Ball decides a TIE victor??????

Gryphandor

Alright I am sorry if there are more threads on this subject but honestly now. A Huttball victory needs to be decided over more then just who has the ball in the event of a tie. This is the second time a group has got the ball and they all gather up and hold off for the last minute or two with ball control just to win.

Sorry but that is BS when things like medals or the overall kill count of a team would be a much better way to guage the victor. Just my 2 cents and would love to read other thoughts. Ball control seems like such a stupid way to decide a victor.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i liked this idea innitially until i told my friend about it just now and he pointed out that stealthers would just hide until theres one guy left at 1/3 health, 2 shot him, and win the game.

maybe if there was a no stealth OT or something then hell ya.

well if you score, you'd obviously win too, think TD in nfl overtime here ;)

But if a stealther sits back and lets his team go 7 on 8, probably would cost more wins than it would gain.

Edited by Adzzy

i liked this idea innitially until i told my friend about it just now and he pointed out that stealthers would just hide until theres one guy left at 1/3 health, 2 shot him, and win the game.

maybe if there was a no stealth OT or something then hell ya.

Or maybe an overtime with the fire and poison pit desactivated.

If no one score after lets say 2 minutes, it's the team with the ball that win.

agreed. why does there even have to be a winner? y cant it just say TIE! at the top? seems to me that if the score is 2-2 (or tied) then the game should be declared a tie. no?

Rated warzones can't have a tie.

Tell me you didn't play wow... go ahead I dare you!

;)

well if you score, you'd obviously win too, think TD in nfl overtime here ;)

But if a stealther sits back and lets his team go 7 on 8, probably would cost more wins than it would gain.

ya but if hes stealthed, then he would either be the last man standing, or him and his team would, its kinda win win for stealthers. although both teams would probly have some, so it would just turn into invis ppl chasing each other around lol

Think I am just saying it has to be more then just who has the ball. Maybe medals or kills is a bad isea sure but a group stacked with healers a tank with guard will hold that ball for that minute. Especially if a pre-made group. See I can't get a all PUG group to do that or fight against it. I have issues getting them to pass very well.

How about the team with the most ball control time period wins? Not just who is holding it last. That work for you all?

WARZONES ARE NOT TEAM DEATHMATCHES!

Killcount means NOTHING!

this. Warzone victories are meant to be decided by the team that executes their strategy the best. Not the sum of all individual contributions.

Also, if there were draws, both sides would not get credit for a warzone victory. Right now, you essentially have a 50% chance of winning a stalemate warzone (all other factors being equal). With draws - 0% chance. Now both teams are frustrated!

Rated warzones can't have a tie.

Tell me you didn't play wow... go ahead I dare you!

;)

umm, i played wow back in like '06 or something, a few months before BC came out, and then about a week or 2 after BC, and i never played rated BG's or arena. if arenas and rated BG's even existed when i played i didnt know about them, and i was only level 60 for a couple weeks before i quit, so whatever point you're trying to make about me playing WoW needs to be explained lol

WARZONES ARE NOT TEAM DEATHMATCHES!

Killcount means NOTHING!

As much as i hate when people type in CAPS this guy is right. You dont win in huttball or any other WZ by killing people. Its fine as it really, You win by occupying the objective.

this. Warzone victories are meant to be decided by the team that executes their strategy the best. Not the sum of all individual contributions.

Also, if there were draws, both sides would not get credit for a warzone victory. Right now, you essentially have a 50% chance of winning a stalemate warzone (all other factors being equal). With draws - 0% chance. Now both teams are frustrated!

but by your own logic, if its a 2-2 game, then both teams executed their strategies the same, should they not both get the same reward?

I wouldn't mind no rez overtime. stealthers would not be a huge problem. if it came down to one stealth guy on each team, someone would go for the ball and try to score.

You would have to watch for trolls, i guess. two guys could just sit and stare at each other until everyone quits...

but by your own logic, if its a 2-2 game, then both teams executed their strategies the same, should they not both get the same reward?

One team had the ball at the end, and therefore executed better than your team. If you want to win, get the ball. The real problem is Voidstar ties.

Edited by mechintel

Think I am just saying it has to be more then just who has the ball. Maybe medals or kills is a bad isea sure but a group stacked with healers a tank with guard will hold that ball for that minute. Especially if a pre-made group. See I can't get a all PUG group to do that or fight against it. I have issues getting them to pass very well.

How about the team with the most ball control time period wins? Not just who is holding it last. That work for you all?

If you're going against a good premade and you're in a pug, the game wouldn't even come down to a tie in the first place. They'd stomp your team badly.

People generally know that whoever holds ball at the end wins, so it's your own teams fault for not getting the ball and holding it before the enemy did.

One team had the ball at the end, and therefore executed better than your team. If you want to win, get the ball.

well for me, when i watch/play a game, i go by who scored the most, I'm a Leafs fan, and lemme tell you, they lose a lot of games, u know why? not because the score is tied and the other team happens to get the puck when the buzzer goes, but because the other team scores more goals than us.

*shrug* i dunno, to me a 3-3 game = tie, 3-4 = loss and 4-3 = win. maybe im old fashoned that way, but i believe that the higher score should win, and if both scores are equal it should be a tie.

Edited by xJACKTHERIPPERx

well for me, when i watch/play a game, i go by who scored the most, I'm a Leafs fan, and lemme tell you, they lose a lot of games, u know why? not because the score is tied and the other team happens to get the puck when the buzzer goes, but because the other team scores more goals than us.

*shrug* i dunno, to me a 3-3 game = tie, 3-4 = loss and 4-3 = win. maybe im old fashoned that way, but i believe that the higher score should win, and if both scores are equal it should be a tie.

A tie implies there would have to be extra playing time in order to resolve the tie issue. Either that or make both teams lose, because making both teams win would be retarded and lead to both sides purposely getting ties. I and most people would not enjoy playing the same WZ longer when we could be playing another one, nor would I enjoy both sides having to deal with a defeat.

There is nothing wrong with having the team holding the ball be the tie breaker. People know this, and it's your team's job to prepare for this possible outcome.