Battlemaster commendation obtainment needs attention

Yukimure

Over the last few weeks I've noticed how frustrating it is to obtain battlemaster commendations. You can have someone hit battlemaster a month after you and pass you in quantity obtained in a week, or you could be extremely lucky and get 2 a day like some people I know have. I would rather have a sustained system or gradual goal to work towards, such as 100 champion commendations per battlemaster. This way it still takes 3.5 days to obtain 1 battlemaster token from just dailies, but still allows people who want to grind the gear out faster to get the 7 per champion bag. I'm open to other suggestions as well, but anything is better than a "25%" chance per bag or anything percentage based.

I agree completely with Yukimure, It's been a week and I still haven't seen any battlemaster commedations.. and after doing the daily there is nothing to do since you can't farm any battlemaster commedations.. I like your idea with 100 champion converting to 1 battlemaster or just allow people to buy a bag with 1000 mercenary and 1000 warzone marks and allow people to actually farm the bags.. will also force people to enter warzones instead of just staying afk in ilum to get gear... and rank the proper way... Edited by Marzooq

If anyone else tired with all that PVE players wanting to gear up asap via pvp too?

You play for pvp or for gear?

If you already have champion, and its still the gear you want, then you should be doing OPS as you are PvE player, not pvper. That also explains the exceptional number of horrible battlemasters recently.

Edited by Lerdoc

The problem is most of the battlemasters out there now are from afk'ing in ilum spamming their buffs to be in combat and getting valor.. and also for pve people get the gear just to enter pve content... ive finished hardmode except for 2 bosses with pvp gear and now that they are saved I can't do anything until tuesday just log in do the 2 dailys get 2 battlemaster bags and like the past week get no commedations and thats it there is nothing left to do in the game since i cant farm battlemaster bags and there is no reason to go beyond level 60 in rank because there is nothing to gain out of it except a mount at level 65 which i really don't care for so hopefully they will change how you obtain battlemaster gear or atleast make it possible for us to actually farm the bags and make the warzones mean something....

If anyone else tired with all that PVE players wanting to gear up asap via pvp too?

You play for pvp or for gear?

If you already have champion, and its still the gear you want, then you should be doing OPS as you are PvE player, not pvper. That also explains the exceptional number of horrible battlemasters recently.

im not exactly a PvE Player(check the youtube link in my sig if you dont believe me) but still im furstrated with BM commendations.

I opened 2 Bags per Day since last Tuesday plus the 2 from the weeklys, thats 14 bags, and all I got out of it was Champion Commendations.

sad part is that i by now have 2 1/2 full champion sets(Supercommando, Eliminator & 1/2 Combat Tech) so the only thing i could use the champion commendations for is gear up my companions.

imo it would be nice to be able to trade in, say 120 champion commendations for 1 BM token.

4 gear rating bump, who gives a **** other than pve gear grinders? atleast all the pvpers i know dont really care that much.. its just nice if you get lucky...

Yeah well it's not much of a boost but it's still nice if you have the top tier stuff. And it shouldn't all be determined by luck.

At least if you keep this RNG system, allow us to obtain BM bags by commendations. I have suggested a BM bag for 600 Merc and 200 WZ comms myself, even could be a limited one that you can get once per day. Don't really see the problem with that.

I think Bioware have it about right with BM tokens. Slow, but steady progress for most BMs.

For some ppl its too slow, there are ppl with 40+ boxes opened andno bm coms.

On the topic... How about not straight buying of coms, but lets say buying of BM boxes for champ coms, its still 25% getting BM coms from boxes, but atleast we will have more tries during week if we can have more than 2 boxes during 1 day. If we would have chance to open atleast 4 boxes per day it would be much better, and we could spend our champ coms which we dont need.

I also agree they should change the system somehow!

But I do not agree though with the exchange rate!

I am a BM myself and I would prefere you could exchange 200 champion commendations for 1 BM token (but not 100 commendations for 1 token).

It will still be a grind but at least you know what you grind for!

CHAMP BAGS ARE THE SAME WAY BUT WORSE NOW!!

