Updated Unassembled Component Rates - 5.1.2

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the GC roadmap thread, 5.1.2 at the end of February will bring a lot of changes to Missions and Unassembled Components. For this post I want to focus on Unassembled Components and the specific changes that you can expect. Below you will find the new values along with what their old values were.

• Warzone Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Warzone Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Arena Win: 4 (up from 3)
  • Arena Loss: 2 (up from 1)
  • Solo Ranked Win: 8 (up from 5)
  • Solo Ranked Loss: 3 (up from 2)
  • Group Ranked Win: 10 (up from 8)
  • Group Ranked Loss: 4 (up from 3)
  • GSF Win: 8 (stays the same)
  • GSF Loss: 3 (stays the same)

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

• Warzone Daily: 12
  • Warzone Weekly: 40
  • Solo Ranked Daily: 16
  • Solo Ranked Weekly: 30
  • Group Ranked Solo: 20
  • Group Ranked Weekly: 60

These are the adjusted Component rates coming in 5.1.2 on Feb 28. Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As I mentioned in the GC roadmap thread, 5.1.2 at the end of February will bring a lot of changes to Missions and Unassembled Components. For this post I want to focus on Unassembled Components and the specific changes that you can expect. Below you will find the new values along with what their old values were.

Currently in the game, PvP Missions do not award any Unassembled Components. In 5.1.2 we will be adding them onto all of the Mission rewards. Here are their values:

These are the adjusted Component rates coming in 5.1.2 on Feb 28. Thanks everyone.

-eric

The new values still seem very low.

Eric, is your goal to NOT have PvP as a viable means for gearing? These values are ridiculously low given the extreme prices you're asking people to pay and the upgrade path you're making people jump through to get items. This is absurd.

First of all i dont like GC system so that you know.

Now, the Components and OPS drops should only be a way to MAKE YOU GET YOUR MISSING PIECE not gear your toon from 0 - full 242. I know it sounds stupid of me, but this was not supposed to be a way of gearing, but only a way to fill in the gaps, please realize that.

Having said that, please also include Component rewards for GSF Daily and Weekly like the other PVP activities.

Thank you.

Well, that's about a quarter of what I was hoping for for WZ increases with 5.1.2. The daily mission rewards are a good start though still low.

Gearing system is still backwards. Components should be the primary gearing method and the Disintegration Crates a secondary bonus. I guess there will have to be another month of disgruntlement before the next emergency fix in 5.2.

First of all i dont like GC system so that you know.

Now, the Components and OPS drops should only be a way to MAKE YOU GET YOUR MISSING PIECE not gear your toon from 0 - full 242. I know it sounds stupid of me, but this was not supposed to be a way of gearing, but only a way to fill in the gaps, please realize that.

Having said that, please also include Component rewards for GSF Daily and Weekly like the other PVP activities.

Thank you.

Do the math for me on oneset piece, like a chest. Assume it's the only piece you didn't get from 1-300 and tell me how reasonable it is as a means of "filling in the gaps". Once you've done that, take a look at another piece...and another...and tell me how reasonable you think it is.

Unfortunately, gear still matters in PvP. This isn't acceptable.

Do the math for me on oneset piece, like a chest. Assume it's the only piece you didn't get from 1-300 and tell me how reasonable it is as a means of "filling in the gaps". Once you've done that, take a look at another piece...and another...and tell me how reasonable you think it is.

considering that you're still sporting 224s, you might be a bit out of touch with how to gear properly.

these values do still seem pretty low... is there any way we'll be able to actually trade in the tons and tons of duplicate pieces we keep getting that we don't need? the real problem with this horrible luck-based gearing system that you've got is that I don't actually want to buy ANYTHING, because as soon as I do I know i'll prob get that exact piece from a crate, because that's the way my luck usually works in these games. all my gear sux and I don't want to upgrade yet because if I do then it will take twice as long to actually gear my char, and by the time i'm actually geared with even my first char the new sets will be out and i'll feel really pissed that I'm not getting any rewards or gear after months of playing. worst gearing system I have ever even heard of... please fix it. it's pissing off everyone... haven't you noticed!?

Why are you not adding Unassembled Components reward to GSF Daily and GSF Weekly?

GSF is a mini-game which supports the main game. It's seen a great resurgence of late as people have seen it as an alternative method to work toward gearing their toons. It really breaks up the grind and offers a refreshing change of pace.

Please don't start ignoring it again! Make the values half of what the WZ's daily/weeklies are - but toss GSF players a bone!

• [*]Warzone Win: 8 (up from 5)

[*]Group Ranked Win: 10 (up from 8)

why is that normal warzones, which are already the most common gamemode, have a 60% increase but teamranked only has a 25% increase??

Eric, can you please elaborate what incentives you plan to give teamranked or is this all we can expect?

-Note: im sitting at over 200 games played and im most likely the guy who has the most teamranked games played this season, but i dont see any incentive to keep playing. Meta became very boring and its a very unefficient way to get cxp :(

Eric, please adress this, its your turn :rak_03:

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for the info, but...

More please! :D

Those values are still too low, losses particularly. Also, any news about to 1000 component cap and making it legacy (or being able to transfer components?).

Two more:

* Why do Low and Mid PvP do not get components? WZ Comms used to be from lvl 10 and were included in introduction to WZ mission!!!!

* Add more Daily/Weekly PvP missions!!!! Rewarding with boxes and Components. When your single daily PvP only gives you 5 adrenals and 5 medpacks you feel like a day wasted! Example: "XXX Number of kills", "XX number of killing blows", "XX number of defending/attacking medals/points", "X number of each WZ map completed", "XXXXXXXX of Dmg done/prevented/healed" etc etc You get the idea, just don´t add one for number of Huttball goals because the even less people will pass the ball. Some of those counters are already implemented for some of the conquest objectives.

I get so much components per week that i have been buying 2x 242 pieces for one toon (im playing two toons now cause of this stupid system). Those toons are not even tier 3 so im actually gearing them upfront. I have enough components to buy a 230 upgrade to 236 and 242!! 2 per week.

Not to mention i am a very casual player, i just like to be very efficient when i do play.

1) The increases overall aren't enough. And a wz loss should be at least half of a win.

2) Scrap awarding components based on win/loss altogether, and award the components based on medals earned. At least afk'ers will need to contribute "something" and not just sit in a corner all match.

3) The main problem isn't even the amount of components we get, it's the bloody cost of the pieces. Lower those (along with your new rate), and maybe this RNG system can be salvaged somehow.

Edited by Rekzek