Rate the Class Stories

MorganaV

So, like the thread title says, rate the class stories in order from your favorite to least favorite.

I already know from other topics that it seems most people enjoy Imperial Agent the best, and I got to agree with that, the story really is the most interesting of those I've played.

So rate the ones you've played, lets see how many people feel the same. Plus it would give me a pretty good idea which to play next, lol.

So, like the thread title says, rate the class stories in order from your favorite to least favorite.

I already know from other topics that it seems most people enjoy Imperial Agent the best, and I got to agree with that, the story really is the most interesting of those I've played.

So rate the ones you've played, lets see how many people feel the same. Plus it would give me a pretty good idea which to play next, lol.

Agent

Warrior

Smuggler

Trooper

Bounty Hunter

Inquisitor

Knight

Consular

Story ranking:

Agent

Warrior

Inquisitor

Knight

Smuggler

Bounty Hunter

Trooper

If I also factored in dialogue and voice acting, I'd put smuggler just below warrior.

Warrior storyline is really excellent, great pacing and characters. Agent story is unique because unlike the other classes your choices early on affect your final outcome.

Edited by Projawa

LS Agent

Neutral Warrior

Neutral Smuggler

DS Inquisitor

LS Consular

LS Knight

I would say that my LS fem agent story should be made into a movie. It was that good.

Sith Warrior and Smuggler were great in their own unique ways. The Warrior was definitely the best roleplay experience. Your choices seemed to have mattered more. The smuggler was just comedy.

The bottom 3 weren't inherently bad. Just nothing stood out to make them good. The Inquisitor story could've been a lot more about the mysteries of the sith than it was. The Consular "diplomat" vibe would've gone better had there been actual cause/effect choices involved. The Knight was just so quintessential Kenobi that it was kind of bland.

• 2 years later...

From what I've played (best at the top)...

1. Agent
  2. Warrior
  3. Bounty Hunter
  4. Smuggler
  5. Trooper
  6. (Anything)
  7. (Anything)
  8. (Anything)
  9. (Anything)
  10. Inquisitor

Dear lord I hated the inquisitor story in every way. The only story I didn't feel like a hero/bada**, and instead a petty moron.

Edited by xyrmagus

The only class story I haven't finished is the bounty hunter (lvl 45 merc) but I've done all the rest. The issue for me is the first class I played....well the story just blew me away and frankly all the others in comparison just didn't get anywhere near them.

So for me it's simply

1) Imperial Agent

like Blue before me

1st was the agent, but it changed when i've rolled a JK

Jedi knight (wonderfull story, i loved it from lvl1 to the end, with a few extra moment, on Corellia for ex., )

Agent ( some weird plot, but one of the best, really well done)

Sorcerer / Assassin ( if DS it's a fun trip)

Consular ( i haven't finished it yet but so far it's like this kind of movie which take (a lot) time to start

Bounty hunter ( only for Mako , she's one of the best comp, the story is boring to say the least )

edit: will try the Trooper next

Edited by karmaann

Ok ill rate them all on a scale of 1 - 10.

Agent - IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!! The Agent storyline is THE BEST story in the game, if you think otherwise throw yourself off the nearest 10 story building (dont really do that, it's a figure of speech)

Inquisitor - 8.5 Good story, but the first and 2nd acts are a bit bland because they are just mcguffin hunts...

Bounty Hunter - 7 Good, but predictable.

Warrior - 7.5 Slightly better than the BH story.

Smuggler - 10 2nd best storyline.

Knight - 4.5 VERY predictable story, works well enough

Consular - N/A. Havent finished my Consular

Trooper - -9000 WORST STORY EVER....

Of the ones I've played:

Knight- This ranks the highest because it feels like the point of the game and my knight is my main character:

Empire=bad guys, Emperor=leader of bad guys and you're the hero that kicks his ***

Sure it's not exactly new, but it delivers everything I expected from playing a Jedi. Plus it's got an all star line-up of my favorite people in on it- Drew Karpyshyn wrote quite a bit of it, the Knight's voiced by David Hayter (Solid Snake) and my romance option is voiced by Laura Bailey. Wins all around.

Agent- This is probably the one that surprised and impressed me the most, in large part because I didn't know what to expect. I've always preferred to read/watch/play Force-users in the Star Wars universe, so playing a regular person (even a super-spy) seemed counter-intuitive. But man did it rock! It hits all the tropes of your typical spy stories, yet still manages to pull some nice twists here and there. But what really did it for me was that everything (especially the ending) played exactly into what I thought an agent under the Sith would go through. And the ending (or at least a certain variation of it) is my dream for any character in that type of position. Of note is also the fact that I found every companion with the possible exception of Kaliyo interesting (typically, anyone I'm not romancing might as well not be there) and wish I had the time/resources to find out all their secrets. Add to that Jo Wyatt's amazing voice fitting the look I designed to a T and the ship being the best-looking after the Fury and... I can't think of a single downside.

Inquisitor- Again this is an about standard Sith progression story, though I admit it takes a certain mindset to enjoy it. At first glance it looks like the melee Force classes get all the glory and story importance. But I would argue that what the Inquisitor lacks in external importance he makes up for in personal achievement. I did feel like I was slowly developing one of the most devious (and powerful) bastards the galaxy had ever seen (and the dude voice for him reflected this perfectly). You do have to be willing to fill in some blanks yourself and there are some things hard to swallow *cough Ashara cough* but overall I still found it quite enjoyable.

Bounty Hunter- The story is in no way bad. It's just token. Bounty Hunters hunt things. The end. The other stuff is just details. The most relevance you're going to get throughout is that X- person wants to mess with you. And after much grind you get to show X person just what a bad idea that is. Violently. No more no less. At the end I felt nothing. Oh it's over. Alrighty then. Back to the agent. The ship is also atrocious. If they were going for notBoba Fett, why couldn't we get something closer to Slave I? The smuggler ship is the notMillenium Falcon and the Sith ship is a glorified Tie Fighter (that still looks awesome). Why did we have to settle for a crate? Anyway, Mako generally makes up for most of this, though her romance seems ridiculously short.

Honorary Mention: Sith Warrior- I didn't play this one I just watched it on youtube. It's OK, I would pretty much equate it with the inquisitor, though the overall importance I mentioned only comes into play later. In the beginning both stories are your typical Sith rise to power; from acolyte to apprentice to running errands for your master to trying to kill your master because they betrayed you. I couldn't really take Baras seriously though, with that voice and that look. I'll take Zash and Thanaton over him any day (especially Zash).

like Blue before me

1st was the agent, but it changed when i've rolled a JK

Jedi knight (wonderfull story, i loved it from lvl1 to the end, with a few extra moment, on Corellia for ex., )

Agent ( some weird plot, but one of the best, really well done)

Sorcerer / Assassin ( if DS it's a fun trip)

Consular ( i haven't finished it yet but so far it's like this kind of movie which take (a lot) time to start

Bounty hunter ( only for Mako , she's one of the best comp, the story is boring to say the least )

edit: will try the Trooper next

Same. Knight goes unopposed.

Jedi Knight

Bounty Hunter

Those are the only two I've completed so far, and the BH one isn't that far behind the JK one. While the JK one is more "galaxy-altering scale of epicness," the BH one fits the class perfectly - it's all personal, it stays on topic, and it has a really nice bit at the end if you're playing a Light Sider BH.