Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missing Decorations and Bugs List

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Missing Decorations and Bugs List

EHKodiak
02.19.2020 , 02:06 PM | #1
I found an old post from 2018 which had many decorations that were missing or broken, and though many have been fixed between now and then, there's still a few that are left over. I've included them below as broken as of 06/07/2020

Decorations that do not seem to drop any longer (or ever have) from their respective Flashpoints. This one is a short list, but a thorn in the side for collectors.

Copero Resort Rug - A Traitor Among the Chiss FP
Illumination Probe Crate - Blood Hunt FP
Manned Blaster Turret - Colicoid War Games
Corellian AA Turret - Operation Meridian

Decorations that list as their source as Cartel Market, Cartel Packs or Bundles, but which are not actually included in those packs or the cartel market.

Battledroid: Alliance - Armed Resistance Command Pack
Covered Light: Green - Armed Resistance Command Pack
Overcharged Iokath Transport Tube - Armed Resistance Command Pack
Zakuul Console - Force Alliance Pack
Festival Flags
Explosive Fuel Tank
Hazardous Material Tank
High Voltage Capacitor
Pressurized Coolant Tank
Void Crystal Container - Marked as Ossus Achievements, but does not exist
Shifting Crystal Container - Marked as Ossus Achievements, but does not exist
Withered Tree - Marked as Ossus Reputation, but does not exist
Onderon City Wall - Marked as Onderon Rep but do not exist
Corellian Zoo Decal
Corellian Zoo Poster
Decal: Recharge Area
Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal
Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal (Imperial)
Heroic Weekly Mission Terminal (Republic)
Seeker Droid: Imperial
Seeker Droid: Republic
Sign: Danger
Sign: Keep Out
Sign: Watch
Starship Fuel Tank
Propaganda: Victory Protocols - Activated
Imperial Travel Station
Republic Travel Station
Ood Bnar Memorial - States Ossus Achievements but isn't available on any achievement.

Decorations that are plain broken in ways or have a duplicate name

Commemorative Statue of Darth Malgus - this was broken when the Return of Malgus Statue was brought in, and now the decorations menu lists both under the same name.
Holofire Jedi Knight Statue - Can be purchased from rep vendor, but lists 0 in the decoration list and the preview is completely wrong. - FIXED
Datacron: Dark vs Light - Shows 0/0 in the log, preview window shows a log with crates, and this is different to the achievement decoration.
Iknayid - Deco from Exotic Creatures Personnel Bundle is not available as there is a pet with the same name. - FIXED
Stoneray - Deco from Exotic Creatures Personnel Bundle is not available as there is a pet with the same name. - - FIXED
Hanging Vines - Deco from Nathema has same name as the one from Felucia Stato, thus can't be placed.
Merchant Stall: General Goods - New Onderon Reputation decoration has the same name as an old decoration from prefabs. - FIXED
Rodian Patron (Female) - From Underworlds Patron Bundle is overwritten by Nightlife decoration with same name
Weequay Patron - From Underworlds Patron Bundle is overwritten by Nightlife decoration with same name

Graphically Incorrect Decorations

Alderaan Floor Medallion - This is just showing the wireframe on all floor slots, rather than the detail that is in the decoration window. - FIXED

Banner: Blatant Bek (Hanging) / Banner: Pit Screamers (Hanging) / Banner: Horizonís Razor (Hanging) - These are all a good foot away from the wall where they are meant to hang.

Blatant Bek/Pit ScreamersHorizonís Razor Fan Poster - These are all a good foot away from the wall where they are meant to hang

Interface Incorrect Decorations

All the Taxidermy statues have OBJECT HAS NO NAME when hovering over them

---------------

I'm more than happy to provide more information on these if requested with screenshots, just let me know.

JediQuaker
02.20.2020 , 07:48 AM | #2
Most (if not all) of the decorations that used to drop from various other crates, now drop from the latest CM crate, but there's so many that your chance of getting any particular one is slim.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Xina_LA
02.21.2020 , 02:40 PM | #3
Don't forget all the decorations listed as coming from the Tatooine Arena Decoration Bundle.

