Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Class Changes: Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tsillah
09.26.2017 , 09:26 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by thunder_saber View Post
Also the Maras and Sents have better Dcd than Sin/Shadows . Out performing Sins in pvp hahahaha ...ppl who think this and want this nerf to sin/shadows must be maining a Merc / Sniper . The sin / shadow is the only class with the least defensive cool downs or utilities in the game .
But it does have perma-stealth, sleep without a cd and can stealth out of combat. Those are things that are very powerful in PvP particularly. I just don't get why people ignore these abilities as if they do nothing.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

invertioN
09.26.2017 , 09:51 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Yeah... Hatred got some justice done here.

The solution to this problem is roll hatred. Problem solved.

Sad nerf again. Wait till you see what they gonna do with the defenses of classes. Getting popcorn ready for that because its gonna be a real party.
yea but hatred takes a lot more damage
And even after nerf it doesn't do enough damage to justify the dtps
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

DavidAtkinson
09.26.2017 , 10:03 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
yea but hatred takes a lot more damage
And even after nerf it doesn't do enough damage to justify the dtps
yeah... I switched to hatred a week ago. Played a few ranked games too. Glass canon... you just hope that enemy team doesn't realize or care that you are hatred.

DarthHammer
09.26.2017 , 10:47 AM | #114
Lol. Bioware just totally killed the viability of this class in PvP especially in Ranked where the offset of being a melee against ranged classes with absurd dcds, snares, slows and damage was the burst capability of this spec. Fortunatelly Im playing sniper now, but I just recall trying to 1v1 a merc as a sin and the dmg output was necessary to at least have a chance to go throught its 3 lives, shields and kiting

The funny thing is that only 5 maybe 10 decep sins/shadows across Harb and TRE are capable of pushing this spec to the limits in Warzones and Ranked. The rest of hundreds sins will just underperform even more after the nerf is implemented.

Note: This is from a PvP perspective. I have no idea about PvE

ultimarb
09.26.2017 , 10:54 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Yeah... Hatred got some justice done here.

The solution to this problem is roll hatred. Problem solved.

Sad nerf again. Wait till you see what they gonna do with the defenses of classes. Getting popcorn ready for that because its gonna be a real party.
just reroll from one of zhe most entertaining specs (deception) to the most boring and annoying spec of this game...even the animations are worse.
even at the ne aivela & esne encounter the spec doesnt justify the better dmg output compared to burst...you'll have maybe twice the dtps from burst. try to justify this to your healers XD

Kirtastropohe
09.26.2017 , 10:58 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthHammer View Post
The funny thing is that only 5 maybe 10 decep sins/shadows across Harb and TRE are capable of pushing this spec to the limits in Warzones and Ranked. The rest of hundreds sins will just underperform even more after the nerf is implemented.

Note: This is from a PvP perspective. I have no idea about PvE
This is 100% correct. Only a very few can reach the absolute max capability and would be doing things to the point where a nerf might even be considered. The overall masses of people playing the class will never each those levels, and thus you are hurting many people in the name of nerfing the few.

and it's even worse for PvP. Horrible, horrible, horrible decisions being made by BW.

invertioN
09.26.2017 , 11:08 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirtastropohe View Post
This is 100% correct. Only a very few can reach the absolute max capability and would be doing things to the point where a nerf might even be considered. The overall masses of people playing the class will never each those levels, and thus you are hurting many people in the name of nerfing the few.

and it's even worse for PvP. Horrible, horrible, horrible decisions being made by BW.
Can we even call this a decision tbh?. They are just trying to get specs closer to their target dps, 1 by 1. I would say that's the MAIN Decision and every new change is just carrying out that decision, disregarding how the classes will perform in pvp and how that would affect other classes strength.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

Kirtastropohe
09.26.2017 , 11:38 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by invertioN View Post
Can we even call this a decision tbh?. They are just trying to get specs closer to their target dps, 1 by 1. I would say that's the MAIN Decision and every new change is just carrying out that decision, disregarding how the classes will perform in pvp and how that would affect other classes strength.
They have this magical metric in mind and if some class "overperforms", they decide based solely on some dps metric to screw a class over. And that's pretty much the root of their problems. PvE and PvP are totally different and DPS is only one component of it. The devs are constantly hurting players in this game by making adjustments based one stat and how it affects PvE or PvP (usually PvE).

I also totally understand that the devs don't have the money to do the proper work to fix all this stuff. If they did, they would acknowledge the simple truth that PvE and PvP combat and how things work need to be separated. That allows changes to be made for PvP that don't break PvE and vise versa.

Currently, it seems like the issue is that infiltration is overperforming in PvE, but changes to fix that PvE overperformance are going to really, really hurt the class in PvP. The overall objective of the Devs is to create a game that people want to play and enjoy playing. Do these changes to the shadows make people want to play the toon or not play it? I realize of course, that no nerf is welcomed by the majority of players of that class, but objective minds often acknowledge when their class is OP. Given the small % of shadows that might be good enough to perform at the peak and reach this level of OP, it seems like these changes are way too much.

omaan
09.26.2017 , 11:46 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Yes he does, of course he does, it's getting an extra ability inside your 100% armour penetration window.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajve1CTVIVk
WOw,you guys are really that dumb if ur complaining about carnage mara. Carnage was never overperforming in pvp since it's burst window is always interrupted by tonnes of CC's every class in swtor has. It's always r4-7 on dps scale in the end of the warzone. Parsley info is a stupid source of info because it's not considering real-practise situations like other player's defenses,mobility,interrupts,gear differences, tester's skill and willingness to show best results etc. If your class is nerfed to ground it isn't a reason to cry about other classes. Esp if other classes you write about aren't performing well.

DarthSealth
09.26.2017 , 12:13 PM | #120
Hahahahaha did someone mention hatred lmao no thanks I'll just go back to darkness and do some skanking.
Also people really need to get a grip and stop being so divided afterwards this is what BW wanted when sub-classes were universal with the old skill trees and hybrids there was none of this "Buff this or Nerf this." And the actual content like the class stories had some difficulty.

Like [Voss heroic 4+] anyone remember these days?

I guess this is this issue with it now getting handed on a plate if all class story content is easy unlike in my day then it gives you a false sense of belief making you think you're good at the game/class then when you realise the truth that you suck you blame it on underperforming or over performing.

Then you get to end-game content after having it handed on a plate and realised the nerf makes them players suffer the most the ones you made this game brain dead/easy for because you wanted new/more customers in the door fast.