Update on Roadmap

KeithKanneg

Well not that this thread started strong...but it sure aint ending well....

On topic I am really hoping for a decently complete road map....so far we haven't seen anything I care one bit about. But I aint holding my breath.

Breathe for god sake, Breathe!!

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what I read from your comments is we need to offer a new Character Perk - "Vehicle Collision Prevention". I'll look into it. <grin>

You promised us class changes.. where are they? Maybe stop focusing on small isues (yeah iam looking on Theron Shan's outfits),and start do what most of the players want? Class imbalance,numerous buggs makes this game unplayable actually. Yesterday i fought 5 mercs on warzone, yay....

Well not that this thread started strong...but it sure aint ending well....

On topic I am really hoping for a decently complete road map....so far we haven't seen anything I care one bit about. But I aint holding my breath.

Couldn't agree more! The changes i see in this thread are actually minor and useless (Theron outfit?buying tier one for command points which is useless for me since tier 2 now sales for uc without tier 1 requirement? - all minor and don't fix problems) Maybe it's time for class balance? Legacy wide command system?legacy unessembled components? Players need it ASAP

You promised us class changes.. where are they? Maybe stop focusing on small isues (yeah iam looking on Theron Shan's outfits),and start do what most of the players want? Class imbalance,numerous buggs makes this game unplayable actually. Yesterday i fought 5 mercs on warzone, yay....

Query: Maybe stop jumping to the conclusion that the only things to be done are small things and wait for the entire roadmap to see everything that will be done?

Statement: As someone that mains a Tactics Vanguard, I know the annoyance of the current class balance all too well and would really really really appreciate some changes. But jumping to the conclusion that it's not being focused on or claiming that it's "unplayable", which would mean you can't even load the game, doesn't do any good. Especially when it was stated that the roadmap "isn't all bling".

The problem with your statement is that you say most want this and not Theron's outfit changed when I could point you to threads that have requested this quite a few times and they could say that most wanted this as well. The problem in saying most is what you and your circle of people you play with want.

Someone else's circle could want the something very different.

With regard to my circle, pvp is not that important to us. We do pvp very occasionally so what happens in pvp isn't that important to us in what we do. For you it probably is.

We have yet to find anything that makes the game unplayable for us.

Edited by casirabit

Presumption, in the absence of fact (note: the roadmap has not yet been shared with us), is an irrational approach to anything in life.

Now.. after the roadmap is released, and discussed, and the facts disclosed are not to your liking.....then you can get your jimmies in a bunch and go full-postal.

Keith made it clear in a recent post that he intends the roadmap to cover all segments of the game, that he would comment on each segment and their plans, and that would clearly include class changes (since they appear to integral to PvP angst and ranting).

Speculation: based on your apparent attitude.... nothing they do in the form of class changes will suit you.

Edited by Andryah

I'll tell you one thing, my sub ends today. I won't be re-upping until I see the roadmap. After so many "mistakes" made by the devs recently I have 0 faith or trust.

I'm not even sure I'd believe the roadmap, frankly. But at least it's something.

Presumption, in the absence of fact (note: the roadmap has not yet been shared with us), is an irrational approach to anything in life.

Now.. after the roadmap is released, and discussed, and the facts disclosed are not to your liking.....then you can get your jimmies in a bunch and go full-postal.

Keith made it clear in a recent post that he intends the roadmap to cover all segments of the game, that he would comment on each segment and their plans, and that would clearly include class changes (since they appear to integral to PvP angst and ranting).

Speculation: based on your apparent attitude.... nothing they do in the form of class changes will suit you.

You can write whatever you want, although class balance and fixing buggs are the issue which must be fixed ASAP. And all i see is minor changes, a d the absence of full roadmap is also a problem, since people are loosing hope to see real changes: online on all servers shrinking so fast that it's unreal even to count it.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know I’m still on target to deliver the SWTOR Roadmap this month. I will share with you the direction for each SWTOR gameplay area, our plans for improving a variety of in-game experiences, and insight into how we’ll be communicating with you going forward. In the meantime, I’d like to continue providing you with a weekly update.

