Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this gear o.k. for HM Foundry?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Is this gear o.k. for HM Foundry?

Hestis
11.23.2012 , 02:30 PM | #1
Looking to get HK, and I just need to do HM Foundry for my last part. I've been a bit of an alt-aholic, so I haven't done a lot of endgame flashpoints, and zero hm flashpoints. Had a great group take me through False Emperor for that part, and I just want to make sure that my gear is acceptable for HM Foundry. This is what I have;

https://swtor.askmrrobot.com/charact...6-25daae389894

I do have the Recruit gear from the mission, but when I look at it, it seems I am gaining power/surge, etc..., but that I lose a lot of Cunning. Same with the Rakata gear. Is the tradeoff worth it?

Thanks for the input!

NotRonin
11.23.2012 , 07:14 PM | #2
Don't worry about gear, since most players you'll group with these days will be overgeared for the encounter. I would however suggest changing the crit/surge relic for the power instead.

chuixupu
11.23.2012 , 07:18 PM | #3
You can do any hard mode in recruit gear. Lost Island is a bit more difficult and I'd rather be more geared for it, but it can be done. The Foundry is easy.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Synavix
11.23.2012 , 08:29 PM | #4
Like was said, I would avoid Lost Island/Hardmode Lost Island until you've got a bit more experience, but otherwise you should be fine to queue anything. The only issue you might run into is that your health will be a little low compared to other people, so if your healer is being a bit lazy you might die to something you shouldn't, but if you're quick with mechanics you'll have no serious issues.

As far as using PvP gear vs. PvE gear (for PvE content), PvE gear almost always wins out unless the PvP gear is significantly higher item level (1-2 tiers ahead). Recruit or Battlemaster stuff with be better than low level gear you still have, but otherwise level 50 daily/tionese/columi will probably work out better in the long run. If you PvP a lot, eventually War Hero gear will be better than your PvE gear unless you start doing Ops or buying endgame mods.

There are a few exceptions. For weapons, almost always use the highest level barrel/knife you can, even if it's PvP stated. You'll get more benefit from increased weapon/tech damage than you would from a few crit or cunning.

Relics are the other exception. I would also recommend changing your PvP crit/surge relic for a power one, but regardless of which one you choose, PvP relics are far better than any PvE relics you'll get until you get the Dread Guard level ones from daily comms. The matrix cube is pretty decent too, for starting out.

Hestis
11.23.2012 , 09:15 PM | #5
Thanks for the replies! I'm pretty honest going into these about my lack of experience, so hopefully I can find a decent group.
I'm going to add augment slots to my orange gear, so hopefully that will help out a little with health issues. Guess I'll have to pry myself away from some of my alts to do some dailies.