Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need Help Finding a Good Hook...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Need Help Finding a Good Hook...

turbomagnus
05.03.2020 , 10:06 AM | #1
I purchased a 'Factory Ceiling Crane' deco on the GTN last night, intending to use it in the landing bay/Motor Pool of my Tatooine ('Havoc Base') stronghold... unfortunately, as soon as I placed it, I could see it wouldn't work; the deco is so large that it touches the ground when placed on the ceiling. I tried several other locations in various strongholds; Nar Shadda Skypalace, Manaan Retreat, even Rishi Pirate's Cove, it kept reaching the ground.

Can anyone recommend a good location where I can put the crane that it won't touch the ground?

Eiter
05.05.2020 , 12:48 AM | #2
The only place I find it remotely fitting is under the large fabric-like canopy on the skydeck of the Rishi patrol carrier. That's it for me. Any other place with a high enough roof elevation isn't somewhere a crane like that would work, in my opinion. But that's subjective, of course.

turbomagnus
05.05.2020 , 11:27 AM | #3
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I thought it might fit on Yavin, but a crane in a stronghold with a 'martial arts temple' theme would look weird. Thanks for confirming the limited selection.

Apparently, if they're going to give us large ceiling decorations, we also need some higher ceilings to put them on...

JediQuaker
05.08.2020 , 11:19 AM | #4
Yeah, and try to find a good place to put the Emergency Escape Submarine. There doesn't even seem to be a good place for it in the Manaan SH. 🤔
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Vigilanis
06.16.2020 , 03:54 AM | #5
Regarding the Escape Submarine - this is about the best place I have found for them, seem to work ok.

https://i.imgur.com/Zeh4ZW5.png
Master Vigilanis (Guildmaster)

Rapid Serenity
Darth Malgus (Formerly Progenitor)

EHKodiak
06.16.2020 , 06:35 AM | #6
That's exactly where my escape submarine is!

As for the other one, the large hook at the front of the Alderaan stronghold at the front door seems to work.