32 BAGS...NO TOKEN 1 for 1 exchange just 7 commedations.

1 Headpiece 67 tokens = 7 bags

1 weapon 123 tokens = 17 bags

THATS ONLY 2 PIECES OUT OF 11-12

THEY HAVE ACTUALLY STUNTED INCENTIVE TO REROLL TO REPUBLIC DUE TO THE GEAR HEADACHE.

MEANING.....IMP 3-4 TO 1 RATIO UNBALANCED POPULATION ALREADY GEARED WILL NEVER BALANCE OUT.

SO............AT LEAST YOU HAVE CHAMP GEAR !!!!!!!!!

i WILL BE VALOR 60 BEFORE I HAVE 1/2 MY GEAR WORST CASE, BEST CASE I WILL GET 2/3 WHEN IM A BATTLEMASTER.....GREAT FIX HUH??

It's not that we don't like pvp it's that the que is getting longer because so many people would rather just stay in ilum and rank up by going afk then actually entering warzones and yes I would like to know that me entering warzones means I will be earning something unlike the people that are afk in ilum... I know people who i had atleast 10 levels on in pvp that have passed me just from afking in ilum.. why shouldn't i just afk in ilum? i do like pvp but i would also like there to be a reason for me to enter warzones to know im going to get something in return..

I agree the system needs attention. I just recently went 0-18 with BM commendations. Thursday-Sunday I got 7/8. Obviously I was happy to see that, but it was just so insanely random compared to striking out 18 times. I think they need to tone down the RNG, especially since 2 bags a day can be opened.

It's not that we don't like pvp it's that the que is getting longer because so many people would rather just stay in ilum and rank up by going afk then actually entering warzones and yes I would like to know that me entering warzones means I will be earning something unlike the people that are afk in ilum... I know people who i had atleast 10 levels on in pvp that have passed me just from afking in ilum.. why shouldn't i just afk in ilum? i do like pvp but i would also like there to be a reason for me to enter warzones to know im going to get something in return..

can you explain this a little to me. I've only done the wz queuing and bought my mercenary commendations with my pvp ones. Is it pretty easy to farm valor/comms on ilum?

can you explain this a little to me. I've only done the wz queuing and bought my mercenary commendations with my pvp ones. Is it pretty easy to farm valor/comms on ilum?

Basically when you get to rank 60 you can only get 2 bags per day through daily and on tuesday you get 4 bags, now you can't get commedations from ilum but when you are rank60 there is no point for commedations see'ing as you can't buy bags. so people just afk in ilum to get high rank by standing afk then just do the daily to get 2 bags and stay there again. The que for pvp is getting longer and longer as people get to 60 because after getting the 3 wins for daily there really is no point of going to warzone since ilum is faster in lvling rank theres no reason to que for warzone.. so we'd like to see a change and allow people to obtain battlemaster bags from warzone efforts makes people want to enter to get battlemaster gear..

sad part is that i by now have 2 1/2 full champion sets(Supercommando, Eliminator & 1/2 Combat Tech) so the only thing i could use the champion commendations for is gear up my companions.

How about perfecting your gear with mods/enhancement from other sets instead of buying ALL the gear for your archetype, seems rather pointless to me, and a waste of all the champion commendations.

Personally Iam sick to death of this "lucky drop" system attached to pvp. I've been battlemaster nearly 2 weeks, had one token in that time. This is quite simply, a load of crap to stop people getting geared, getting bored, or getting ahead of people who simply cant be arsed.

The drop chances are abysmal, we need more chances to get battlemaster than just 2 bags a day with 15 champ tokens which hold no value to me at all, since I have all the champ gear. The only thing I can think to do is gear my companions, which is good and all that but I play pvp to gear myself.

Its not acceptable to basically put a ball and chain on people that put in time to play pvp, to progress their character and then basically give them useless tokens that are of very little or use to someone who has obtained battlemaster through warzones and the tilum dailies. By the time you hit 60 valor, more than likely you will be champion geared, so what use are 15 tokens with nothing counting towards battlemaster?

