Scheduled Maintenance: September 4th, 2013 [UPDATE: Servers Available]

AmberGreen

Yep off on the QT time, got excited. There is some really neat things in this patch they just slip in-game.

I sometimes wonder if they're just afraid people will just find something to complain about anyways.

I wanted to wait extra long for my travel time. Damnit Bioware. :mad:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty rude of them and it would be nice to have that changed. I play on shadowlands so I don't encounter that, however it is annoying when I'm off that day and I have to wait til 10am to start playing.

Must all the servers be taken down and updated at the same time?

How hard is it to do an update? Seems like it can almost be automated or done by one person.

If not... Couldn't you just update them all around 3 AM in each servers most popular time zone? Maybe hold off on the euro server since they'd have too much of a head start :rolleyes:

That wouldn't do much to fix the problem I just described. Advanced notice would work wonders.

"All Imperial players can now reach the lore object to obtain the "Invasion of Balmorra" Codex entry, as it has been moved just inside the Balmorran Arms Factory".

That's nice for the Imps, but at least that one was achievable with an agent.

The Republic equivalent is still broken.

The Safe mail was unexpected and very, very, very appreciated for altoholics! Having cross-faction legacy alts appear in the type-ahead would be nice but this eliminates 99% of my worry and prevents me from mistakenly mailing valuables to my original (pre-server-merger) name. TYVM!!!!!!!!!!!

Ofc the fleet pass and QT are wonderful!

So much QoL for just a minor-numbered patch!

Thanks again for safe mail!!!!

"Characters above level 27 are no longer able to accept Hutta and Ord Mantell Bounty Contracts"

If that means your lvl 55's who unlocked a Kingpen on Hutta or Ord Mantell can't do it anymore then I am going to be PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I fail to see why it matters that the lvl is. The people still travel there and fight the contract. More Nanyware bullcrap!!

"Individual Kingpin Bounty Contracts can be completed only one time during each Bounty Contract Week."

And....now I am going to stop doing the event then. This is flat out RIDICULOUS!!!! Your RUINING the event by adding more restrictions. Talk about taking all the FUN out of this. This is just a deterrent. :mad:

Utterly RUINED. I am so pissed off I wont even type anymore because it will just get removed...

Edited by DarthVengeant

"Characters above level 27 are no longer able to accept Hutta and Ord Mantell Bounty Contracts."

I can not understand the thought process or the why you would do this. I also see this is not the first posting of this.

Valid reasons I think this should NOT go into effect.

1) Getting the 27 - 55's to the starter planets helps EVERYONE.

2) It gets mass populated starting planets. Showing massively populated places this makes it so everyone can see there is a lot of people. It gives the new folks chances to get guilds, make friends, inspires people to subscribe. Shows the game alive and thriving. Cutting the level 27 and above from this planet just seems thwarting to game prosperity.

3) Why better yet how on in the home world can you think it is at all fair to limit / restrict / punish people for having developed or progressed in playing the game? I myself am a casual player and now this new patch tells me go delete some of your characters or at least one and start over JUST to get an achievement. I personally think that is a bit insulting and can see how it is extremely demotivating for anyone playing the game.

4) What about those characters who all ready have these Kingpin Bounty missions unlocked? I personally 7 out of my 16 characters on one server who can no longer do these bounty missions if this applies to Kingpin missions. So my time spent and hard work all for nothing? As discussed with friends and guild mates they are wondering and feeling the same concerns I am.

Positive Thoughts on some of these changes. The ONE Kingpin per week per character well THAT one I completely understand. Once a day served the content locusts well.

Thanks For Your Time,

:rak_02::i_confused::tran_mad::csw_r2d2::sy_havoc::sul_confused::csw_yoda:

Edited by DarthCasual
adding information

Any danger of BW providing more than 12-18 hours notice if they intend to push maintenance back a day?

+1 for different reasons than the guy I quoted.

Got a day off, I could have take it yesterday and play all day long, but now there's a maintenance today in the middle of my day, nice...

Would be nice to have longer notice for Wednesday patches like early Monday or even before the weekend.

Edited by Turshek

Characters above level 27 are no longer able to accept Hutta and Ord Mantell Bounty Contracts.

