Augment slot on all gear 1.3

Kosef

So...what will be the point of crafters now. Why allow any and everyone to just use an augment table to get augment slot. They could have simply allowed crafters to create an augment kit, that could be traded/sold, that a player could then in turn take to a augment table and use...but no. Lets just make it free so that crafting sucks more than it does now.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us hear the full report on this before going crazy. As far as I am aware, they did want crafters involved so probably the materials or whatever to add an augment slot to a type of gear requires a synthweaver or an armormech to add it so crafters will still be viable and a lot of that gear now that we make that does not crit craft will then actually have the capability to be augmented so we can still viably sell it.

At this point, just bring out the tables and let it be done with.

The post 1.2 crafting is a joke. The demand (at least on my server) for armor with an augment spot is almost 0%, and unless they are almost given away they don't sell on the GTN. There were no new schematics added. So all those different sets of orange armor that I did want to craft for an augment spot, I'm not able to.

Once they add augment tables in 1.3, I'll be able to set up the sets of armor I want to use for pve/pvp, have the look I want and will then drop armormech right away for biochem, since it's the only craft skill that still matters. I'd drop it now, but still need to make a few more augmented sets for alts and guild members.

A joke? Dude I have made so much money by people who know how to use the gear. L2Economy

This augment slot will be awesome for crafted items as well. If you don't crit you can just throw it on the block. Saves from having to make 4 to just get 1 augmented.

A joke? Dude I have made so much money by people who know how to use the gear. L2Economy

This augment slot will be awesome for crafted items as well. If you don't crit you can just throw it on the block. Saves from having to make 4 to just get 1 augmented.

How much? Really. How much?

And do you really think that people are going to buy the ugly armor we have now to put augments in later? Aside from one or two medium armors, what we can make now is ugly as sin- it looks like a Goodwill with a fresh supply of hand-me-down potato sacks, and since we can't make boots and gloves it's an even uglier mishmash, while low level flashpoints have full sets of matching armor. PvP vendors have full sets of matching armor. Legacy vendors have full sets of matching armor- including belts and wrists.

Unless the Underworld Trading plans that were supposed to show up in 1.2 include gloves and boots and a serious upgrade on looks, no one's going to buy our stuff, Sunshine. They'll go right to the money sink table and put on their own augment slots.

As far as saying nothing and waiting to see what happens, by then it will be too late. We need to know ahead what this is going to do to crew skills.

I'm actually a little leery now too. They *said* that the means of adding augment slots wouldn't devalue crafters, but something about the phrasing used in the podcast made it seem like it didn't involve crafters in any way, which would DRAMATICALLY devalue crafters.

What would be good?

Each crafting skill can make augmentation kits, all of which will require rare materials. (Maybe Rakata Energy Nodes, maybe Alien Data cubes, maybe Biometric Crystal Alloy, maybe Enriched Durasteel/Perfect Upari Crystal.) These kits will be skill-specific; Armormech kits can only add slots to tech armor, Armstech kits to tech weapons, Artifice kits to lightsabers, relics, and offhand wieldables, Synthweaving kits to Force armor, Cybertech kits to earpieces, and Biochem kits to implants. (Maybe even different kinds of kits for different kinds of items; Armstechs would make different kits for different kinds of weapon, Synthweavers would make different kits for different armor slots, et cetera.) They will not bind on pickup, but are consumed upon use. The schematics for these augmentation kits would drop from Mission skills, or maybe instead from endgame content.

And to throw the PvPers a bone, maybe make it possible to craft Expertise augments.

What would be good?

