Season 8 Rewards

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Here are the preliminary rewards for Season 8! Where mah day-early donuts, Keith?!?! :)

First, the items that will be given to each individual based on which tier they place in based on their rating:

• Battle Flag
  • Framed Stronghold Decoration
  • Character Flair
  • Title

Second, the Top 96 folks will additionally receive:

• Title
  • Character Flair

Last but not least, the individual items which can be purchased with Season 8 tokens:

• PvP weapon set (one of each weapon type)
  • New PvP inspired Stronghold Decorations
  • Color crystal
  • Mount

In the next few weeks we will work on getting you an exact list of what each item is along with screenshots. As a reminder, the season will be ending with Game Update 5.4. Let us know your thoughts!

-eric

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is how you motivate me. Time for me to hardcore grind some tokens. I've barely played a dozen ranked games this season because last season's rewards did not motivate me (I still have about 40k tokens unspent), and I assumed that S8 rewards would be the same kind of meh. I'm pleasantly surprised. :eek:

Cheers!

P.S. The stronghold decos seem interesting as well.

P.P.S The character flair based on Ranked tier is a good idea. I like that more than titles.

Edited by teclado

Hey folks,

Here are the preliminary rewards for Season 8! Where mah day-early donuts, Keith?!?! :)

First, the items that will be given to each individual based on which tier they place in based on their rating:

• Battle Flag
  • Character Flair
  • Title

• Title
  • Character Flair

Last but not least, the individual items which can be purchased with Season 8 tokens:

• Color crystal
  • Mount

In the next few weeks we will work on getting you an exact list of what each item is along with screenshots. As a reminder, the season will be ending with Game Update 5.4. Let us know your thoughts!

-eric

you have the amount of token you need for eachthing to buy?

• Dev Post
would be interesting to see the ratings.

you have the amount of token you need for eachthing to buy?

This kind of info, such as tier breakdowns, item costs, and exact items (like what the mount is, etc) will all come in the next communication. I don't have a timeframe for it right now beyond "in the next few weeks." If I get more specific timing estimates before then I will share!

-eric

This kind of info, such as tier breakdowns, item costs, and exact items (like what the mount is, etc) will all come in the next communication. I don't have a timeframe for it right now beyond "in the next few weeks." If I get more specific timing estimates before then I will share!

-eric

If you could prioritize the ratings for each tier it would be great.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I get characters to 1650 under the assumption that that will be good enough for tier 1. If it isn't I've got a lot of work to do before the end of the season...

Weaponbox the dream! It is back!!! I will be looking forward to the tiers but judging from the higher percentage of players above 1600 than in any other season I think it will be higher than any previous season.

I think you might want to adress the leaderboards before this though because they are an absolute trainwreck due to not working anymore and being clogged with people who transferred their character.

I hope this will be adressed alongside the changes you are going to make to ranked PvP as said in the roadmap.

(Cross server + cross faction queues like Odessen hint hint hint please? :rod_angel_g: )

(Cross server + cross faction queues like Odessen hint hint hint please? :rod_angel_g: )

^^ Cross-faction would make so much sense for solo Ranked IMO, and I think it could mitigate a few issues in one fell swoop. I'm sure you guys have thought of this, but consider it a gentle nudge. ;) Thanks!

Edited by teclado

what the use of having tokens..if you gonna put everything behind ratings..from win trading and hackers cheating people out of games..ratings shouldn't be a criteria on getting weapons..just have a flat out price to buy with rank war zone tokens..

top 96 i can understand that having it own reward and criteria..but weapons and other rewards should be based on price of tokens..not by ratings..Eric yall said the reason for Bioware going to a token currency to eliminate the trolls and hackers in rank..which affect people ratings and people not getting rewards cause of the trolls, hackers and win traders..

Eric hope you can respond back to my post..give the community a clear answer..

Edited by Xertasian

Can you please stack the rewards? For example, I reached gold on TR on my sorc (1658 elo) while I have 2825 elo in solo because in last season people recieved gold just once even if they had gold in both tr and yolo. Hope that will be fixed for s8. Edited by VladThePada

Can you please stack the rewards? For example, I reached gold on TR on my sorc (1658 elo) while I have 2825 elo in solo because in last season people recieved gold just once even if they had gold in both tr and yolo. Hope that will be fixed for s8.

Yes please, fix the amount of tokens awarded for multiple tiers, so tier 1 will not get more tokens than top 3.

Also, can we have the option to choose old rewards from old seasons? With a rename, reskin, and even a rarity change to be able to distinguish them from the original rewards?

That can be good.

Hey folks,

• Battle Flag
  • Character Flair
  • Title

-eric

if we have gold rating do we get the bronze and silver titles given as well?

if we have gold rating do we get the bronze and silver titles given as well?

it wasn't like this last season, TR and SR rewards weren't even stacking..like if you got team ranked gold and solo ranked gold you get gold tier rewards only once...imo it should be twice since you worked hard to get t1 on both yolo and tr

Hey folks,

• Battle Flag
  • Character Flair
  • Title

• Title
  • Character Flair

• Color crystal
  • Mount

-eric

Ban Jeezee. That's enough.

One could say the same thing about 3.0 madness sin meta, or the 2.0 op healer meta...

yeah every season has had its favorites. this season is probably among the best for TR; just a shame there's no population for it.

This season shoudl be scrapped and started anew after balance changes.

you want to scrap 7 months of ranked? are you serious?

many people are very glad you're nowhere near in charge.

Any chance for retroactive flairs for previous season top 3s?

i'd say just leave the flairs for previous seasons. it would dig too much into the dev's time to design and implement a unique one for each previous season. it wouldn't add much value to the existing titles. plus flairs are good for the cartel market, which keeps the game going. soon there's gonna be plenty of flairs to choose from.

if you're thinking of having the same flairs for each season that could be worthwhile

Edited by themachinemann