Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslinger Advanced Class guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Gunslinger Advanced Class guide

Comrade_Chet
04.09.2012 , 08:04 PM | #51
Howdy, folks! Good guide, but I have a few questions in terms of leveling specs. I will understand the class better as I play, of course, it just helps to hear from experience. I still don't have a rotation down though I suppose that will depend on my ability point choices. So my general question:

This build was identified as a viable PvE in this guide, however the OP suggests that the Dirty Tricks tree might be better due to the CC capabilities. Does anyone have experienced leveling with DT?

GalnarDegana
04.10.2012 , 07:51 AM | #52
Leveling in Dirty Fighting is certainly possible. I leveled all the way with this build if I remember correctly. This isn't the best build though, and I would do it differently.

That build that you linked is a good build (f I do say so myself), but it is more for Operations and Flashpoints where there are long sustained fights. It really isn't for soloing and leveling.

If I were to give you a build to level in, I would recommend this one.

It has a balance between survivability and AoE damage. Both of these are very useful doing landscape quests.

Hope this helps!
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

jsalemi
04.10.2012 , 02:33 PM | #53
He has some interesting builds and info on that site. I'm thinking of going back to SS for pvp, using a modified version of his Focused Sharpshooter build. I'm going to run it this way for a while, and see how it does.
"No. No way. I'm not being bait. Not this time."

Necodreus
04.10.2012 , 03:18 PM | #54
Subbing for my future GS.

Ghrunn Felshard, DS Vanguard
Order of Methedras
Corellians Run
Primary Edict: Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. Squadron 238B

jsalemi
04.10.2012 , 04:03 PM | #55
Of course, now that we know for sure that 1.2 comes out in 2 days, it's time to get ready to test new specs.

GalnarDegana
04.10.2012 , 04:07 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by jsalemi View Post
He has some interesting builds and info on that site. I'm thinking of going back to SS for pvp, using a modified version of his Focused Sharpshooter build. I'm going to run it this way for a while, and see how it does.
Thanks! (it's my site lol)

That is a great looking build, fantastic for pre-50 PvP. I enjoy Dirty Fighting or Saboteur for PvP now at 50, because the armor values scaled really well for Juggernauts and Bounty Hunters, making them much harder to kill with straight up energy damage like in SS.

The changes made to Warzones made my "Focused Sharpshooter Build" a little obsolete, and I would change certain talents like the extended time on Vital Shot's bleed. While I would take that for a Dirty Fighting build, I wouldn't take it for a SS build now that DoTs don't prevent caps in Warzones.

I definitely like that one you put, because it has some great debuffs and all of the good Sharpshooter talents. The final Tier 7 SS talent isn't great for PvP because you stay still for too long (and I see you left it off, just agreeing with you).
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

Riiquiem
04.10.2012 , 04:16 PM | #57
/off-topic...

I'm really p*ssed... just received a mail from the swtor support that my name "Starbuckz" is violating the copyright.... I have to change my name.
A name that I used in sooo many online games I cant even count but of course in SWTOR I'm not allowed to use it?!

Guess I will quit it, thanks guys.
I had a fun time with you.
Child of Murakami Orchid - now The Jedi Tower:
The Belegendary Legacy

Aerilon - 50 Gunslinger :: Riqui - 50 Shadow :: Riiquiem - 50 Sage
Jeendra - 48 Sentinel :: C'assus - 24 Commando

jsalemi
04.10.2012 , 05:36 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
Thanks! (it's my site lol)

That is a great looking build, fantastic for pre-50 PvP. I enjoy Dirty Fighting or Saboteur for PvP now at 50, because the armor values scaled really well for Juggernauts and Bounty Hunters, making them much harder to kill with straight up energy damage like in SS.

I definitely like that one you put, because it has some great debuffs and all of the good Sharpshooter talents. The final Tier 7 SS talent isn't great for PvP because you stay still for too long (and I see you left it off, just agreeing with you).
Thanks! I'm going to run it at 50, at least for the next 2 days to get a feel for it before trying the new 1.2 specs out.

Quote: Originally Posted by Riiquiem View Post
That stinks, man -- we'll miss you.

GalnarDegana
04.10.2012 , 06:13 PM | #59
/off-topic...

I'm really p*ssed... just received a mail from the swtor support that my name "Starbuckz" is violating the copyright.... I have to change my name.
A name that I used in sooo many online games I cant even count but of course in SWTOR I'm not allowed to use it?!

No way! Don't leave! Why can't you just change your name? (It is dumb by the way, as that isn't their name, it is spelled with an "s" at the end lol)

Lightning_
04.11.2012 , 05:12 AM | #60
/off-topic...

Let's just put all the blame on imps for that - and destroy them even more in 1.2