Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

Irongut's Avatar


Irongut
12.12.2013 , 09:25 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
punctuation has little to do with the validity or strength of an argument.
Actually punctuation has a lot to do with the validity and strength of an argument because without punctuation it is often impossible to understand the point a person is trying to make. If people can't understand your argument then it has no strength and very little validity.

To address the op, scout ships die to other classes all the time you just need to work out how to counter them. Yes they are fast, yes they are hard to hit so find ways to work round that. If you take on a scout alone in a larger ship you will have a hard time hitting him so take him on with a wingman or lead him into the turrets of a satelite you control for extra dps. Another method is to get him playing a circling game, which makes him almost still, and have a gunship shoot him. Scouts can usually be one shotted by gunships.

If you use some thought and teamwork no ship class is overpowered.
(Apart from bombers apparently but I didn't try the PTS so I don't know.)
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)

wishihadaname's Avatar


wishihadaname
12.12.2013 , 09:27 AM | #32
Scouts don't top the leaderboard. Skill tops the leaderboard. And by the way, if you are having trouble with the striker, you have 4 options.
1) Optimize it to hunt scouts (turning radius, quick charge shields, cluster missles, turning or engine debuff comp)
2) Quit trying to hunt scouts and do whatever it was you built your ship to do instead
3) Try a different class
4) Cry on the forums while accomplishing nothing other than whining to the devs to ruin the only balanced piece of content they have ever produced because you refuse to adapt. (can't blame you, works great for smashers in pvp but thats another story)
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 09:33 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
Scouts don't top the leaderboard. Skill tops the leaderboard. And by the way, if you are having trouble with the striker, you have 4 options.
1) Optimize it to hunt scouts (turning radius, quick charge shields, cluster missles, turning or engine debuff comp)
2) Quit trying to hunt scouts and do whatever it was you built your ship to do instead
3) Try a different class
4) Cry on the forums while accomplishing nothing other than whining to the devs to ruin the only balanced piece of content they have ever produced because you refuse to adapt. (can't blame you, works great for smashers in pvp but thats another story)
tell that to this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=703085 really the only thing I find OP is Blaster Overcharge and Distortion Fields. Its giving them there near invulnerability and the far to strong of burst for far to long everything else about a scout (its speed its maneuverability everything) is perfectly fine but those 2 abilities are pushing them far ahead of everything else.

wishihadaname's Avatar


wishihadaname
12.12.2013 , 09:44 AM | #34
Distortion field: It lasts 3 seconds and doesn't prevent cluster missles from hitting. Problem solved

Blaster overcharge: Power shield, directional shields, superior maneuvers, quick charge shields, engine abilities. Dodge. Problem solved.

Also the leaderboards are not a good measure of scout merit. Ok so there are about 12 exceptional pilots flying scouts who currently dominate the kill records. So what? Did you control for premades and voice coordination? Did you control for whether or not they were fighting scrubs who were still trying to figure out how the power management works? I got 16 kills in my scout a few days back because the entire rep team was newbies still learning to avoid asteroids. That doesn't say anything.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 09:51 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
Distortion field: It lasts 3 seconds and doesn't prevent cluster missles from hitting. Problem solved

Blaster overcharge: Power shield, directional shields, superior maneuvers, quick charge shields, engine abilities. Dodge. Problem solved.

Also the leaderboards are not a good measure of scout merit. Ok so there are about 12 exceptional pilots flying scouts who currently dominate the kill records. So what? Did you control for premades and voice coordination? Did you control for whether or not they were fighting scrubs who were still trying to figure out how the power management works? I got 16 kills in my scout a few days back because the entire rep team was newbies still learning to avoid asteroids. That doesn't say anything.

Fully upgraded Distortion field prevents missile locks.

Blaster overcharge when fully upgraded can drop those very shields and the ships armor in around 2-3 seconds they last around 10 seconds.

The scouts I see on my server Average 60-80k damage a game and 14-17 kills better then most gunships, while yes there are a few noobs on the opposite side their seem to be just as many on their side, some of them run premades but 1 I know runs solo, yes some of it is skill but a lot of it is the 2 abilities I mentioned. Look at the upgrades they matter.

Also leader boards matter in the sense that if it was just all skill then we would see an occasion strike class get a lucky game where it dominates and gets high damage but this NEVER happens because they simply don't have the Offensive, defensive Cds to dish out the kind of punishment like the scout does with the kind of impunity the scout can do it with.

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 09:56 AM | #36
Good pilots are overpowered because they outmaneuver me. They need to be nerfed.

Story of this thread.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

willfarlow's Avatar


willfarlow
12.12.2013 , 09:58 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I smell large quatitiies of L2P. On a strike one hit from ion completely destroys a Scout's shields and two blaster hits to the scout's nonexistent hull are fatal. The only thing that keeps a scout alive is its pilot's skill. Peroid. If the scouts are not being shot down its because they are being attacked by lesser players.

You could also roll a gunship and just laugh while you one-shot the scouts from 15km away
UNLESS in a scout you are able to sneak up on the gunship and tag them hard while they're busy sniping someone else.
Just sayin'.
As a scout pilot, it isn't so much about the kills for me when it comes to gunships, but disrupting their sniping. Make 'em relocate and they aren't sniping.
But I fly scout almost exclusively, and I don't think they're OPed at all...I die all the time. I still prefer the scout's speed though. I just think it's more fun to play.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
12.12.2013 , 09:59 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Good pilots are overpowered because they outmaneuver me. They need to be nerfed.

Story of this thread.
I am just going to upgrade the flashfire and Lawls at everyone who said they were fine, the first time I took one out I got 50k damage and 15 kills the ease of getting those kills is incredible. The fact that nobody sees it is what makes it even more hilarious when its recorded all over the leaderboards. Ignorance is bliss no wonder so many of you guys are happy with them.

Vember's Avatar


Vember
12.12.2013 , 10:00 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by mr_sim View Post
I now believe that what the scout needs is a reduction in firepower, .
What the...!?!

Zoom_VI's Avatar


Zoom_VI
12.12.2013 , 10:02 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I am just going to upgrade the flashfire and Lawls at everyone who said they were fine, the first time I took one out I got 50k damage and 15 kills the ease of getting those kills is incredible. The fact that nobody sees it is what makes it even more hilarious when its recorded all over the leaderboards. Ignorance is bliss no wonder so many of you guys are happy with them.
I just playing my strike for the first time and I got 100 kills and 1 mil damage.

Anecdotes are fun.

Even if your story is true, then all it does is back up my argument of you where trying to play your strike like a flashfire and losing because that's not what strikes are for.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.