Last week, I gave you a few of the highlights for the next game update coming in June (5.2.2); here’s another one – You’ll now be able to customize Theron’s outfit!

---Keith

June is quickly approaching. Will the roadmap still be coming in May?

• Dev Post
June is quickly approaching. Will the roadmap still be coming in May?
Yes, that's the plan. It's completed and going through the normal review processes. Also, not sure how spending a few days with my Dad translated to 3 weeks of unannounced vacation, but after reading some of the comments, that's starting to sound like an awesome idea. :D

---Keith

Yes, that's the plan. It's completed and going through the normal review processes. Also, not sure how spending a few days with my Dad translated to 3 weeks of unannounced vacation, but after reading some of the comments, that's starting to sound like an awesome idea. :D

---Keith

Keith,

Haven't you figured out the forums sometimes? A few days winds up being weeks to them. Good job and have a good night.

---Keith

Well I would point to that discussion but it appears to have been deleted.

edit: Found it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9302720&postcount=108

Edited by dr_mike

Well I would point to that discussion but it appears to have been deleted.

edit: Found it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9302720&postcount=108

Except in his comment he said he took a few days off as evidenced by this. He said he took a few days off over two weeks not that he took the whole two weeks just a few days, which is different from two week or three weeks. Now I am not going to argue over this.

Hey everyone,

Wanted to provide an update on my first Producer Roadmap, but getting it published is taking longer than I anticipated. Partly my own fault, as my Dad came to visit and I took a few days off over the past couple of weeks to spend time with him. This ultimately slowed my progress but I am back in full swing now and pushing to get the roadmap completed.

I honestly thought I would have had the roadmap done and communicated already, but, I realistically need more time to finalize it. Translated: That means end of this month, but with full intention of delivering it sooner. <sad face> This is not something I wanted to tell you, but I promised to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening.

While you continue to wait, here’s a few highlights of Game Update 5.2.2 scheduled for mid-June (yes, in 2017):

The Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event returns with old and some awesome new rewards

New Character Perks to increase your speeder piloting speed to 120% and 130%

Companions will gain influence through standard crew skill missions

Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens – this means you can obtain a full bonus gear set for under 800 Command Tokens. You will be able to choose the type of gear you want to purchase (DPS, Tank, or Healer).

We made a variety of changes to Galactic Starfighter – primarily aimed at reducing the cost, increasing requisition rewards, and offering all players a Gunship and Bomber as standard ships (available in your hangar).

I will continue to pass on roadmap updates as I have them. We do have an exciting year ahead of us and I look forward to sharing it you.

---Keith

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9302353#edit9302353

---Keith

Thanks for keeping us up to date, it is appreciated. I think it's nice that you spent time with your Dad too. The forums tend to make mountains out of molehills sometimes, and that's why I probably wouldn't share too much personal info here. :)

@Keith

You're pretty much the only reason I'm still subbed, for what it's worth. Keep up the good work, buddy. :)

EDIT: Musco is pretty cool too (can't have him getting jealous :p).

Edited by teclado

Keith,

Haven't you figured out the forums sometimes? A few days winds up being weeks to them. Good job and have a good night.

The other forum phenomenon is every...single...word...by a dev or other BW employee equals an ironclad promise. People conflate everything said as a promise and if the thing they imagined was a promise doesn't happen, they take it as BW deliberately breaking the imagined promise in order to personally hurt the person who imagined the promise.

I think a lot of people don't know what the word actually means. Like, literally ;)

You can write whatever you want, although class balance and fixing buggs are the issue which must be fixed ASAP. And all i see is minor changes, a d the absence of full roadmap is also a problem, since people are loosing hope to see real changes: online on all servers shrinking so fast that it's unreal even to count it.

Error 404: Accuracy of all counts not found.

Quit or Retry?