Might be good to post this in the Bugs forum?
This happy little forum doesn't even have an icon.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

ceryxp
02.21.2020 , 04:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Don't forget all the decorations listed as coming from the Tatooine Arena Decoration Bundle.

Might be good to post this in the Bugs forum?
This happy little forum doesn't even have an icon.
And it's been over a year since Daniel Steed said they'd look into that.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

JediBoadicea
02.21.2020 , 09:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EHKodiak View Post
I found an old post from 2018 which had many decorations that were missing or broken, and though many have been fixed between now and then, there's still a few that are left over. I've included them below as broken as of 19/02/2020
As the person who wrote the original post, I fully support continuing to call these out in hopes they'll someday get addressed! These are all still broken, and there are quite a few other broken/unavailable ones as well.

In case it helps anyone who is trying to track their decos collection and see if any are bugged, I keep a publicly viewable copy of my decos spreadsheet here: Strongholds Decorations on Google Sheets. The spreadsheet is most useful to folks who are comfortable using filters (to drill down to specific categories you're looking for), but at minimum it's in alphabetical order so you're sure to be able to find the deco you're looking for eventually. It includes all decos in the game (although I admit I still have to go through and do an update for the latest 6.0 trophies and PVP rewards).

To spot the decos that are unavailable due to bugs, you can find them easily because they are in red text and usually highlighted in red as well. There's a comment on the name cell of each of these that explains what the bug is (or my best understanding of what the bug is).

Decorations that do not seem to drop any longer (or ever have) from their respective Flashpoints. This one is a short list, but a thorn in the side for collectors.

Copero Resort Rug - A Traitor Among the Chiss FP
Illumination Probe Crate - Blood Hunt FP
These are still every bit as much a thorn in the side of collectors as they were the first time I wrote those words.

I know for a fact the Illumination Probe Crate used to be available, because the two people I was farming Blood Hunt with specifically for this deco both got their drops before I did, and then the bug hit and I've been SOL ever since. I really really really really wish they'd just add this to the rewards for solo running Blood Hunt like they did with the Decorative Gear Arrangement. The FP used to drop two decos, just have it reward both.

As for the Copero Resort Rug, this has never been available. I farm Copero on a regular basis (hundreds and hundreds of times at this point, at 10-15 minutes per run I usually just put on a movie on the second monitor and do it on autopilot for the movie's duration), and this has never ever dropped. After every major patch I make sure to do a full clear on the FP and complete every bonus mission, just in case it was meant to be a bonus mission reward like the Dramath/Valkorian holos on Nathema and the fix might have secretly rolled out (like it did late for Nathema), but no dice.

I have a lot of to go around for strongholds bugs, not least of which being that I can't place any of these new decos in new strongholds anyway because I've been capped out since before Rishi.

EHKodiak
02.22.2020 , 06:59 AM | #6
Yes it was your post I saw and robbed!. And yep, definitely agree on the Illumination Crate and the Copero Rug. And sssh, don't let people in on our Copero farming secret, it's a massive money maker for me :P

I know one of the BW stronghold people checks this forum pretty regularly, because items do get fixed every now and then (and never patch noted, ha!)! I'm fine with it, we get some love ha

Edit: Also love the spreadsheet! It's given me some more that I've updated the original post with, such as the Malgus commemorative statue being broken too

MitchellFerguson
02.22.2020 , 08:57 AM | #7
There is also the notable bugs with the strongholds themselves,
- The Aldarran stronghold not being a safe zone.
- Door's on all strongholds don't open if you have used them too recently.
- If you are standing too close to the movement path of furniture you become stuck in the furniture
- If you use the command /stuck it transports you to the stronghold's default spawn location and not your selected spawn location (which can be quite annoying on larger strongholds like yavin and rishii).
- Personal decorations with equipment do not show their equipment in the preview window only when actually placed (ex: Mandalorian Elite).
- Some plant previews don't show any textures for the plant in the preview.
- Often when you first click preview on a decoration it takes you to the 3rd anniversary holo.
Quote:
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Adric_the_Red
02.22.2020 , 02:48 PM | #8
Datacron: Dark vs Light - Shows 0/0 in the log, preview window shows a log with crates, and this is different to the achievement decoration.
I encountered this way back when this deco was brand new. Took me a while (and several emails back and forth with a CSR) to work out what the problem was, and how to "fix" it.

