Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
02.15.2018 , 12:13 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Neaty View Post
Any Class balance changes coming soon?
This, please address T_T

PorsaLindahl
02.15.2018 , 12:13 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

With the roadmap in front of you feel free to shoot us your feedback and questions in this thread. We are gonna sit back and let everyone digest and get questions out for a bit before we start responding. Expect quiet from us for a couple of hours and then we will be in here addressing your questions.

Roadmap day!

-eric
In other words: Let the whining begin.

Racit
02.15.2018 , 12:13 PM | #33
Pro tip, when letting down your raiding community don't cite a lack of resources as the reason. Especially when you indicate increased resources to conquest. Conquest > operations. This is why raiders leave.

Randaliathethird
02.15.2018 , 12:15 PM | #34
Hello, Keith Kanneg!

As a roleplayer, I was wondering if we will finally be getting some in-depth answers to the overall status of the Jedi Order, the Galactic Republic, and the Sith Empire. For those who RP in the Sith Empire, we don't even really know who our canonical head of state is currently. Will these future changes, be they through the story itself or through codexes, elaborate on the current state of the galaxy and clear up some of the vagueness?

BenKatarn
02.15.2018 , 12:15 PM | #35
So let's see...
  • You list a master mode for Izax. Does that mean a Veteran (aka old Hard Mode) is currently not in the works for this boss, or will Master Mode Izax only be a temporary thing, to then be replaced with regular Veteran Mode? Likewise, how do you get to Izax in terms of instancing? You'd have to go into the Operation from Story Mode or Veteran Mode.
  • What actions based on current feedback will you take in regards to class-specific companion returns? Most of us were very underwhelmed by the returns of Corso, Risha and Andronikos because they were just a cutscene, not even a real quest. Likewise, will these returning companions feature into upcoming story content at all, or will the Lana and Theron show continue for the foreseable future?
  • With regard to expansion VS regular updates: I am torn on this. I'd like an actual expansion, but the problem is what you even define as an expansion. What sort of scale are we talking about here? If you have another two flashpoints and maybe another warzone in the works, than that isn't an expansion for me. To me, an expansion should feature at least one completely new planet with appropriate quests and story, more along the lines of Makeb and not another daily area like Yavin or Iokath. You have to level with us as to what you have in the works before we as both your players and your customers can make an informed decision on this matter.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

McBaal
02.15.2018 , 12:15 PM | #36
I am conflicted.

1) 5.8 companion returns means another 2 minute class only alliance alerts just like the recent epic disappointment from Andronikos/Risha/Corso ? Look, i am happy to get more companions back, but these alerts were terrible and unrewarding AF.

2) 5.9 I guess this new flashpoint will finish the Theron arc and lead into the 6.0 arc?

3) The part about small but regular vs big expansions confuses me. So right now your plan is to release smaller, short period updates and not another expansion like "Knights of whatever you want"? IMO that didn't work out that great during 2017

4) Subscriber rewards: Good idea, i think subs need more love. Give us a hugg and free item sometimes. Stuff you can't find on the CM anymore for example.

5) Where is Kira? My JK starts to look at T7 in a way that makes the droid nervous...

GamingCrimes
02.15.2018 , 12:17 PM | #37
I profoundly hope you won't be able to use nightmare crystals.
Also, does this mean we will never get the first 4 bosses in master mode? Will they be released at a later date? Will Izax get a veteran mode? I'm really confused.
Boatank Adu'has
Tulak Hord

AlienEyeTX
02.15.2018 , 12:18 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
As we look back to 2017 and now beyond the conclusion of the traitor storyline, we are planning to continue delivering content in the same manner throughout 2018.
This is certainly the most disheartening line of all. It's not even that I mind content trickling out. In fact that's much better than 6 or 12 months of nothing. However, this just makes me feel like the story parts are going to be delivered in the same manner... FPs. It was disappointing to have story delivered this way in 2017 and I hope there can be a change for future storylines.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Paulsutherland
02.15.2018 , 12:19 PM | #39
Quote:
Everyone’s favorite former villain.
Nothing against the Arcann fans but I have to ask.

Why did you pick the mass murderer as the next romance companion?

ForjKlahaa
02.15.2018 , 12:19 PM | #40
I'm not sure if I can even reply in this thread as I unsubbed last month.

The only thing that keeps me coming back to this game is the amazing story and it's been so thin on the ground (a few minute (literally) here for a companion return and a few there to pad out a flashpoint.

I basically need a big chunky xpac with several chapters to tempt me back and take all my characters through it. I realise that I might not be your targeted demo but it is what it is. I basically subbed non stop for years and spent a fortune on the CM as a solo player just consuming all the content. I really miss it.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.
Thinking about signing up or coming back?

Click here to make the most of it with in-game rewards. I look forward to seeing you around the galaxy