Each crafting skill can make augmentation kits, all of which will require rare materials. (Maybe Rakata Energy Nodes, maybe Alien Data cubes, maybe Biometric Crystal Alloy, maybe Enriched Durasteel/Perfect Upari Crystal.) These kits will be skill-specific; Armormech kits can only add slots to tech armor, Armstech kits to tech weapons, Artifice kits to lightsabers, relics, and offhand wieldables, Synthweaving kits to Force armor, Cybertech kits to earpieces, and Biochem kits to implants. (Maybe even different kinds of kits for different kinds of items; Armstechs would make different kits for different kinds of weapon, Synthweavers would make different kits for different armor slots, et cetera.) They will not bind on pickup, but are consumed upon use. The schematics for these augmentation kits would drop from Mission skills, or maybe instead from endgame content.

And to throw the PvPers a bone, maybe make it possible to craft Expertise augments.

BW hire this man. I mean really it's that simple...of course..BW will do the complete opposite and somehow manage to make crafting worse than it already is....bet that,

So...what will be the point of crafters now. Why allow any and everyone to just use an augment table to get augment slot. They could have simply allowed crafters to create an augment kit, that could be traded/sold, that a player could then in turn take to a augment table and use...but no. Lets just make it free so that crafting sucks more than it does now.

^ Ignorance is bliss I guess.*

Obviously, augmenting a piece rather than rolling the dice when crafting will probably be expensive.

* /sarcasm

A joke? Dude I have made so much money by people who know how to use the gear. L2Economy.

It's not learn to use the market when there is no demand for the items. As I said there is almost a 0% demand for augmented items on my server. Augmented armor around 20-30k might sell, anything over that just sits there. The only items that sell post 1.2 are the augments, which I sell alot of, and they will sell better once everyone can add an augment to any piece of gear they want to.

If it costs 5 million credits to add the augment slot for each peice of gear, crafters will still be useful :rak_03:

We have no way of knowing how the change will play out, yet.

Augmented gear will just jump in price by a couple mil then. I'll sell my augmented sabers for 3 mil cause the only other way people will get em is for 5 mil

I wonder what will happen to belts and braces, if anyone will be able to augment these, then synthweaving and armormech will be completely useless and everyone would be biochem for unlimited medpacks, as for

What would be good?

It would still not make crew skills other than biochem useful, everyone would just pick all these crew skills with their alts and use biochem with their mains. There must always be some sort of perk to the crafter, so if you can augment every single piece of equipment, using the table (even if it did require you to buy/craft a kit, like venomlash suggested) it would not provide that perk to anyone, but biochem, so I suggest multiple augment slots:

Armormech: ability to add a second augment slot to belts and braces (1 from table, 1 as a crafter perk, which would require 400 Armormech to equip that belt and braces after they're modded with a second augment slot)

Artifice: ability to add a second and third augment slot to main hand (1 from table, 2 as a crafter perk, which would require 400 Artifice to equip that main hand after it's modded with a second augment slot)

OR

ability to add a second augment slot to main hand and first augment slot to offhand (1 from table, 1 as a crafter perk and 1 for offhand also as a crafter perk which would require 400 Artifice to equip that main hand and off hand after they're modded with a second augment slot)

Armstech: same as Artifice

Biochem: no changes, they already have unlimited medpacks, best stims and adrenals.

Cybertech: ability to add a second and third augment slot to earpieces (1 from table, 2 as a crafter perk, which would require 400 Cybertech to equip that earpiece after it's modded with a second augment slot)

Synthweaving: Same as Armormech

They could also just make biochem a general crew skill, which is not really counted as a real crew skill (something like Cooking in wow). That would forever end this 'Biochem VS everything else' thing.

Edited by Aelther

This would be a bad idea, keep the crew skills away from the min/maxing.

I don't know what you are doing, but 1.2 changes brought great benefits to crafters, i know that i made more than 6 mil on the GTN post 1.2.

The above proposal to let crafters create an "add augment slot" item is indeed a good idea, maybe even better if they can craft it by level, for example:

augment slot adder 19 (armormech) : Adds an augment slot to a non force user armor piece. This slot will be able to support augments of maximum grade 19.

So you have a whole new range of those items from level 1 to 50, and you can make the 22 ones use those rare metals/silks that now are almost useless.

The above proposal to let crafters create an "add augment slot" item is indeed a good idea, maybe even better if they can craft it by level, for example:

augment slot adder 19 (armormech) : Adds an augment slot to a non force user armor piece. This slot will be able to support augments of maximum grade 19.

So you have a whole new range of those items from level 1 to 50, and you can make the 22 ones use those rare metals/silks that now are almost useless.

Something like this sounds good. If it's only one item per item type ("synth augmenter", "lightsaber augmenter", etc), the market is just too small (or maybe "concentrated" would be a better word). Similar to what would happen if we only had one type of craftable orange now. Or maybe we could have "light armor chest augmenter" etc.

Point being, if crafting various orange outfits becomes (almost) obsolete, crafters should get many different replacement things to craft, instead of one item that everyone is making.

What would be good?

I agree that crafting kits should be needed to use the augment table but making them require these rare materials is a horrible idea that leaves many crafters out in the cold. Also, I think it would be very difficult to require a specific augment kit for certain types of items unless there is a tool tip on each one saying what it can be used on. However, even then it would be difficult for buyers. "I have heavy armor, which augment kit do I buy? Synthweaving or Armsmech?"

point is..something needs to be done. We need to know AHEAD OF TIME.. what BW plans on doing so we can give feedback. Based on their stellar track record /sarcasm...I have my doubts about how this will be implemented, and also that it will probably ruin what little crafting economy there is.

It's not learn to use the market when there is no demand for the items. As I said there is almost a 0% demand for augmented items on my server. Augmented armor around 20-30k might sell, anything over that just sits there. The only items that sell post 1.2 are the augments, which I sell alot of, and they will sell better once everyone can add an augment to any piece of gear they want to.

If there was zero demand for the items, then they wouldn't sell for 20-30k. They wouldn't sell at all. The problem sounds not like there's no demand, but that you're pricing your wares too high.

I agree that crafting kits should be needed to use the augment table but making them require these rare materials is a horrible idea that leaves many crafters out in the cold. Also, I think it would be very difficult to require a specific augment kit for certain types of items unless there is a tool tip on each one saying what it can be used on. However, even then it would be difficult for buyers. "I have heavy armor, which augment kit do I buy? Synthweaving or Armsmech?"

Every higher order of gear will have to integrate as many crew skills as possible. And the rarer the abilities the better. But at the same time the more the economy will revolve around endgame (level 6 material based) gear the less supply or demand there will be for lower stuff. But at the same time, more people will be able to pay more for lower stuff.

Ok, just listened to the pod cast, and I'm getting the impression that adding augments might be limited to end game gear. Also I think if there is a crafting limit placed on how augments can be added, a lot of people will be very unhappy with that.

The phrasing from the podcast was something like being able to add an aug slot to anything "which crafters get for free" -- clearly they haven't seen the amount of "wasted" (non-crit) orange gear that crafters have to generate to get those "free" ones.

A simpler way would be to just have a new version of the existing crafted augments that doesn't NEED a slot -- it just fits in, and anyone that can make the augment now can make the new type.

Oh, and allow the non-crit orange stuff to at least be broken back down for materials.

If there was zero demand for the items, then they wouldn't sell for 20-30k. They wouldn't sell at all. The problem sounds not like there's no demand, but that you're pricing your wares too high.

This. Considering they cost maybe 3k per augmented item to make on average, selling for 20-30k is pretty decent profit. Try to sell for much more than that and people will just make their own.

Ok, just listened to the pod cast, and I'm getting the impression that adding augments might be limited to end game gear. Also I think if there is a crafting limit placed on how augments can be added, a lot of people will be very unhappy with that.

Depends on how it's done. People aren't terribly unhappy buying stuff from crafters if they don't have to make it themselves. It's only if they actually require YOU to be a crafter to augment your stuff that there will be a problem.