If you are extremely lucky you might get a token. But end game pvp should not be based on luck. It should be based on time, skill and experience - the only people that complain that it shouldnt are people who are behind in gear terms, casual, or cant be bothered to put the effort in. So what? Is that fair to people that are playing pvp as it is intended? Or we going to be stuck with a system that rewards people randomly?

Fact is, as it is at the moment the system for battlemasters is appalling, and is just slowing us down because you know that three warzones and terrible world pvp wont keep people's interest for long if they can obtain gear faster or indeed a little fairer. One item a week (i havent even had the luck for that tbh) might be alright for some. But for someone who plays pvp alot, its a joke.

The drop rate is god awful. Change the system, make it fairer not to just keep me playing the game and going "wow i got a bracer, or one mark after two and half weeks of playing the same warzones".

Awful system.

Well im unlucky , in 2 weeks i only got 2 pieces of gear , still im not making threads and complaining about it , mi?

It is how the game work , it should take time to get TOP pvp gear , cause after that unless you want to gear you companions there is not much left to do.

Edited by rzrknight

THEY HAVE ACTUALLY STUNTED INCENTIVE TO REROLL TO REPUBLIC DUE TO THE GEAR HEADACHE.

MEANING.....IMP 3-4 TO 1 RATIO UNBALANCED POPULATION ALREADY GEARED WILL NEVER BALANCE OUT.

i WILL BE VALOR 60 BEFORE I HAVE 1/2 MY GEAR WORST CASE, BEST CASE I WILL GET 2/3 WHEN IM A BATTLEMASTER.....GREAT FIX HUH??

No they aren't captain allcaps.

Well im unlucky , in 2 weeks i only got 2 pieces of gear , still im not making threads and complaining about it , mi?

It is how the game work , it should take time to get TOP pvp gear , cause after that unless you want to gear you companions there is not much left to do.

Then make the rewards take a crap load of commendations, there is your time.

Random, could mean a long time for some, and hardly any for others.

That sound fair to you?

Personally Iam sick to death of this "lucky drop" system attached to pvp. I've been battlemaster nearly 2 weeks, had one token in that time. This is quite simply, a load of crap to stop people getting geared, getting bored, or getting ahead of people who simply cant be arsed.

The drop chances are abysmal, we need more chances to get battlemaster than just 2 bags a day with 15 champ tokens which hold no value to me at all, since I have all the champ gear. The only thing I can think to do is gear my companions, which is good and all that but I play pvp to gear myself.

Its not acceptable to basically put a ball and chain on people that put in time to play pvp, to progress their character and then basically give them useless tokens that are of very little or use to someone who has obtained battlemaster through warzones and the tilum dailies. By the time you hit 60 valor, more than likely you will be champion geared, so what use are 15 tokens with nothing counting towards battlemaster?

If you are extremely lucky you might get a token. But end game pvp should not be based on luck. It should be based on time, skill and experience - the only people that complain that it shouldnt are people who are behind in gear terms, casual, or cant be bothered to put the effort in. So what? Is that fair to people that are playing pvp as it is intended? Or we going to be stuck with a system that rewards people randomly?

Fact is, as it is at the moment the system for battlemasters is appalling, and is just slowing us down because you know that three warzones and terrible world pvp wont keep people's interest for long if they can obtain gear faster or indeed a little fairer. One item a week (i havent even had the luck for that tbh) might be alright for some. But for someone who plays pvp alot, its a joke.

The drop rate is god awful. Change the system, make it fairer not to just keep me playing the game and going "wow i got a bracer, or one mark after two and half weeks of playing the same warzones".

Awful system.

I could bring myself to care about this if Battlemaster meant a damn thing.

It doesnt. its 4 to each stat and 2-4 expertise per piece.. with WORSE Mods and Enhancements, that you end up having to rip out and replace if you dont want BM to be a DOWNGRADE.

All the handwringing over the system is just hillarious to watch, if it werent so sad.

i got 1 Bm Commodations out of 32 BM Bags, this is way worse than 32 Champions Bags.