What about those of us who already have 22 characters on the account and none below level 28?! You have never gated high level players from content, why are you starting now? Reverse that change now.

Subscribers receive a 50% discount on the first purchase made using the in-game feature. Please note: this offer does not apply to Cartel Coin purchases made using the website.
How about you make this discount permanent for subscribers?

Players can now purchase standard single-use White and White Dye Modules individually on the Cartel Market! Cost: 1000 Cartel Coins.

Players can now purchase standard single-use Black and Black Dye Modules individually on the Cartel Market! Cost: 2000 Cartel Coins.

The cartel coin prices for the the single use dye modules are just ridiculous.

Are they at least unlockable in the collection for the whole account via collection to get unlimited ones?

But even then, 1000 resp. 2000 Cartel Coins would be too much.

Not sure what you guys at Bioware/EA are smoking, but that's clearly a ripoff. Subscribers really shouldn't have to pay real money for limited use consumable items and it's way above the subscriber's monthly cartel coin grant.

Still no chat bubbles?

Edited by Glzmo

What about those of us who already have 22 characters on the account and none below level 28?! You have never gated high level players from content, why are you starting now? Reverse that change now.

Even if you have 22, you would of cleared it with 14 alts easily and got all achievements unlocked

Edited by Vegabond

"Characters above level 27 are no longer able to accept Hutta and Ord Mantell Bounty Contracts."

I can not understand the thought process or the why you would do this. I also see this is not the first posting of this.

Valid reasons I think this should NOT go into effect.

1) Getting the 27 - 55's to the starter planets helps EVERYONE.

Really? Please explain how my lvl 17 getting pulled into fights with lvl 55 thugs due to AoE helps me. All it does is help me lose what little money the character has and ticks me off by wasting my time. I'm GLAD this change is being made.

4) What about those characters who all ready have these Kingpin Bounty missions unlocked? I personally 7 out of my 16 characters on one server who can no longer do these bounty missions if this applies to Kingpin missions. So my time spent and hard work all for nothing? As discussed with friends and guild mates they are wondering and feeling the same concerns I am.

This is actually a valid point. Maybe the change only refers to the Henchman Bounty? It would suck if Kingpin was affected too.

I've never actually sent anything to the wrong person, but I'm always paranoid about it.

So I am not the only one.

:)

---------

Was there a problem with character above level 27 on those planets? No. So why waste time on changing this? I really don't understand what's the point of that. A typical 'BioWare'!? Fixing problems that never existed.

Edited by discbox

Really? Please explain how my lvl 17 getting pulled into fights with lvl 55 thugs due to AoE helps me. All it does is help me lose what little money the character has and ticks me off by wasting my time. I'm GLAD this change is being made.

What's the difference to level 28 characters getting pulled into fights with level 55s? Or level 17 characters pulled into fights with level 27s?

Edited by discbox

• Dev Post
Any danger of BW providing more than 12-18 hours notice if they intend to push maintenance back a day?

I just wanted to post an apology for any inconvenience caused by delayed maintenance posts yesterday. We are going to be more consistent with timing notifications moving forward.

You can expect Scheduled Maintenance forum posts to go up in General Discussion on the Friday before a Tuesday or Wednesday patch. The launcher and web system alerts will be posted 12-24 hours before maintenance. We'll continue to post patch notes for Game Updates the day before, though it may be less than 12 hours prior to downtime in many cases to ensure they're as accurate as possible. (Also, please note that there may be updates to the notes once the patch is live.)

When maintenance must be performed outside of the normal update schedule, unfortunately we may not be able to provide advance notice or patch notes, as these patches are unplanned and reactionary. We do them only as needed, but the downtime is generally short (usually ~2hrs).

Thank you!

Any chance the servers will be working today? Most of my guild has kept active subscriptions to WoW, and this kind of crap is exactly why. All I can say is the more we use the WoW launcher the more likely we are going to be to cancel our accounts here.

What do you mean "this kind of crap"? You make it sound like extended maintenance with no ETA happens every week. Go back to WoW.

OK I don't complain much ever - but this irritates me a lot

Characters above level 27 are no longer able to accept Hutta and Ord Mantell Bounty Contracts.

I already have all AC on Republic side above level 27 (7 are 55) and really don't want to have to start another character just to finish the achievement . :mad: