My list of PvP issues

Kellindell

1) Cant mouse click targets

Its near impossible. As a healer trying to heal a bunch of pugs whose names I dont know and gear i dont recognize, I pretty much have to mouse click. If I am standing still, and they are standing still, and noone else is around them I still have trouble. Add in movement and enemies its near impossible. I feel like my mouse pointer always defaults to enemies.

2) Resolve bar doesnt work.

I am often CCed several times when my resolve bar is full. Not much more to say about it other then that. I was pretty sure the entire point was that when it filled up I dont get CCed. Pretty much every death I take is because I was CCed from 100 to 0, I remember being told that wasnt going to happen.

3) UI is awful for healing.

Just plain awful. And its buggy, often in WZs I have the wrong names on my list, or people dont show up or their health bars always show as full regardless of what they actually are. If I could mouse click on people, this wouldnt be so bad, but I cant. So now I become a sub par DPS, or a really terrible healer who cant find anyone to heal.

4) CC seems out of control.

I cant remember the last time I wasnt being knocked off a ledge, stunned, rooted etc... Its constantly happening, and for some classes their CC is mixed in with their damage. Seems a bit much. Maybe this wouldnt be so bad if resolve worked, I dont know. But right now I just feel like im constantly under the affects of some sort of CC and it never ends.

5) Differences in very small things, differences in "Mirrors".

IE Project VS sith version, or the fact that hammershot heal can be done on the run but diagnostic scan cant. I dont know why games put extremely similar skills in a game but then make one worse then the other instead of just leaving them the same.

These differences need to be streamlined, especially in the mirror classes.

6) This is possibly the most annoying one. Animations dont line up with attacks.

What I mean is, A Sith or Jedi leaps on me. All of a sudden my character cant move, and I am taking damage and then 4 seconds later I see the Jedi/Sith instantly appear on my screen. this isnt lag, ive checked my system, and ive heard similar complaints from other people.

Any good PvPer will tell you they react to the visuals of the game. Over time you learn to recognize what every skill looks like, and you react accordingly. When my character magically cant move, I dont know if its lag, a bug, or what. I dont know if I should use my trinket, vanish etc... When people use vanishing skills they see the animation, but other people dont. How do I know to AOE the guy out of stealth if I am not sure if he lagged out, disconnected or actually used a skill?

7) Interrupts are not off the global.

Skills exist that are, like riposte so I know it can be done. I know games like WoW have to many skills like this that lead to button mashing mindless playing, and I dont want that. But those skills should be off the global otherwise they are almost pointless unless you sit their hovering over someone doing nothing waiting for them to cast something. Which in the end isnt worth the time you lost doing nothing waiting to possibly stop a spell they might cast. Increase the cooldown on them and take them off the global.

8) Too many skills that are extremely similar.

I dont know about all the other classes, but I have played shadow and smuggler and Knight, and I find my bars filling up with alot of similar skills, but are just different enough that I need them on my bar. Several fixes to this could be employed. More hotbars, streamlining the abilities etc... Take your pick.

9) Only one bottom hotbar, and only one right side hotbar.

Sorry, that left side hotbar isnt doing jack all for me in PvP. Rarely do I mouse click something, but if I have too, I want everything to be centralized, not all over my screen. Id really love to turn off that left side hotbar and replace it with another rightside or bottom one, please make that happen.

10) Sprint turning off on death. Make it like paladin auras in WoW, make it stay on until you turn it off. I know its a little thing, but its just annoying. I dont mind clicking my buff, but my personal sprint should be on all the time.

These next ones are just personal things

1) Clunky rotation for Sawbones healing.

I go in, I have to drop a skill to get upperhand buff X2 so I can blow one on recuperate and have the other so I have my increased healing. On top of that I have cool head for a 50 energy pop. Im not saying its to much to handle, it just has a poor rhythm, and its ALOT to monitor.

2) underhand buff doesnt last long enough. This goes into the above, but man it needs to last longer.

3) Energy regen degrading as we use more of it.

Im sorry, this doesnt fly in PvP. Noone else has to deal with this, and most people get buffs to their pool passively (Shadows coming out of stealth for example) but we have to use abilities to gain upperhand to use recuperate. So we have to lose energy to gain energy, it makes no sense. It makes the rotation even more clunky.

Every other class keeps their regen smooth. And in PvP if you arent dumping heals out on people, you are a bad healer. Its so easy to just blow through your entire pool of energy making you worthless for a really long time.

4) Diagnostic scan not functioning on the run. Not enough mobility in sawbones healing.

Bring it in line with hammershot, let us do it on the run. That might even fix the energy pool problem as speccing the 4 points into diagnostic scan would be worth it for the energy regen if you could do it on the move. Right now Sawbones are too stationary.

What boggles my mind is, compared to a commando healer, who has this giant gun and heavy armor VS a sawbones who has a single pistol and just wears regular clothes, the scoundrel has less mobility then the full armored guy. Doesnt make alot of sense to me.

They get more survivability through armor, more mobility with their skills, and they dont have the issues with resource pools like sawbones does. As far as sages go, well we have seen them in action so why bother touching on that =)

Oh yeah,

Constant uneven numbers

Not sure about other servers, but I play republic and at least 75% of the WZs Sith has more players, and the majority of those times its like 2:1.

And then what ends up happening is the WZ ends because it doesnt have enough people.

Id rather then queu never happen then waste all that time loading, buffing etc... to get my a** beat for 90 seconds to get booted, for it happen all over again.

Do something for this, make it not queu, make it queu people one at a time, I dont care. Its just getting really annoying.

No drawback for leaving.

The uneven numbers are bad enough, but when people can leave whenever they want without suffering a penalty it gets worse.

IE people come in, see we are outnumbered, they leave making it worse.

Or.

The few times Rep does win, the sith get all upset and leave. The other night I was so happy, we three capped alderaan in the initial push, and the numbers on each side seemed even. Next thing I know, so many sith left the WZ we got the message it was going to end early.

Add rewards for open world PvP. Sith standing next to Jedi trading the same objective for a daily is not PvP.

Allow 8 person guild groups in warzones. Bad Republic pugs are always breaking CC, pulling aggro to the backcap, and are useless in Huttball.

Don't break the group when entering a warzone and overide solo queues with the group queue.

Open grouping on Ilum and PvP planets.

Friendly pull is disabled in Huttball but friendly leap is not?

9) Only one bottom hotbar, and only one right side hotbar.

Sorry, that left side hotbar isnt doing jack all for me in PvP. Rarely do I mouse click something, but if I have too, I want everything to be centralized, not all over my screen. Id really love to turn off that left side hotbar and replace it with another rightside or bottom one, please make that happen.

Have you even opened the interface options?

Have you even opened the interface options?

I mean one extra.

You get your base hotbar, and you get the one under it.

In some games you get 3-5 bars all at the bottom of your screen.

In wow you get two right side bars.

This game has so many skills, more so then RIFT or WAR, and possibly more then WoW and yet you have less UI bars to use, and at least one of them is in a worthless place.

I mean one extra.

You get your base hotbar, and you get the one under it.

In some games you get 3-5 bars all at the bottom of your screen.

In wow you get two right side bars.

This game has so many skills, more so then RIFT or WAR, and possibly more then WoW and yet you have less UI bars to use, and at least one of them is in a worthless place.

Fair enough. I certainly don't disagree that the game needs a fair bit of UI tweaking.

ive noticed that sometimes i can cast project as im running and sometimes i have to stop to cast it. in either case i cant turn or strafe until the animation is complete...i can only run forward. seems to be the case with both keys and mouse movement

5) Differences in very small things, differences in "Mirrors".

IE Project VS sith version, or the fact that hammershot heal can be done on the run but diagnostic scan cant. I dont know why games put extremely similar skills in a game but then make one worse then the other instead of just leaving them the same.

These differences need to be streamlined, especially in the mirror classes.

Hammershot and Diagnostic scan aren't mirrors. Hammershots mirror is Rapid shots which is literally identical except for the name.