Problem:
If you just browse through your decorations list with the filters set to "All", and page through all the listings till you get to the entry "Datacron: Dark vs Light" it will say 0/0 available, even if you spent the million credits to buy it (and used it after you bought it), and when you mouse over its entry in the list, the tooltip lists the wrong category of "Furniture: Arrangement", and it will have that log & crates in the preview window, etc.

Workaround:
If you set your filters to the correct category, "Technological: Artifacts", and then browse through the list, it will show up in the listing with the correct number available, the correct image in the preview window, and you will be able to place it in a stronghold (if you do, in fact, own it).

So I guess it's only half broken.

Still disappointed that you can only own one of these. I own all the different strongholds; it would be nice to be able to put this deco in each of them, not just one of them.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

JediBoadicea
02.22.2020 , 07:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Workaround:
If you set your filters to the correct category, "Technological: Artifacts", and then browse through the list, it will show up in the listing with the correct number available, the correct image in the preview window, and you will be able to place it in a stronghold (if you do, in fact, own it).
^^ This. You can also find it with a "datacron" search but only if the Technological category is selected.

In my spreadsheet I have it listed under the correct category. Maybe to be thorough I should add the bugged listing with a note. Something to include when I get around to doing the 6.0 trophies update.

Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Still disappointed that you can only own one of these.
Yeah, weird arbitrary limits on decos are frustrating across the board, but this one is particularly egregious. Not sure why they feel a need to limit the number of decos you can have considering it's the accomplishment of having achieved it that matters, not the number you get, but if they're going to insist on limiting something so that people can't just fill a whole stronghold with one deco then at least something in the 10-50 range would be nice.

Holofire Jedi Knight Statue - Can be purchased from rep vendor, but lists 0 in the decoration list and the preview is completely wrong.
Forgot to add about the above: You can still access and place this deco (and every copy you unlock is correctly unlocking), you just have to have a hook selected first, either a Medium or a Large. If you have one of those hooks selected, it will show up in your menu on a scroll through the Civic category, or you can also find it on a word search.

It's definitely a menu/UI bug, though. There are too many of those, like the Malgus statue also mentioned, and the Datacron, not to mention those missing decals and terminals which I strongly suspect are menu bugs rather than decos that were fully made and missed in a release somewhere.

It's more than a little frustrating, because many forum regulars have posted about these bugs in many very thorough posts, and one would think that tooltip/menu bugs would be easy fixes, and yet no fix every happens.

At this point honestly the one deco menu/tooltip bug I would want fixed above all others is for them to finally rename the freakin' decos they've duplicate-named that are overwriting other decos. For some, like the Stoneray or Iknayid or Hanging Vines, you can wiggle around it by having the right hook selected first, but for others it's just impossible. Whenever I'm entering new decos into my spreadsheet I find those duplicates in two seconds flat, because, duh, spreadsheets tell you when you're entering a name that's already been entered. It boggles my mind that they don't have the capability (hard to believe) or the willingness to do a safety check on deco names before they add new ones. After we'd called this out many many many times, they still went ahead and duplicated the Merchant Stall: General Goods name with 6.0. It hurts the brain.

EHKodiak
02.23.2020 , 01:22 PM | #10
Good to know they're hidden in the menu, I really didn't think they existed. Well, we've listed them now - I'll try and keep this bumped with up to date information so that it's in an easy format for the devs to check out if they do.