time. I think any subscriber should get 2 days added to their subscription. Just my two cents :)

Actually, that's a pretty poor analogy. Most people aren't going to or capable of playing their sub to the level of time you are proposing we divide. What you are paying for is reasonable access of the game for the duration of the subscription.

As far as I understand it, they wont use the PTR because they dont want KOTFE spoilers to get out...

-que image of a bunch of Gollums in Bioware Tshirts hugging PC towers tightly yelling "Our preciouses! Tricksy playerses wants to steals our storieses!-

Too bad they couldnt just, you know, make it so the actual chapter itself wont start/disable the start button but let everything else be testable... but apparently that logic is too much for them to comprehend...

Edited by XiamaraSimi